C's Very Close to getting David West????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: C's Very Close to getting David West????

In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : It wouldn't be non-sense if DH and Paul were coming to Boston, wouldn't it?
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Sure it would - unless they BOTH signed as free agents.  See, they are NOT free agents, and should have no say in where they go.  They are both still under contract, so they should shut up and play, and let the GM's work it out!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]hard to see howard going to the nets if they are really offering nene $70 mil. looks to me like CP3 and howard end up in LA. what a joke. this lockout really accomplished a lot. i would rather see the entire season cancelled and figure out a way to actually stop this nonsense. this is the reason the NFL has become the best league. imagine if green bay had an NBA team...they would probably be offering ME the mid level exception. and i'd turn it down!
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

Two things:

1. So many emotional fans say "yea, the owners stuck it to those darn spoiled millionaire players!".  Reality, those NBA players held out and kept their free agent flexibility.  They knew that giving up space on the BRI left them room to keep moving as free agents and that was more important to them.  We now understand why the biggest stars kept supporting the holdout and why the agents kept pushing for the holdout.

2. The NFL can't be compared to the NBA because in the NFL, there are 11 offensive, 11 defensive, and maybe 11 or 12 special teams players who all have to play well.  So, a star is one player out of 35 or so players.  One player doesn't make the team.  Brady goes down, the Pats still win 11 games and go to the playoffs.  Colts are the only exception where one man just about made the team.   In the NBA, it only takes 3 players out of the 5 starters to make them championship quality.  So, 1 or 2 stars are worth EVERYTHING to that team.  Thus, the stars in the NBA will ALWAYS dictate success.  In the Bird/Magic era, the Michael era, the Kobe/Shaq or Duncan era, and now the current era - 2 or 3 players have all the power to make or break a team so they can dictate where they go once they've played enough years to earn free agency.

Parity is not likely to EVERY happen in the NBA.  There will always be the "A" level teams and then the "B" level teams and the B level teams won't have a chance!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

you are right, one player in football doesnt have nearly the impact of one player in basketball (although colts fans might argue that). but my point was that in the NFL the best teams are the ones that have the best organizations, from the owner to the head coach/gm down to the trainers. in baseball its who has the most money. in basketball, its become what big market/warm weather destination do the stars want to team up with eachother on?
    the bottom line is basketball could be great again if you had a hard salary cap, revenue sharing and no guaranteed contracts. players would have to play hard every night regardless of the bloated contract they signed, otherwise they're gone. and teams like the knicks wouldnt be constantly manipulating the cap with exceptions and the sort. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Two things: 1. So many emotional fans say "yea, the owners stuck it to those darn spoiled millionaire players!".  Reality, those NBA players held out and kept their free agent flexibility.  They knew that giving up space on the BRI left them room to keep moving as free agents and that was more important to them.  We now understand why the biggest stars kept supporting the holdout and why the agents kept pushing for the holdout. 2. The NFL can't be compared to the NBA because in the NFL, there are 11 offensive, 11 defensive, and maybe 11 or 12 special teams players who all have to play well.  So, a star is one player out of 35 or so players.  One player doesn't make the team.  Brady goes down, the Pats still win 11 games and go to the playoffs.  Colts are the only exception where one man just about made the team.   In the NBA, it only takes 3 players out of the 5 starters to make them championship quality.  So, 1 or 2 stars are worth EVERYTHING to that team.  Thus, the stars in the NBA will ALWAYS dictate success.  In the Bird/Magic era, the Michael era, the Kobe/Shaq or Duncan era, and now the current era - 2 or 3 players have all the power to make or break a team so they can dictate where they go once they've played enough years to earn free agency. Parity is not likely to EVERY happen in the NBA.  There will always be the "A" level teams and then the "B" level teams and the B level teams won't have a chance!!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Heard Green signed a 1 year deal for $9 mill (not $5.9), so I think his number now matches up with West.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Artielang, I see your point.  Sorry I missed it the first time. You are right in many instances.  However, I'd have to admit that in Chicago, LA, and Boston (and maybe in Miami with Riley), the teams with the better players also happen to have Great GMs and have had or have darn good coaches.  The organization in Boston, LA, Miami, San Antonio, and now in Chicago are pretty good.  Of course, NY breaks that mold - weak coach, bad management and ownership, in fighting, sexual harrassment, bad contracts, etc.

However, I'm an old guy (almost 60 yrs old).  In all my years of watching my favorite sport, I remember the league always being this way.  From the Russell years to the Bird/Magic years to the Pistons years to the Kobe/Shaq and then Kobe/Gaso years and the Duncan/Robinson and Duncan/Ginobli/Parker years - the league was never really balanced.   10 teams always dominated and it always seems that Atlanta, Portland, Goldon State, Toronto, Washington, etc were rarely in the running, if ever.   So, I'm still thinking that parity was never there (not even in the good ole days) and never will be. 

The difference is that I don't ever remember the players orchastrating the 3 star teams like they do now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]I like this move but also agree with everyone else.  How may PF can you have (KG, Bass, West, Green).  There must be something else in the works.  They really need a center... but forget about Howard coming here.  He doesn't want to come to Boston, and Orlando probably won't trade him here. If they could get a decent center, I think this is would be a solid team - much deeper than last year. Does anyone else miss Perkins?  He would be such a good fit with this team right about now!
    Posted by Robo84[/QUOTE]

Green`s days as a part-time power forward are behind him.Rumor has it that KG may spend a lot of time at center.This compacted free-agency season is really interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: C's Very Close to getting David West???? : Green`s days as a part-time power forward are behind him.Rumor has it that KG may spend a lot of time at center.This compacted free-agency season is really interesting.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Not rumor ... Fact!

See new post on main page.

Green will play SF at his natural position to be groomed as PP's successor until he fails.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Forget about positions. Put Rondo, Ray, Paul, Kevin, and Jeff on the court at the same time and you've got great defense and steady offense, rest them for 5-7 minutes stretches wow, that is hard to beat.