C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats

This is very funny.  It's from the New York Times about all the machinations Miami has to go through to get butts in their seats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/sports/basketball/15miami.html?ref=sports

No such problem in Boston.  I love how our home crowd supported our bench guys in their big moment last Wednesday -- sold out, applauding every good play wildly -- that was beautiful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats

I noticed in the last game they played in Miami there were lots of empty seats.
    I guess the weather is too nice to be inside....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

The fans down there are a different breed but dont discount them. I expect the Triple A to be very loud.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would imagine that the reason that many teams in Florida struggle to sell tickets is since many who live in Florida are from other states.  My brother lives in Florida and has been going to Miami NFL and NBA games since he has lived in Florida.  Many of his neighbors are from New England states and are fans of New York teams, Massachusetts teams, etc. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayman7. Show rayman7's posts

In Response to Re: C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats:
    [QUOTE]I would imagine that the reason that many teams in Florida struggle to sell tickets is since many who live in Florida are from other states.  My brother lives in Florida and has been going to Miami NFL and NBA games since he has lived in Florida.  Many of his neighbors are from New England states and are fans of New York teams, Massachusetts teams, etc. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Miami is a bogus town with bogus fans who will be jumping on the bandwagon once the playoffs begin and jumping off as soon as the team struggles.

It reflects the team which is a made up, manufactured team due to illegal tampering, made up like some of those super-groups in music that never work out.

The Dolphins have real fans, the Heat . . . not!

Florida, especially Miami,  is kind of like never never land out on the left coast -- divorced from reality.

It's sort of like sports limbo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats : Miami is a bogus town with bogus fans who will be jumping on the bandwagon once the playoffs begin and jumping off as soon as the team struggles. It reflects the team which is a made up, manufactured team due to illegal tampering, made up like some of those super-groups in music that never work out. The Dolphins have real fans, the Heat . . . not! Florida, especially Miami,  is kind of like never never land out on the left coast -- divorced from reality. It's sort of like sports limbo.
    Posted by rayman7[/QUOTE]

Miami is a football town not a sports town. Football is king there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats:
    [QUOTE]This is very funny.  It's from the New York Times about all the machinations Miami has to go through to get butts in their seats. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/sports/basketball/15miami.html?ref=sports No such problem in Boston.  I love how our home crowd supported our bench guys in their big moment last Wednesday -- sold out, applauding every good play wildly -- that was beautiful.
    the seats are sold already...if no one is in said seat, its because they didnt show to the game...oh well

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats : Miami is a bogus town with bogus fans who will be jumping on the bandwagon once the playoffs begin and jumping off as soon as the team struggles. It reflects the team which is a made up, manufactured team due to illegal tampering, made up like some of those super-groups in music that never work out. The Dolphins have real fans, the Heat . . . not! Florida, especially Miami,  is kind of like never never land out on the left coast -- divorced from reality. It's sort of like sports limbo.
    miami is made up of new englanders who could care less about miami sports, cubans who cant afford to the games and natives who enjoy being outside as much as they enjoy watching the game from their couch, where the beer is relatively inexpensive and the seats are free

it is what it is and remember...miami has been a city for a lesser time period than boston has had the red sox...if you dont think that factors in, then you are insane

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats : Miami is a football town not a sports town. Football is king there.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]
    its gotten better than its ESPN reputation would say

the marlins drew more fans than 2 other teams in baseball last year...but you would never hear that from a national publication

the heat draw well when competitive, same for the phins(which they really havent been in over a decade now)

and the panthers havent sniffed the playoffs in a decade

what teams draw well when the product is complete trash? not even boston teams are immune to that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The Cowboys and Yankees

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]The Cowboys and Yankees
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    and still, more than ample seating in those stadiums whenever you want to go

the heat sold out their season tix and playoffs in about 3 hours this year...i doubt the cowgirls and yankmes did the same

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats : and still, more than ample seating in those stadiums whenever you want to go the heat sold out their season tix and playoffs in about 3 hours this year...i doubt the cowgirls and yankmes did the same
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Proof they didn't??

Never mind, forget it - why don't you just take another two months off from posting and do us all a favor, since NO ONE responds to you anyway (except me, but I know you're a fraud and a front-runner)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats:
    [QUOTE]This is very funny.  It's from the New York Times about all the machinations Miami has to go through to get butts in their seats. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/sports/basketball/15miami.html?ref=sports No such problem in Boston.  I love how our home crowd supported our bench guys in their big moment last Wednesday -- sold out, applauding every good play wildly -- that was beautiful.

People with low self-esteem live vicariously through their sports teams so when there is a chance to point out fans doing something better or worse than their counterparts, it is a good way to make oneself feel better about oneself.  Congratulations!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to C's Sellout - Heat Can't Fill Seats : People with low self-esteem live vicariously through their sports teams so when there is a chance to point out fans doing something better or worse than their counterparts, it is a good way to make oneself feel better about oneself.  Congratulations!!!!!!!
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
      I am so happy you told us this, everybody get on your sofa.

Sections
Shortcuts