Re: C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow

In Response to Re: C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow:
    [QUOTE]JO is not a 7-footer. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    He meant the average. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow : He meant the average. :-)
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

But JO is definitely taller than Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith.

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Keep JON.  Dumping him now does no good for anyone.  There's a chance he helps.  The only reason I'd see to get rid of him would be if he's a bad locker room or off the court presence, but I highly doubt he is.
    Posted by pinnacle10[/QUOTE]

I agree that if healthy he should be able to contribute during the playoffs.  I read or heard someone say that he expects to be back before the playoffs even start.  Hopefully, both of the O'Neill's will be healthy and be able to contribute during the playoffs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think it's funny that some fans are still holding out hope for this guy. Even if he says he's ready to play, he hasn't played all season so how effective does anyone really think he can be at this point?

It sounds good to say "we have JON if Shaq can't stay healthy" but what does that really mean? How long will he stay on the court before something else is wrong. It's like getting Sheed off the couch after 4 months.

I'd just rather go with the mindset that if Shaq isn't healthy we have to go with Krstic, if not him, Murphy, if not him BBD, if none of them then we're screwed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

[QUOTE]murphy, brewer, JON...all fine and dandy...but i see no reason to keep chris johnson on the roster. send him back to D league and tell him to eat.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

almost spit coffee all over the monitor with that!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If JO can give the Celtics PJ Brown minutes when it really matters it will have been worth the gamble.  If the Celts win it then they can decide what the do with JO.  I think there is some upside with him if he can get healthy since he can defend and rebound. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I just wonder what the guy looks like.  He really can put on weight when he's down.

What surgery did the guy have?  Last I knew he opted for no surgery and they didn't even know what was wrong.  Then I heard he had it.  What was wrong?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

My point about the five men on the team all around seven feet is length is not a problem.  Health and the ability to come together as a team is the real challenge.

We have size without a doubt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]I just wonder what the guy looks like.  He really can put on weight when he's down. What surgery did the guy have?  Last I knew he opted for no surgery and they didn't even know what was wrong.  Then I heard he had it.  What was wrong?
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

He had a heart transplant because he never had one. LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34,
    If you go according to how these men are listed KG is not a seven footer either. He is probably 7-1.

Bill Walton was not a seven footer he insisted. He was listed at 6-11.  He was 7-1 or 7-2.

I know you are joking my point is that we have a lot of size.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm afraid he's more likely to show up 7ft across.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's funny that some fans are still holding out hope for this guy. Even if he says he's ready to play, he hasn't played all season so how effective does anyone really think he can be at this point? It sounds good to say "we have JON if Shaq can't stay healthy" but what does that really mean? How long will he stay on the court before something else is wrong. It's like getting Sheed off the couch after 4 months. I'd just rather go with the mindset that if Shaq isn't healthy we have to go with Krstic, if not him, Murphy, if not him BBD, if none of them then we're screwed.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Funny all along you have said Ainge has a plan, knows what he doing, etc.   He keeps saying JO is coming along fine and is very optimistic. He said he looks good.  He is probably around him nearly every day.  So why should we not be optimistic.  Do you know something Danny doesn't?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow : Funny all along you have said Ainge has a plan, knows what he doing, etc.   He keeps saying JO is coming along fine and is very optimistic. He said he looks good.  He is probably around him nearly every day.  So why should we not be optimistic.  Do you know something Danny doesn't?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You mean to tell me you're STILL LISTENING TO DANNY AINGE???? LMAO!

When will you learn about The Poker Face. C'mon man, Ainge also said no moves would be made before the break...he liked the team. Then he makes the most moves of anyone at the break.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow : You mean to tell me you're STILL LISTENING TO DANNY AINGE???? LMAO! When will you learn about The Poker Face. C'mon man, Ainge also said no moves would be made before the break...he liked the team. Then he makes the most moves of anyone at the break.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I guess I was listening to you.  You said he had all these plans. Gonna do this, gonna do that,  did this because of that,  Wyc in Danny's ear, etc.  I am still waiting for those last two roster spots to be occupied by someone other than a reject.  Believe me I hope your right but its not looking that way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

After trading Perk Danny is counting bigtime on JON according to Bob Ryan and other sources. He's keeping a close eye on his progress and expects JON to give the C's the defensive intangibles provided by Perk come playoffs.
    It's a gamble but it may be crucial for our title hopes.
    He solely needs to focus on D nothing else. I hope he can deliver.
    That's one and two is Shaq being able to give us 12-18 mins EVERY game in the playoffs.
    Baby, Murphy, Kristic won't be enough to conquer banner 18.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow:
    [QUOTE]I'm ready to do dump JON tomorrow. Negotiate a buyout after 3/1 so no one else can put him on their playoff roster. I just don't see any need for him now that Murphy is on board. Keep Chris Johnson and let him sit, watch and learn. There are no minutes on the frontline for JON. Shaq, KG, BBD, Murphy, Krstic, Green, CJ is good enough for this run. I know there is a chance Shaq will not hold up but a frontline rotation of 8 players is more than enough to get through the season.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]mark my words bias.. JO will be a MONSTER upon his return! he was pretty good before he left, i expect him to go back to what he was last year before he got injured around the playoffs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow : mark my words bias.. JO will be a MONSTER upon his return! he was pretty good before he left, i expect him to go back to what he was last year before he got injured around the playoffs!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

When I was 26 I was playing in a league at Christopher Columbus High in the North End.  We had a 3 on 1 break.  I was on the right wing.  The guy in the middle was leading the break.  The guy with the ball looked at me but made a look away to the guy on the other side.  The defender came at me.  I was running about as fast I could and stepped on the ankle of the defender.  My knee went backwards, my femur came down on my tibia like a hammer on a nail and created 9 vertical breaks in my tibia while shaving the cartiliage off the top of my tibia and my knee has been garbage ever since.

J O's knees are much worse.  He has had nothing left for about 3 years and nothing about putting on a green jersey will make the knees better, nothing about the recent surgery will make his knees better.

Danny saw Perk go down in the playoffs and panicked and overpaid J O because his incorrect perception of the finals was that the Lakers length cost them the series.  The reality of the situation is prior to Perk getting hurt, the Lakers length was already hurting them and that was when Bynum was probably running at about 30% after dominating game 1.

What was really going on ( and happens to be the 800 pound gorilla in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge) is that the smallest guy on the floor and wearing #9 was largely ignored in the half court and as his own coach said after the playoffs "his inability to shoot really hurt us".  A routine jumper here or there and shooting something even remotely respectable like 70% from the line instead of a record 26% and they would have likely won.

So Danny overreacted and paid too much for someone who they dominated in the first round of the playoffs.

And J O will likely not even dress for the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bias FYI

Dannt On Jermaine O'Neal: "He looks great. He looks better now than he did in training camp. Jermaine was talking about retirement and wondering if he had it. Tough decisions going back and forth. I think now he wishes he had done the surgery a little earlier. His spirits are up, he's putting the time in, I think we'll have the good Jermaine." Ainge estimated a time-table for his return at around three weeks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Any thoughts about this now?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Dudders post..HAHAHA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Jermaine O'Neal is a better defensive player than Perkins, when healthy. It would be monumentally foolish to waive him out of spite. If he can give the Celtics even just 5 minutes per game, that would be better than nothing. Jermaine O'Neal is the best rebounder/shot-blocker on the roster.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]
    Acknowledged by his teammates as team`s best post defender.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow : When I was 26 I was playing in a league at Christopher Columbus High in the North End.  We had a 3 on 1 break.  I was on the right wing.  The guy in the middle was leading the break.  The guy with the ball looked at me but made a look away to the guy on the other side.  The defender came at me.  I was running about as fast I could and stepped on the ankle of the defender.  My knee went backwards, my femur came down on my tibia like a hammer on a nail and created 9 vertical breaks in my tibia while shaving the cartiliage off the top of my tibia and my knee has been garbage ever since. J O's knees are much worse.  He has had nothing left for about 3 years and nothing about putting on a green jersey will make the knees better, nothing about the recent surgery will make his knees better. Danny saw Perk go down in the playoffs and panicked and overpaid J O because his incorrect perception of the finals was that the Lakers length cost them the series.  The reality of the situation is prior to Perk getting hurt, the Lakers length was already hurting them and that was when Bynum was probably running at about 30% after dominating game 1. What was really going on ( and happens to be the 800 pound gorilla in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge) is that the smallest guy on the floor and wearing #9 was largely ignored in the half court and as his own coach said after the playoffs "his inability to shoot really hurt us".  A routine jumper here or there and shooting something even remotely respectable like 70% from the line instead of a record 26% and they would have likely won. So Danny overreacted and paid too much for someone who they dominated in the first round of the playoffs. And J O will likely not even dress for the playoffs.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Jermaines injury was nowhere near as severe as the one you described. He looked fine tonight,nimble even.All we need is is for him to give us 15 minutes or so for maybe 30 games .Maybe he will and maybe he won`t. If he does he`ll be a great attribute and well worth the money. We need him to be a reasonable facsimile of P.J. Brown and when healthy ,he`s perfectly capable of doing so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Dudders post..HAHAHA
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    why does dudder hate the celtics?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's should waive/buyout JON tomorrow : When I was 26 I was playing in a league at Christopher Columbus High in the North End.  We had a 3 on 1 break.  I was on the right wing.  The guy in the middle was leading the break.  The guy with the ball looked at me but made a look away to the guy on the other side.  The defender came at me.  I was running about as fast I could and stepped on the ankle of the defender.  My knee went backwards, my femur came down on my tibia like a hammer on a nail and created 9 vertical breaks in my tibia while shaving the cartiliage off the top of my tibia and my knee has been garbage ever since. J O's knees are much worse.  He has had nothing left for about 3 years and nothing about putting on a green jersey will make the knees better, nothing about the recent surgery will make his knees better. Danny saw Perk go down in the playoffs and panicked and overpaid J O because his incorrect perception of the finals was that the Lakers length cost them the series.  The reality of the situation is prior to Perk getting hurt, the Lakers length was already hurting them and that was when Bynum was probably running at about 30% after dominating game 1. What was really going on ( and happens to be the 800 pound gorilla in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge) is that the smallest guy on the floor and wearing #9 was largely ignored in the half court and as his own coach said after the playoffs "his inability to shoot really hurt us".  A routine jumper here or there and shooting something even remotely respectable like 70% from the line instead of a record 26% and they would have likely won. So Danny overreacted and paid too much for someone who they dominated in the first round of the playoffs. And J O will likely not even dress for the playoffs.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I'm real sorry to hear about your injury. being injured is the worst feeling in the world. I broke my leg last year, on the same day the celtics lost game 7.

with that said, can you give up on this fantasy you've concocted about bynum being the difference-maker? his breakout game in the finals, as I've told you numerous times, was game 2 (21 pts, 6 boards, 7 blocks), and the lakers lost that game, so he's not the game-changer you think he is.

Sections
Shortcuts