C's Very Close to getting David West????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: C's Very Close to getting David West????

MPloyee, if you were the Magic, wouldn't you rather add Bynum and keep Turkoglu (who, while overpaid, is still a good role player) than one year of Garnett and Allen? Realistically, the Celtics can't beat the Lakers' best offer now that Arenas is no longer in play. We have to hope some other team can do better. I think the Warriors, Clippers, or Thunder could, if they wanted to, but there's no evidence that any of those teams are involved.

If the Lakers field a team of Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard and Chris Paul (or even just Bryant, Howard and filler), the league might as well hand them the trophy. David West can't beat all of that, it's too much.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West????:
    Danny has collected trade exceptions.  Jeff Green has signed a 1-year deal making him imminently tradeable.  Can Bass be traded right away?  If so, the Celts are getting ready to go after Nene.  The pitch is to come here and win a championship.  Possibly take a little less and come over in a sign and trade.  Denver has to get to minimum salary and this will work for them.  Throw in a pick as well.  Perhaps the numbers will work. Green is likely part of the West acquisition. Isn't the deal Green and O'Neal for West? Has this been confirmed anywhere? I don't want any part of Nene Hilario. He's vastly overrated. I'd rather pursue Marc Gasol, if at all possible, although I'm not sure why the Grizzlies wouldn't match whatever the Celtics offer him.
    Posted by davidap

Why would Green need to be a part of this?  JO's salary + 25% seems like the starting point for West's salary.  Perhaps there is a pick or so.  Plus NO will get something for flipping JO around.  I can't make sense of the report that Celts will send JO plus more for DWest at that salary level.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Andrew Bynum has more upside than Brook Lopez so Lakers are in the hunt.
    Posted by Fiercest34

That may not be important if the Celts use up their cap space.  If Orlando trades DH to NJ, he may have no place to go to that will be better than NJ.  Orlando will not care.  They will trade DH for the best offer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

NBORK, December 9, 2011 – In response to inquiries, NBA Commissioner David Stern released the following statement:

“Since the NBA purchased the New Orleans Hornets, final responsibility for significant management decisions lies with the Commissioner’s Office in consultation with team chairman Jac Sperling. All decisions are made on the basis of what is in the best interests of the Hornets. In the case of the trade proposal that was made to the Hornets for Chris Paul, we decided, free from the influence of other NBA owners, that the team was better served with Chris in a Hornets uniform than by the outcome of the terms of that trade.”

via NBA Press Release

So what terms can change by making that deal Again??? La doesn't have anything else to  give.unless they take back a bad contract.....Can we still be in the hunt for Paul??? We got his buddy.West..for one year...Paul for one year??For Rondo, Green, and Bass???If Paul goes to La, Stern looks double foolish.and weak..He does have an ego....Isn't the league trying to avoid the collusion that has been going on???So Paul and DH going to the lakers will look much too fishery...pun. just hoping...and praying.....But they do look like the front runner for DH...yikes..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

looks like trade not going to happen......

Green yes, West no

Ainge, known for his blockbuster moves, nearly pulled off another one last night when he reportedly came close to signing pricey free agent David West. It was unclear whether he attempted to use restricted free agent Jeff Green in a sign-and-trade to make the deal for West possible.

“They’re out of that race, but they did try,” said a league source

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I feel like I'm riding a roller coaster.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Torn ACL takes at least a year to really come back from.
    Posted by Kirk6

Ok I'm not a doctor, nor do Iplay one on TV :)  That said, I had my ACl AND Meniscus done exactly 6 months prior to West's, who I believe had his on or around April 11th.  After 8 months I had no effects and I'm 53!  Believe me this guy has likely been rehabbing this 100 times greater than the guy on the street going to PT 2-3 times a week rehabbing. also he had a clean tear meaning no other structural damage.....my biggest wasn't they ACL bu the meniscus.  The ACL needs a good 12-13 weeks to pass the danger zone to gain full strength.  Then it's a question of all the surrounding muscles etc.  If you recall Welker was running routes 3 months after his surgery. 

Will this guy be perfect this year?   Will he be even stronger next year?  Yes to both.  But he will be able to play this year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : He's not a FA ... Orlando can do what ever they want with his current contract. Reread Doc's quote to the press tonight carefully. He said " we are close to signing a big scorer, yes." Emphasis on Scorer or Big? Doubt he was referring to West as he's neither Big nor a Scorer really.
    Posted by Mployee8

Dude check basketball-reference.com.  This guy is the model of consistency, consistent numbers almost Garnett like.  I'm sure, I really sure, he's no Kevin Garnett, but those numbers are incredibly consistent.  That's important in the NBA.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Herald says this deal isn't happening. Lame.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

looking like the cp3 to LA trade is going to end up going down...and while the hornets are getting some talent, seems like their arena is going to be empty next year though with no big time players playing there...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Red Sox fan, 
    If the Paul deal gets done, how are the Lakers in the three team conversation for Howard and we are not.  If the Lakers get both players it will be the biggest travesty ever for Stern.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Red Sox fan,  If the Paul deal gets done, how are the Lakers in the three team conversation for Howard and we are not.  If the Lakers get both players it will be the biggest travesty ever for Stern.
    Posted by concord27

Because the Celtics aren't one of the teams his agent is allowed to talk to. Most people know  that D12 is going to be a Laker one way or another...because he wants to be. Lakers don't make a move for CP3 and roll dice on him and CP3's knees. Eventually D12 will wind up there unless the Nets can steal him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i agree with you concord, but the players are dictating where they want to go, and dwight wants to go to NJ or LA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

i agree with you concord, but the players are dictating where they want to go, and dwight wants to go to NJ or LA
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Not any more. Moron team of the year NJ offered a 4 year 70 million to Nene. I can't even think of a contract worse than that in recent memory. Not even close. Nobody turns that down if true. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Not any more. Moron team of the year NJ offered a 4 year 70 million to Nene. I can't even think of a contract worse than that in recent memory. Not even close. Nobody turns that down if true. 
    Posted by tompenny

well if thats true, then the frontrunners for dwight may be LA and the celtics

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Red Sox fan,
    I get your thinking but why are we not in conversations with the Magic with the other three teams?  I am sure DA has a plan now with all these forwards.  What it is we need to find out.

Sections
Shortcuts