C's sign Arroyo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: C's sign Arroyo

In Response to Re: C's sign Arroyo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's sign Arroyo : Impossible to a point guard to have assist playing for the Heat.The ball is always on wade or lebron Hands.The point guard is just a decoy.I was sorry for Bibby lat night against SA..He must be saying:What the hell I,m doing in here.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

I also felt sorry for Bibby last night. He looked lost out on the court.

Arroyo's best year was with the Jazz 2003-4 when he had a 13/5 year and shot 80% from the line. He has range and will spread the floor.

Smallish but tough minded. I suspect that his defense will improve when KG gets inside his head.

Everybody's does with KG lighting the fire! Or else!

I'm sure that Arroyo's motivation will be sky high... and should work well with DWest in tandem.

Revenge will be sweet...  against the Heat.  Should be quite a subplot to follow.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]Danny, you're a gem. Carlos can shoot 40+% from the field; hit 3's, and is an 80% free throw shooter. Yeah, I know, he's a defensive liability on other teams. He'll get better under the tutelage of KG, PP, and RA. At least adequate. Now, can you see Carlos hitting 16' jumpers at the end of games when otherwise we'd have to wince every time Rondo hacks it up in the air? No more 5 on 4 for the last four minutes of close games. And don't forget, he's a slasher and will penetrate and get fouled. Love this pickup. Might turn out better than Jeff Green.
    Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]

At the end of games Arroyo will be on the bench where he belongs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I was hoping that Celtics sign him up and glad they did. I think it is the best pick up for the Celtics this season, this guy can shoot. I am not sure we have had such a good backup point gaurd in a long time. West is good but very injury prone. Bardley is waste of time IMO and a project for teams like Thunder and Wolves. Danny should trade him for something better. Arroyo not too long ago is the starting point guard for the Heat. Anyway as you can see I am excited with his sign up and hopefully he wil swish some 3's in the crunch time.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

Welcome aboard.

I agree. Arroyo can definitely shoot.

Didn't he begin the season as the starting PG with the Heat? 

Quite a fall in less than a year.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]dislike. we just keep picking up more players who can't defend
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Who will defend Arroyo if he's on the bench?

Danny Ainge needed a replacement for Scal. When it's playoff time the Celts will need a cheerleader on the bench. And since Scal took his talents to somewhere in South Chicago he needed to be replaced.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]The guy can shoot well, but doesn't distribute the ball well (3 APG with the Heat)...not sure he is a great fit with the Celtics, but a very adequate backup and a good addition, considering he was the last and only PG option available.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]
    Hard to get assists with the Heat. Their scorers like to dribble in place while the shot clock winds down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Bradley has flunked the test of playing pg. this season. Summer league for Avery and than some. Therefore Arroyo is a smart acquisition. With Delonte's injury problems, the C's need a solid backup pg. Arroyo won't hurt a team. He's not the type to take a game over, but the C's don't need that from him anyway. He'll get the job done and that's good enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Arroyo's very limited defense gives him zero chance to play unless Delonte is injured or has more depression problems.  Hope Delonte keeps up his recovery.  Arroya is a major liability.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]I think I won't have to watch Avery Bradley attempt to be a point guard again. Good insurance for West. He's the 15th guy. What more do you want. In the playoffs you play 8-9 guys anyway. Besides Krstic and Green none of these other addiitions are really going to do much of anything in the playoffs. I basically consider West a new guy on the roster since he hasn't played. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that Danny is sending Bradley to Maine,so he  can have playing time.It will be good for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]Danny, you're a gem. Carlos can shoot 40+% from the field; hit 3's, and is an 80% free throw shooter. Yeah, I know, he's a defensive liability on other teams. He'll get better under the tutelage of KG, PP, and RA. At least adequate. Now, can you see Carlos hitting 16' jumpers at the end of games when otherwise we'd have to wince every time Rondo hacks it up in the air? No more 5 on 4 for the last four minutes of close games. And don't forget, he's a slasher and will penetrate and get fouled. Love this pickup. Might turn out better than Jeff Green.
    He will be good,but not better than Jeff Green,please !

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

TJ,

1) Rondo will never be on the bench at crunch time (unless we have to have a three, and probably not even then).

2) Rondo is an All-Star, who - during the last five minutes of close games - plays even better than he usually does.  He shoots more, hits more, scores more, gets more rebounds and assists and steals, and has fewer turnovers. 

Since you are apparently a pretty new poster, let me offer a word of advice. On this forum, it's generally not a good idea to make assertions with no facts to back them up.  And if you go to the trouble to find the facts (especially about Rondo) you are likely to find that they paint a very different picture from whatever the barstool experts preach.  (And, as another poster pointed out, always be on guard against the opinions of unsuccessful former PGs.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's sign Arroyo : He had other options... he should have thought about it more instead of getting sucked up by the hype. He made his bed and now he can sleep in it!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You're finally back. I thought you were dead. Too bad Anthony Tolliver is not doing too well. Oh well, hope to see you in the fall. Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Nap time, JerryC!!!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's sign Arroyo : TJ, 1) Rondo will never be on the bench at crunch time (unless we have to have a three, and probably not even then). 2) Rondo is an All-Star, who - during the last five minutes of close games - plays even better than he usually does.  He shoots more, hits more, scores more, gets more rebounds and assists and steals, and has fewer turnovers.  Since you are apparently a pretty new poster, let me offer a word of advice. On this forum, it's generally not a good idea to make assertions with no facts to back them up.  And if you go to the trouble to find the facts (especially about Rondo) you are likely to find that they paint a very different picture from whatever the barstool experts preach.  (And, as another poster pointed out, always be on guard against the opinions of unsuccessful former PGs.)
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

TJ... a pretty new poster??? LMAOROTF!!!

He's been here since 2005, J/C.

Psssssst: Sometimes J/C can be a wee bit careless with facts, particularly the inconvenient ones... so much so that he takes very long sabbaticals when they blow up in his face.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's sign Arroyo : At the end of games Arroyo will be on the bench where he belongs
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

You got that right.  I can't even imagine posters already talking about him taking Rondo's place at the end of games.  Yea right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley has flunked the test of playing pg. this season. Summer league for Avery and than some. Therefore Arroyo is a smart acquisition. With Delonte's injury problems, the C's need a solid backup pg. Arroyo won't hurt a team. He's not the type to take a game over, but the C's don't need that from him anyway. He'll get the job done and that's good enough.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Are you saying we needed insurance?   I think it was as good of a pickup as we could get at this time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's sign Arroyo : Are you saying we needed insurance?   I think it was as good of a pickup as we could get at this time.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Like a good neighbor state farm is there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's a good p/u... The Celtics can't count on West to be healthy so if Arroyo can give them 10 minutes a game then they are set even without West or Wafer. Sasha can play SG and SF,and Arroyo can handle the PG spot for at least 10 minutes a game. Murphy is insurance against either of the O'Neal's not being healthy so all in all Danny did a great job reconstructing this team..

Sections
Shortcuts