C's Still Pursuing Trade For Kevin Love!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Re: C's Still Pursuing Trade For Kevin Love!

In response to BCSP's comment:

To your point - that is why Rondo is still in Boston! K. Love is still in play!

True.

That's why there's no rush in trading for Love.

If the Wolves play the waiting game, the Celts will get Love in FA and the Celts will give both Rondo and Love the max next summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to MajorMajor's comment:

True.

If the Wolves play the waiting game, the Celts will get Love in FA and the Celts will give both Rondo and Love the max next summer.

What happened to Mployee? All his posts have been removed? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

He got banned too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

He got banned too.

Wow - Karma is a ugh!! a banned word!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I'd bet Ol' "Fireworks" Grousbeck told Danny that he'd better get Love here no matter what!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

True.

Because as you have told us so many times, banned and unwanted poster, the Celtics are a prime destination for free agents. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the Celtics can spin Smart, Bass and say Young or a future a pick into a player or two Minnesota really wants, then use Wallace to help facilitate us taking back 1-2 of their bad contracts, AND still send them Sully and a pick, then the C's can be business again. But it is a huge haul to give up for Love.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Because as you have told us so many times, banned and unwanted poster, the Celtics are a prime destination for free agents. 

But Rondo and Love said they would like to play for the Celtics.

Last month Love visited Boston and he liked the place.

And we all know Rondo wants to remain a Celtic.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

But  Minny will want our whole team and draft choices, and I would be willing to give up only a specific 75% and no  draft choices.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

most of it is not on our roster...we gotta trade draft picks and players to other teams for players the wolves want..has to be a 3 or more team trade...it can be done..it's going to be hard. but it can be done..ainge is a smart guy he knows what it takes...if he can't he'll move on.but he will give it his all.

couldn't have said it any way better

I can agree as well, but I've got to ask this. If its a multi team deal, do you think one of them will demand Rondo? I'd assume DA would want to pair him with Love if he could pull a deal off. I'd like to see Sully stay too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

Nah, wont happen. The point of acquiring Love is to pair him with Rondo and someone else. Having Love alone doesn't really take us anywhere, imo.

most of it is not on our roster...we gotta trade draft picks and players to other teams for players the wolves want..has to be a 3 or more team trade...it can be done..it's going to be hard. but it can be done..ainge is a smart guy he knows what it takes...if he can't he'll move on.but he will give it his all.

couldn't have said it any way better

I can agree as well, but I've got to ask this. If its a multi team deal, do you think one of them will demand Rondo? I'd assume DA would want to pair him with Love if he could pull a deal off. I'd like to see Sully stay too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

I think in order to have this trade make sense, Rondo, Sully and Bradley have to remain. That creates a solid foundation. Obviously you still need more to become contenders tho. Maybe a return of CPP.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The price for Love will only go up for the Celtics.  Wolves will trade him anywhere else if they can.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The price for Love will only go up for the Celtics.  Wolves will trade him anywhere else if they can.

Which is why they remain a poor franchise. Cant make business decisions based on pride.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

A wildcard in all of this may be not yet renouncing MN Native and U or MN student Kris Humphries.  Young, Hump, draft picks and a player or two from another team.  We would have to take back Martin.....I'm still not sure this is the way to go.

Does anyone else think that Hump + Sully + Bass might = Love............??

Then, next year Hump + Sully + Oly = Love, while we draft Okafor....LOL?

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

A wildcard in all of this may be not yet renouncing MN Native and U or MN student Kris Humphries.  Young, Hump, draft picks and a player or two from another team.  We would have to take back Martin.....I'm still not sure this is the way to go.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

Sure, just give the TPuffs all the Celtics GARBAGE and they hand Love over on a sliver platter!  Only in Boston Folks!  LMAO!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Sure, just give the TPuffs all the Celtics GARBAGE and they hand Love over on a sliver platter!  Only in Boston Folks!  LMAO!

[object HTMLDivElement]

66 other comments, and you respond to me - STALKER!!

Everyone on here knows your knowledge of basketball is ZERO...Jacoby Parker??????????????

Good Luck with the Pillsbury Dough boy as you starting PF this year......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Boston Celtics: One More Try For Kevin Love

By Mike Elworth: Owner and Publisher/Hoopstuff…

There are 2 elite NBA stars that I expect to be traded this offseason, Kevin Love and Rajon Rondo, but according to a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, Boston and Danny Ainge are still trying to acquire Kevin Love from Minny. Basically, Ainge would love to pair these 2 stars together to form the foundation of a championship caliber roster. The Celtics are in an interesting position though when it comes to a trade, their assets are stronger than they were 2 weeks ago, as they had one of the best drafts of any NBA team, drafting a probable All Star point guard in Marcus Smart and an excellent offensive wing who can be a starter in James Young. So here is an improved trade proposal to the Timberwolves and one more try in pairing these two stars together with the Celtics.

The Trade

Celtics Receive: Kevin Love and Chase Budinger

Timberwolves Receive: Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger. Gerald Wallace, Brandon Bass and 2 1st Round Picks (1 Boston, 1 Brooklyn)

For Boston this is most of their assets being traded for Kevin Love, but to receive arguably the best big man in the NBA, this is what it costs. Chase Budinger whose 5 million dollar per season contract Minnesota would like to shed, would actually add nice depth to the roster, but now to the meat of the trade. If the Celtics are keeping Rondo, then there is no way that Smart would reach his potential in Boston and he is an NBA ready starter at point guard and a star talent who is a valuable trade chip, as is Jared Sullinger who is an excellent offensive power forward and rebounder who could start at Love’s power forward position in Minnesota from day 1; these 2 would be the centerpiece of the package. If you are wondering, Gerald Wallace (2 seasons, 20 million left) and Brandon Bass (1 season, 7 million) are just in the trade to get the salaries to work, but 2 1st round picks (next offseason’s Boston pick and their next Brooklyn pick) along with Smart and Sullinger are a lot of assets to pay. Regardless, this is a trade you make each day and twice on Saturday if it gets you one of the best players in the NBA.

This is what the Celtics would look like if this trade were made tomorrow…

PGs: Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey (assuming they keep him, he has a non guaranteed contract next season, but for only about 500,000)

SGs: Avery Bradley, James Young

SFs: Jeff Green, Chase Budinger

PFs: Kevin Love, Kelly Olynyk

Cs: Joel Anthony, Vitor Faverani

Yes they would need a better center and have some roster spots to fill, but this team if healthy is one of the 2-4 best teams in the Eastern Conference and a title contender next season. There is little chance the Timberwolves would say no to this trade and despite the price, Danny Ainge shouldn’t hesitate to make this trade if able.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

The problem is it's not really a reliable source.

That's just the opinion of the owner of hoopstuff.

Here:

About Hoopstuff

Hey readers, my name is Mike Elworth, a 23 year old basketball fanatic from Chicago. I have created this site to share my opinions on everything NBA and give my own spin on the league as a whole. This includes rankings, lists, team examinations and mock drafts. I am now proudly a part of the Yardbarker Network as of April 2012. Enjoy the site.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The problem is it's not really a reliable source.

That's just the opinion of the owner of hoopstuff.

Here:

About Hoopstuff

Hey readers, my name is Mike Elworth, a 23 year old basketball fanatic from Chicago. I have created this site to share my opinions on everything NBA and give my own spin on the league as a whole. This includes rankings, lists, team examinations and mock drafts. I am now proudly a part of the Yardbarker Network as of April 2012. Enjoy the site.

I am guessing a large % of sports writers started at the bottom and worked their way up - wouldn't you agree?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I am NOT in favor of trading good young talent and good #1s for a guy who will NOT make us championship contenders....that lineup gets us one and done in the playoffs.....this is Boston, we want championships NOT just a 1st round one and done...

Love isn't coming and Rondo won't be staying...neither is Melo coming...nor LBJ...or any other "star" we do not draft...get over it folks...NOBODY wants to get taken by the Celtic's GM....lightning will not strike twice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

I am guessing a large % of sports writers started at the bottom and worked their way up - wouldn't you agree?

The guy is not David Aldridge or Adrian Wojnarowski.

You really want Kevin Love.

I get it.

But I don't think hoopstuff is a reliable source.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

AS an aside...what happened in this thread?...looks like there was a mass killing by the mods...wha' happened?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

The guy is not David Aldridge or Adrian Wojnarowski.

You really want Kevin Love.

I get it.

But I don't think hoopstuff is a reliable source.

We agree to disagree! A sports article is like a piece of art - it's meaning is subject to interpretation! 

Sections
Shortcuts