C's Very Close to getting David West????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: C's Very Close to getting David West????

Watch out for Dallas!!  They are the third team, and  got a big TPE with the Chandler deal.  That means they can take on a bad (Hedo) contract and still be players.  IF the Paul deal goes down, lakers can't take on a bad contract as it would be Bynum for DH straight up.  DAL can offer more, NJ can offer more.  Also read that NJ is "intensely" pursuing Howard AND Nene.  Finally, just read (all these on hoopshype) that Otis Smith wants to retain Howard, "but will not be told by the player or his agent where to trade him."  Go, Otis (my man) Go!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

this link say's DA thinks deal is unlikely......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=teamreports-2011-nba-bos

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West????:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics are working to complete a sign-and-trade deal with the New Orleans Hornets, and are expected to include center Jermaine O’Neal and guard Sasha Pavlovic. The Hornets are believed to have a third team willing to take O’Neal, the veteran center. The move would leave the Celtics without a true center, and West would likely play most of his minutes at power forward.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    I was originally against the deal because i thought we might be getting rid of Jeff Green along with Jermaine O'neal but if it's for Sasha pavlovic i'm all for it. We still have the MLE we can always sign another center.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Not any more. Moron team of the year NJ offered a 4 year 70 million to Nene. I can't even think of a contract worse than that in recent memory. Not even close. Nobody turns that down if true. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    it was reported that NJ may be looking to flip Nene for Dwight

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox fan,  If the Paul deal gets done, how are the Lakers in the three team conversation for Howard and we are not.  If the Lakers get both players it will be the biggest travesty ever for Stern.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I can't imagine that the league would allow Paul and Howard both to sign with the Lakers.  Many of the owners would be complaining similar to what happened with the original Paul trade. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He wins the 6th man award 2012 as well as MVP. You heard it here first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : it was reported that NJ may be looking to flip Nene for Dwight
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

I would agree and I'm furious at myself for not thinking of that - nice job!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Wilcox is only 6-8 and Jajuan is 6-10 but only 220 lbs.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Wlcox is 6-10

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : it was reported that NJ may be looking to flip Nene for Dwight
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

As per the previous cap rules, you can't sign and trade a free agent tha is not yours.  There has to be a (3 months) waiting period before you do that.  Unless that has chnaged, NJ will not be able to do that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : As per the previous cap rules, you can't sign and trade a free agent tha is not yours.  There has to be a (3 months) waiting period before you do that.  Unless that has chnaged, NJ will not be able to do that.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Yep. D12 will be a laker. I hear Lakers are getting Okafor back. I bet him and Bynum move for D12. I can see it already.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

hard to see howard going to the nets if they are really offering nene $70 mil. looks to me like CP3 and howard end up in LA. what a joke. this lockout really accomplished a lot. i would rather see the entire season cancelled and figure out a way to actually stop this nonsense. this is the reason the NFL has become the best league. imagine if green bay had an NBA team...they would probably be offering ME the mid level exception. and i'd turn it down!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

DH and CP3 going to LA after all this would be a disaster beyond anything imaginable in the NBA. How could Stern preside over this after the veto in NO?  If this all were to happen the league truly would be as the Cav's owner has said.

It doesn't mean it can't happen but how would the league explain by saying there was a coup d'etat on Stern. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

[QUOTE]hard to see howard going to the nets if they are really offering nene $70 mil. looks to me like CP3 and howard end up in LA. what a joke. this lockout really accomplished a lot. i would rather see the entire season cancelled and figure out a way to actually stop this nonsense. this is the reason the NFL has become the best league. imagine if green bay had an NBA team...they would probably be offering ME the mid level exception. and i'd turn it down!
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be non-sense if DH and Paul were coming to Boston, wouldn't it?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lakertroll,
    Not after what happened with Paul and NO and the veto of the trade.  Try to be realistic and not so entitled, I know it is hard.  Even with Howard and Paul the Lakers will be lucky to win the West.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robo84. Show Robo84's posts

I like this move but also agree with everyone else.  How may PF can you have (KG, Bass, West, Green).  There must be something else in the works.  They really need a center... but forget about Howard coming here.  He doesn't want to come to Boston, and Orlando probably won't trade him here.
    If they could get a decent center, I think this is would be a solid team - much deeper than last year. Does anyone else miss Perkins?  He would be such a good fit with this team right about now!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE] Does anyone else miss Perkins?  He would be such a good fit with this team right about now!
    Posted by Robo84[/QUOTE]

Not me but you are right, he would be a perfect fit with this current team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]If the Lakers get Paul and DH, so what? Paul has no menicus in his knee and Howard is overrated.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Totally!! I have always believed that Howard is overrated. He lacks lateral movements, worst hook shot on a center and has no jumpshot. He is indeed a very limited player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Howard's biggest upside is that he is a freak of nature, his shot isnt very good, but the fact that he is so much bigger and stronger then anyone on the floor is the reason he is such a hot commodity

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Totally!! I have always believed that Howard is overrated. He lacks lateral movements, worst hook shot on a center and has no jumpsho. He is indeed a very limited player.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

You guys are right,  Howard and Paul are both not worth it, don't know why anyone would try to get them on their team. Why would anyone want the best PG and best Center in the NBA on their team?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

KG to Center?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]Why would anyone want the best PG and best Center in the NBA on their team?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Same reason why Miami got three stars, it helps their chances. Did it work in Miami??? NOPE! Is a team sport man..people forget that...Tyson Chandler was the one that walked away with a championship and it was not because of him, it was a teams effort.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Same reason why Miami got three stars, it helps their chances. Did it work in Miami??? NOPE! Is a team sport man..people forget that...Tyson Chandler was the one that walked away with a championship and it was not because of him, it was a teams effort.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

We might not win with Howard and Paul either but I sure would like to give it a try..  Also I wouldn't count Miami out as far as winning a championship in the  future. I thought we were suppose to try and get as good of players as possible.