Cue The Rondo Hate....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Cue The Rondo Hate....

I know it's inevitable - there will be people here calling for Rondo's head. I will admit that he struggled tonight, especially defensively, but he played solid down the stretch and had some wonderful passes when it mattered.

I wonder how many threads calling for Ray's head we will see - probably none. Just goes to show you that people have hate for Rondo, for absolutely no reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Cue The Rondo Hate....

oh its coming..its taking so long bc they are writing a novel on how terrible everything rondo does is. you wont see anything for ray allen's bad game bc..well..idk..biased i guess? i dont really know. Rondo had a terrible game tonite, but 1. we got the win and 2. everyone should be aloud to have a couple bad games a season..even in Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Everyone on every level in every sport has a bad night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I don't hate any Celtic.  They all have bad games.  Rondos is probably his worst.  He was careless with the ball and didn't play defense. He wasn't focused at all. You would think he would have been up for Jennings since Jennings has had big games against us before. Maybe he is fatigued.  That is the reason I have been wanting a backup PG for two years. INSURANCE    It would have been nice to have someone play more of his minutes tonight that could have actually done something offensively or defensively. Delonte and Arroya  will help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Cue The Rondo Hate....:
    I know it's inevitable - there will be people here calling for Rondo's head. I will admit that he struggled tonight, especially defensively, but he played solid down the stretch and had some wonderful passes when it mattered. I wonder how many threads calling for Ray's head we will see - probably none. Just goes to show you that people have hate for Rondo, for absolutely no reason.
    Posted by vertigho

You guys are having a pity party... for absolutely no reason.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

e f f tonight. the playoffs are coming and there's no one i'd rather have at the reins than little 'do.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo is tired after a string of 40 min games

His petty little crowd of haters who pretend to also be Celtic fans are the scum of this board

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Clearly Rondo is playing too many minutes.  Delonte and Arroyo should really help on Wed.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

pierce and Rondo, turned the ball over 12 times between them. Good thing Ray and KG was there to bail them out in the 4th, but that's what great players do!!!  Avery played great defense tonight!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

He's young and tonight he was careless; they kind of go together...his first half was the worst half I've seen him play; he picked it up in the second half except for that gratitous left handed scooop from the right side (that missed)...it's  one thing to play bad like Ray or Paul or KG do from time to time as well, but it's another thing to be seemingly delibarately careless when it's not going well; to the contrary that is when the pros concentrate a little more (when their God-given talents are failing them)...But he's got the respect of his peers, I can see that on the court, and he certainly has my respect as well; one thing I love about Rondo is his desire to win and compete, that's Celtic!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate....:
    Rondo is tired after a string of 40 min games His petty little crowd of haters who pretend to also be Celtic fans are the scum of this board
    Posted by rameakap

Thats what I think is the problem.  He kind of paces himself.  No pushing of the ball tonight, no focus.  He needs a game or two where he plays about 25 minutes and we put someone in that can actually play pro ball.  Avery aint that guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I wish Rondo had a jumper like Nash, Jenings, CPaul, DWill or D Rose,  and he will be unstoppable. I close my eyes when he shoots sometimes. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

From my ignore list I see we had a idiot pop up.  I would bet a dollar to a donut he was ragging on Paul for something.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

pierce and Rondo, turned the ball over 12 times between them. Good thing Ray and KG was there to bail them out in the 4th, but that's what great players do!!!  Avery played great defense tonight!!
    Posted by kyceltic

wow you really have the audacity to try and call out pierce, who is the reason we even won this game..sigh..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Cue The Rondo Hate....:
    I know it's inevitable - there will be people here calling for Rondo's head. I will admit that he struggled tonight, especially defensively, but he played solid down the stretch and had some wonderful passes when it mattered. I wonder how many threads calling for Ray's head we will see - probably none. Just goes to show you that people have hate for Rondo, for absolutely no reason.
    Posted by vertigho

Its not hate.  I think most people here love Rondo. I do. But, we are fair when we look at his weaknesses or his bad games.  Tonight was a game where he was careless with the ball and he was not focused on staying with his man.  Doc commented at halftime....way too much switching and Rondo was the main culprit of not getting back to his man after being run off a pick.  He can do better and we expect him to do better.

If you consider this hate.....then so be it.  I think its just fair commentary and observation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by kyceltic

You're so far off on Pierce.  He carried us for most of the game and Ray was absent until 4th quarter.   PP's 4 turnovers were not careless.  They came from a couple of his mistakes and a couple of good defensive plays.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : You're so far off on Pierce.  He carried us for most of the game and Ray was absent until 4th quarter.   PP's 4 turnovers were not careless.  They came from a couple of his mistakes and a couple of good defensive plays.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Well I see it really was a stupid post.  That dude must be on acid or something. He really has no clue whats going on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

I wish Rondo had a jumper like Nash, Jenings, CPaul, DWill or D Rose,  and he will be unstoppable. I close my eyes when he shoots sometimes. 
    Posted by RickFox17

suns fans wish nash could defend

bucks fans wish jennings shot above 40%

hornets fans wish paul wasn't injury prone

jazz fans wish dwill hadn't stabbed sloan in the back

chicago fans wish rose was jordan

we make do with the pg we've got, and he's pretty damn good

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : suns fans wish nash could defend bucks fans wish jennings shot above 40% hornets fans wish paul wasn't injury prone jazz fans wish dwill hadn't stabbed sloan in the back chicago fans wish rose was jordan we make do with the pg we've got, and he's pretty damn good
    Posted by teh-n00b

Thats the way to look at it. Spot on dude.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Cue The Rondo Hate.... : Its not hate.  I think most people here love Rondo. I do. But, we are fair when we look at his weaknesses or his bad games.  Tonight was a game where he was careless with the ball and he was not focused on staying with his man.  Doc commented at halftime....way too much switching and Rondo was the main culprit of not getting back to his man after being run off a pick.  He can do better and we expect him to do better. If you consider this hate.....then so be it.  I think its just fair commentary and observation.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Exactly, right on. Hopefully RR can take criticism better than some of the posters here. He is also playing too many minutes, so tiredness could be a factor. Hopefully that will change with arroyo and west coming back soon (right, delonte?).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

When Rondo has those spectacular games hes capable of, many posters & the media write about him and throw accolades his way.

Todays article by Washburn about the Celts/Bucks game last night doesnt even mention Rondos name. I'm not sure this guy even watched the game.

Rondo deserves criticism today just as he deserves accolades for all the great games he has. Last night he was horrible. What annoyed me more than just having a poor game was his lack of effort. Ray has had some real bad games as a Celtic... some horrible shooting games... but I cant recall Ray ever not giving it his all. If is missing shots, its not cause hes coming around a screen in a slow jog... its cause hes just not hitting.

Rondo put as little effort into playing defense last night as Ive ever seen. It didnt take more than the slightest pick or first step to blow by the kid. And all Rondo did was watch and hang around..very few times did he hustle back into the play... even when switching off, after losing his man, he floated away from the role guy.

All his defensive lack of effort carried over to his offense  where he was almost as bad.

Look, I love having Rondo on the team, hes a superstar at times and gets players great looks. But Rondo has had too many nights off as far as Im concerned. Too many nights when hes just not trying or just doesnt care to put out the effort. To me, that is trouble because it sends a message to his team he cannot be relied upon. Not good for your PG.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

I  agree  with  Celtsfan4life - " It's  not  hate, it's  fair  commentary."  The  truth  is  Rondo  can  be  a  worldbeater  at  times  and  lately  he  has  been  playing  too  many  minutes.  However, much  of  the  time, his  poor  shooting, atrocious  foul  shooting  and  inability  to  stay  in  front  of  his  opponent  make  him  the  8th  best  point  guard  in  the  league.  Also, Rondo  benefits  greatly  by  playing  with  3  Hall  of  Fame, team  oriented  players.  It  would  be  interesting  to  see  how  he  would  do  on  a  less  talented  team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

I  agree  with  Celtsfan4life - " It's  not  hate, it's  fair  commentary."  The  truth  is  Rondo  can  be  a  worldbeater  at  times  and  lately  he  has  been  playing  too  many  minutes.  However, much  of  the  time, his  poor  shooting, atrocious  foul  shooting  and  inability  to  stay  in  front  of  his  opponent  make  him  the  8th  best  point  guard  in  the  league.  Also, Rondo  benefits  greatly  by  playing  with  3  Hall  of  Fame, team  oriented  players.  It  would  be  interesting  to  see  how  he  would  do  on  a  less  talented  team.
    Posted by zeitgeist49

the truth is Westbrook can eat Rondo's lunch.  That's why Rondo was left off the Olympic team this past summer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

When Rondo has those spectacular games hes capable of, many posters & the media write about him and throw accolades his way. Todays article by Washburn about the Celts/Bucks game last night doesnt even mention Rondos name. I'm not sure this guy even watched the game. Rondo deserves criticism today just as he deserves accolades for all the great games he has. Last night he was horrible. What annoyed me more than just having a poor game was his lack of effort. Ray has had some real bad games as a Celtic... some horrible shooting games... but I cant recall Ray ever not giving it his all. If is missing shots, its not cause hes coming around a screen in a slow jog... its cause hes just not hitting. Rondo put as little effort into playing defense last night as Ive ever seen. It didnt take more than the slightest pick or first step to blow by the kid. And all Rondo did was watch and hang around..very few times did he hustle back into the play... even when switching off, after losing his man, he floated away from the role guy. All his defensive lack of effort carried over to his offense  where he was almost as bad. Look, I love having Rondo on the team, hes a superstar at times and gets players great looks. But Rondo has had too many nights off as far as Im concerned. Too many nights when hes just not trying or just doesnt care to put out the effort. To me, that is trouble because it sends a message to his team he cannot be relied upon. Not good for your PG.
    Posted by Karllost

Considering that Rondo says point blank that he is the best PG in the game and aims to prove it every day, words and deeds are very different.

He surely has to be aware that other young PGs are leapfrogging past him into the ultra-elite PG stratosphere, leaving him like headlights fading in the rearview mirror.

He hasn't been the same since the Team USA fiasco which should have served as a needed reality check on his ego... but maybe didn't.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Posted by kyceltic

Pierce was the  game mvp. Try watching some time.

Sections
Shortcuts