C's should now be favs to win title

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

C's should now be favs to win title

I know some may think it's being overly optimistic but I think this C's team will be even better than last year's team. Think about it.

We added Quis and Sheed last year, then Nate...that was it. KG came back 90% but our bench wasn't as good. They come within 6 mins of winning a title and run out of gas.

So now we've added a better Rondo, a healthier KG, Shaq, JON, Wafer and West. If Bradley comes to camp showing he can outplay Nate maybe he gets some run...I doubt it. We may not have a solid 3 to sub for PP but overall the bench is better. Doc will have to use his imagination, but I like a 2nd unit of
    Nate
    Wafer/West
    Quis
    BBD
    Shaq

We definately don't have to worry about going in scoring droughts anymore.

It's a two team race between LA & Boston but with a motivated Shaq he could be the difference vs LA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: C's should now be favs to win title

You have improved. Losing Tony Allen may end up hurting your team. But you will be able to compete each night in regards to rebounding. I think this hurt the Celtics the most last year.

Potentially a stronger team than that of '08. But the extra age on key players means they could be more prone to injury. Perkins being out until at least February isn't a good start. 

I agree Boston are narrow favorites in the East. By way that Miami hasn't played a game together yet. I expect Orlando and the Bulls to be serious contenders as well. Although the Bulls always let me down when I predict they'll do good things.

Lakers also starting favorites. Although I fear the Thunder. Portland if they stay healthy will be a major player as well. I don't expect anything serious from Dallas. And San Antonio seem to be in early 90's Celtic mode. Dangerous but not a serious contender anymore. Although capable of winning a first round series.

With the Celtics this year. Everything is on Rondo. If he improves again you will be very hard to beat. 

Although I feel this year may be Bostons last true chance to win the title for a while. That and game seven SHOULD give them great motivation. That being said I think it's also the Lakers last realistic shot for a while as well. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

When you wake up from your dream here are the realities.  Nate, Doc didn't trust him last year in tight spots what makes you think this year is any different?  Wafer has a jump shot that is fair at best and to expect him coming off bench to perform immediately is a stretch.  Quis, well we all saw last year on what to expect from him and this year isn't any different.  Until he proves otherwise ... bust.  JON, was a complete bust playing for Miami with the biggest bloated contract known to NBA.  I believe he was in the Top 5 players of largest contracts and yet this clown couldn't even make a 10 ft jumper.  Did you not watch the Heat/Celtics playoff series this spring?  All of a sudden the Celtics pick him up and presto, he's a great shooter coming off the bench??  The only legit pickup  the C's made during the off season was Shaq signing for vet min.  He provides a big body who can clog up the middle and can rebound decent for a player coming off the bench.  If Perkins does not come back healthy or comes back healthy and aggravates the knee then Shaq becomes a bargain pickup for Celtics.  Most people and even some fans in Boston will admit on paper the Lakers have the best team, but the game is not played on paper and that's why the games are played through an entire season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I agree......Boston is older but much deeper and has added length and inside presence....if Rondo continues to improve then the sky is the limit....Lakers are definitely the favorites out West and, as defending champions, should be ranked #1 going into the season.....I really hope that KG returns 100% but he has a lot of mileage on him....same goes for Kobe...he has had some nagging injuries....time stops for no one.....just ask Larry Bird...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Out of respect the Lakers will get the favorite tag but I'll take the C's upgrades over the Lakers. Shaq is going to be a huge difference playing with someone like KG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I would say the Lakers are the favorites for right now.

After that yeah Celtics in the East. Gotta prove it first Miami I aint going to believe this three player team crap. Pierce on Lebron, Ray on Wade, KG on Bosh or Big Z and Shaq on whoever KG decides not to pick up on. I think they could test the waters early on in the season and see how Shaq does with Bosh. Rondos going to run circles around them and their PG.

The Magic? Meh same as last year overrated hype. Dwights got 2-3 moves and as long as KG is on Lewis were good. VC is pure crap and Pierce puts him on lock down.

Bulls and Bucks are the only teams that worry me. The Hawks probably would go to 6. This team has some unfinished business

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

1. Lakers (they are the champs)  2.  Heat (they do have the young studs) 3. Celtics (they have the all-stars and they are the dark horse) 4. Heat, Durant, and others.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the only team that could beat the heat in the east is injuries...in the west? maybe the lakers...but more likely...injuries

if they manage to stay healthy...the heat have the best roster in the league hands down

i know the games arent played on paper but you take the best overall player in the game and pair him with a top 3 player and a top 5 PF in this league and they are going to cause alot of havoc all over the court...nevermind the 2 other guys that will be on the court with them and a deep bench as well

i think alot of people forget how good wade and lebron as defenders...they are going to absolutely murder some teams this year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I love the C's team this season. We have a lot more depth than last season and last season we were only 5 points away from the championship. I can't wait for the pre-season to start. Yes, I get into pre-season games also to see the young talent and chemistry develope.
       With all respect to the Lakers, they are the current champs until some other team knocks them off. I'm hoping for 2 out of 3 falls as they say in professional wrestling. A cage match, with no rules and no stopping on cuts or bleeding. It will be the battle royal of the century. Shaq will be our Andre the Giant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

always about the injuries.........whichever team gets them......will fall by wayside
    Celtics will have to stay healthy .........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: C's should now be favs to win title:
    always about the injuries.........whichever team gets them......will fall by wayside Celtics will have to stay healthy .........
    Posted by sday4x45

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    True, Celts will have to stay healthy, but they got depth now, and even if one person gets injured, they have capable backups unlike last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

If brick went down the trolls here would have people believe that Nate could take over?? Puhleeese, nate's a stiff. He'll get owned by ang pg that posts him as his defense is woeful and his height is a liability.

But please keep believing this trash, when the fall comes it'll be a hard one....just like 2010! Woo hoo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: C's should now be favs to win title : ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ True, Celts will have to stay healthy, but they got depth now, and even if one person gets injured, they have capable backups unlike last year.
    Posted by CelticFanLA

I agree. The two people we should be most concerned about are PP & RA. I look for Doc to play the Big 3 no more than 32 mins per game this year. They managed minutes last year because they had to, this year they can do it while possibly still winning games and developing some chemistry on the bench.

To me the Lakers are still going to have that issue of a solid big man off the bench. Who do you like Shaq or Ratliff?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Theo will hold his own against snaq! If snaq gets too far into the low post he'll be fouled and put on the line. Then we'll all hear the brick special.....clank....clank!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Easy now - I like the C's going into the year but the favorites? Gotta give that to the Lakers. Losing Tony Allen meant losing a great defensive stopper and we didn't really replace that. We are dependent on some aging guys who are more prone to injury. I like our chances a LOT but favorites? Not just yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't know about favorites, but they're in the mix.  I like their bench much better than last year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KB24,
    I look at your picture of Kobe celebrating the majesty of his 5-24 shooting in game 7. It makes me laugh now. You ought to change it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

KB24, I look at your picture of Kobe celebrating the majesty of his 5-24 shooting in game 7. It makes me laugh now. You ought to change it.
    Posted by concord27

In actual fact KB24 is celebrating his FIFTH championship (more than brick, wheelchair,ray, big flick it put together), a back to back championship, 2 time Finals MVP, and reminding wheelchair of "we aint coming back to LA".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: C's should now be favs to win title : I agree. The two people we should be most concerned about are PP & RA. I look for Doc to play the Big 3 no more than 32 mins per game this year. They managed minutes last year because they had to, this year they can do it while possibly still winning games and developing some chemistry on the bench. To me the Lakers are still going to have that issue of a solid big man off the bench. Who do you like Shaq or Ratliff?
    Posted by BiasLewis

I agree with you. With the increased depth this season, I hope Doc cuts K.G and Ray's minutes to about 27 or 28 minutes per game. K.G averaged 32 last season and Ray was somewhere around 36 per game. I think P.P is good for playing in the low 30's this season which would reduce his minutes by about 5 minutes per game as compared to last season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well if the Lakers have beat us 4-1 I would say they are clear favorites but losing in the last minutes AND the addition of Shaq pushes over the top.

Remember the last time Shaq was motivated was when he signed in Miami and Kobe called him out. Don't be mistaken Shaq knows that signing with the C's was a death blow to his Lakers legacy. This is why he's going to be motivated...just to beat the Lakers.

People said we were old and injury prone but it's funny that the one injury that cost us the title didn't happen to a old vet, it was our 25 yr old center. The Lakers have been to 3 straight finals and if anyone may be injury prone it's them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

I think the minutes for our starters should be:

Rondo(34)
    Ray-Ray(30)
    Pierce(30)

I think with our bigs,we can play them:

18 minutes Shaq
    24 KG
    25 JON

now we have 30 minutes to split for BBD and the others(erden and Harangody)
    i´m ok if Baby take all those 30 minutes

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In Response to Re: C's should now be favs to win title : I agree. The two people we should be most concerned about are PP & RA. I look for Doc to play the Big 3 no more than 32 mins per game this year. They managed minutes last year because they had to, this year they can do it while possibly still winning games and developing some chemistry on the bench. To me the Lakers are still going to have that issue of a solid big man off the bench. Who do you like Shaq or Ratliff?
    Posted by BiasLewis

The Lakers have an unusual situation up front, and quite frankly this unusual situation is what puts them over the top. The Lakers Back-up Center is the 7 footer, Pau Gasol. 

The Lakers can go Bynum-Gasol, Gasol-Odom, Bynum-Odom, Ratliff-Gasol, Bynum-Ratliff. Ratliff-Odom. There are plenty of combinations to match-up against anyone, and there is just enough minutes to go around. So the Shaq or Ratliff comparison is really kind of off. The Lakers are not short on big men, and always have plenty of length.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The signing of Delonte also means very little playing time for Avery Bradley.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bradley is going to be so good Doc will have to find minutes for him. In my opinion Ainge should not have signed Daniels, i think Wafer will get his minutes. I also think JON will be a great pick up, for the Celtics. If we get past the Heat, the Lakers will be a cake walk for the C's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The signing of Delonte also means very little playing time for Avery Bradley.
    Posted by P34

You're right fierce. It's either the D.League for Bradley so he can get some playing time or a trade involving Bradley and possibly another C's bench player for a solid small forward. I don't expect any C's trades for at least a few months due to the 3 month rule I learned about regarding trading players who have been recently signed. As I recall, you informed me of that rule about a month ago.

Sections
Shortcuts