Cue The Rondo Hate....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Cue The Rondo Hate....

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate....:
    Dudder, I'm suprised you even show your face after the way JC destroyed your arguments.
    Posted by jtkl

Jesus Christ has never posted here and I have not shown my face, I have stated my opinions and guess what?  I won't stop, nor should I.  Rondo dropped an astonishing 6 on the Bucks last night while for the Nth straight game he was outplayed by his opposite number.  Kind of like when Rose scores 32 and Rondo answers with 8 or when Brooks has 24 and 9 and Rondo has 8 and when Foye has 32 and Rondo drops an amazing 2 on the Clippers.

As I have said in other posts if Rondo was a Clipper the concensus here would be that Rondo is a joke and conversely if Foye were wearing Green and actually participating in the team's offense (and not being overrated on the defensive end of the floor - please note Rondo has been outscored by the opposing point guard by an average of 26 ppg over the last couple) many of you would be agreeing with me.

It is the psyche of the many that does not allow you to agree with me.  The same people that say "I think WE have a good chance blah blah blah" as if they are part of the team.  The same group that think that somehow a group of guys who could not find Boston on a map prior to coming to Boston (and probably still can't) somehow represent you and your psyche and pride, etc.

If Danny had not thrown away the pick that would have brought Foye on Telfair.  Foye would be the starting point guard and Rondo would be running the second unit and they would have won a lot more games and probably another title.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Losing Rondo to PF  is  not the end of the world assuming that DWest and Arroyo are healthy. Don't kiss #18 goodbye just yet. We can still count on 3 future HOFers and maybe 4. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

are you incinuating that we can win a championship this year without Rajon Rondo?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im just laughing at these pointless discussions from now on, bc i, along with anyone else that watches games knows that come playoff time, Rondo will AGAIN be the best player on the floor at all times. 

what some celtics fans want in Rondo is someone that they can brag about during the entire regular season, something that cavs, jazz, lakers, and nuggets fans could do allll last yr. someone that they could claim "hey, my guy had 40 last nite, hes incredible!" they want glamour, not results. its kinda like a Chargers fan that prefers Rivers to Tom Brady. you can brag about a GREAT game almost every week in the season. this is wat pud, acie, and dudder want in rondo. they simply dont understand that rondo does not need to score all the time with 3 hof'ers playing beside him. now 2 yrs ago wen kg was out and paul was sucking, yet Rondo averaged a triple double in the first round vs a young d.rose and the bulls, there were no negative discussions. what can you say?

the majority of us want wat rondo brings. wins. and this is something that they cant argue with. regardless of his ft%, lack of shooting, "careless d and complete lack of effort", rondo is a winner. you normally see posts about someones performance wen a team loses, thats wen youll occassionally see a bad ray or bad paul post. but EVERYTIME rondo has a bad game, you will see posts trying to explain why he is terrible. this makes rondo supporters wanna make posts to back him, KNOWING wat is about to transpire. 

dont kid urself into thinking that if this kid goes down, we will still have a chance. bc we wont. i KNOW everyone is high on Delonte West, and some even on Carlos Arroyo, but lets be clear: IF RONDO GOES DOWN AT ANY PT IN THESE PLAYOFFS, WE WILL NOT WIN A TITLE. so wen we are in the postseason, and Rondo is at it again, id like to have a conversation with pud,acie, and especially dudder. ill ask how the 'top' pg in the league are doing, and compare them to what rondo is doing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : are you incinuating that we can win a championship this year without Rajon Rondo?
    Posted by JamezHill24

Jamez.... My words  could not be simpler. Read them aloud and then consider what you heard yourself say.

I may be right. I may be wrong... but that's what I believe.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

btw, dudder, where is that fantasy league ranking link you were posting as proof of Rondo's mediocrity? The one that ranked Antwain Jamison above KG and Darko Milicic above Shaq?
    Posted by jtkl

As in fantasy league rankings where the best players are ranked for what they actually do well like shoot, shoot 3s, shoot freebies, make assists, etc.  - you mean the actual things that players are measured for?  So Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Payton Manning should be ignored for fantasy purposes so that Tony Romo can be made to look good for some sort subjective laundry reason.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG

Here is the link that shows Rondo is, contrary to popular belief, not the best rebounding point guard in the league.

Not the best shooting point guard in the league - there cannot be anyone point guard in the league whose shooting percentage is propped up by the fact that he ignores his responsibilites to take shots more than 2 feet away from the rim.

The worst free throw shooting point guard in the league.

Nowhere near the top of the league in scoring point guards - of course on this board that is an oxymoron - if a guy can score he cannot be a point guard - or in reality - he can be a really good one.

Of the top 15 or so point guards in assists, none, ZERO score fewer points than assists they hand out.  Additionally, none of those point guards who score a lot more and don't necessarily have a ton fewer assists also don't have 4 hall of famers to pass the ball to.

So when you add it all up - you get a point guard who can't shoot, won't shoot, is ignored by most in the half court offense, can't make free throws at even what an objective observer would call a reasonable rate, who is routinely outscored by his opposite number, a point guard who is not nearly the rebounder Tommy Heinsohn aka Fred Flintstone (fat blowhard that has nothing to say but says it anyway), a point guard who leads the league in assists by 1 - one - one - one assist.

What people on this board would like for you to believe, and as we know - if you say it enough it is true......  Rondo averages about 25 assists per game and the rest of the league averages about 3 or 4.......  Rondo averages 16 boards per game whereas the rest of the point guards average 2 or 3......

The reality of the situation is that Rondo is near the top of the league of in a few categories and the absolute worst in the league at some of what I would consider some of the most important.  He creates incredible pressure on his own offense but then is lauded for running said offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Karl, I don't disagree with you either.  I just don't know what was responsible for his off game last night.  He was awful but I feel he is entitled to a bad game. Dudder and Pud, To question my comment that his body of work speaks for itself really means we can't have a discussion. Rondo has been spectacular in so many games the last two and half years I can't take the time to lay it out for you. I get it, you say he can't score and you think it is a real liability.  There is so much more there with Rondo you just can't see it.  I feel sorry for you, rest assured he is the best point guard for this team.  The Lakers, the Heat, and the Magic would kill to have this guy.  We have him and with it we have an advantage that should lead to a title.
    Posted by concord27

If his body of work speaks for itself, then let it. You don't have to help things along with all this back and forth.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : Jamez.... My words  could not be simpler. Read them aloud and then consider what you heard yourself say. I may be right. I may be wrong... but that's what I believe. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

i mean, i guess ur rite wen it comes down to it..we dont have a 0% chance of winning. we just have as much a chance of winning as miami would without 
    lebron. and no im not saying Rondo and Bron are the same player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : As in fantasy league rankings where the best players are ranked for what they actually do well like shoot, shoot 3s, shoot freebies, make assists, etc.  - you mean the actual things that players are measured for?  So Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Payton Manning should be ignored for fantasy purposes so that Tony Romo can be made to look good for some sort subjective laundry reason..... http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG Here is the link that shows Rondo is, contrary to popular belief, not the best rebounding point guard in the league. Not the best shooting point guard in the league - there cannot be anyone point guard in the league whose shooting percentage is propped up by the fact that he ignores his responsibilites to take shots more than 2 feet away from the rim. The worst free throw shooting point guard in the league. Nowhere near the top of the league in scoring point guards - of course on this board that is an oxymoron - if a guy can score he cannot be a point guard - or in reality - he can be a really good one. Of the top 15 or so point guards in assists, none, ZERO score fewer points than assists they hand out.  Additionally, none of those point guards who score a lot more and don't necessarily have a ton fewer assists also don't have 4 hall of famers to pass the ball to. So when you add it all up - you get a point guard who can't shoot, won't shoot, is ignored by most in the half court offense, can't make free throws at even what an objective observer would call a reasonable rate, who is routinely outscored by his opposite number, a point guard who is not nearly the rebounder Tommy Heinsohn aka Fred Flintstone (fat blowhard that has nothing to say but says it anyway), a point guard who leads the league in assists by 1 - one - one - one assist. What people on this board would like for you to believe, and as we know - if you say it enough it is true......  Rondo averages about 25 assists per game and the rest of the league averages about 3 or 4.......  Rondo averages 16 boards per game whereas the rest of the point guards average 2 or 3...... The reality of the situation is that Rondo is near the top of the league of in a few categories and the absolute worst in the league at some of what I would consider some of the most important.  He creates incredible pressure on his own offense but then is lauded for running said offense.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

OMG! You are posting the link again that shows Darko Milicic and Kwame Brown are better than Shaq and has Antwain Jamison rated above KG. That's some source you have there. LOL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : i mean, i guess ur rite wen it comes down to it..we dont have a 0% chance of winning. we just have as much a chance of winning as miami would without  lebron. and no im not saying Rondo and Bron are the same player.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I the Cs play the following teams in the playoffs there will be almost no time at all when Rondo is the best player on the floor - the Heat, the Bulls, the Knicks, perhaps the Hawks, and even the Celtics.

If he is not even the best player on his team how can he be the best player on the floor when the other teams have better players on their team that are better than the best on your team?

Pierce, KG, and Allen are better players than Rondo.  Rose, LeBron, Wade, Amare, 'melo, etc. are all better than Rondo.

Last time the Cs played the Bulls, Rose embarrassed Rondo off the floor and the Bulls won easily.

Please an objectivity pill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : i mean, i guess ur rite wen it comes down to it..we dont have a 0% chance of winning. we just have as much a chance of winning as miami would without  lebron. and no im not saying Rondo and Bron are the same player.
    Posted by JamezHill24

This is what I posted. Read it again and think about it. Good luck, fella.

Pud

"Losing Rondo to PF  is  not the end of the world assuming that DWest and Arroyo are healthy.

Don't kiss #18 goodbye just yet. We can still count on 3 future HOFers and maybe 4."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : As in fantasy league rankings where the best players are ranked for what they actually do well like shoot, shoot 3s, shoot freebies, make assists, etc.  - you mean the actual things that players are measured for?  So Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Payton Manning should be ignored for fantasy purposes so that Tony Romo can be made to look good for some sort subjective laundry reason..... http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG Here is the link that shows Rondo is, contrary to popular belief, not the best rebounding point guard in the league. Not the best shooting point guard in the league - there cannot be anyone point guard in the league whose shooting percentage is propped up by the fact that he ignores his responsibilites to take shots more than 2 feet away from the rim. The worst free throw shooting point guard in the league. Nowhere near the top of the league in scoring point guards - of course on this board that is an oxymoron - if a guy can score he cannot be a point guard - or in reality - he can be a really good one. Of the top 15 or so point guards in assists, none, ZERO score fewer points than assists they hand out.  Additionally, none of those point guards who score a lot more and don't necessarily have a ton fewer assists also don't have 4 hall of famers to pass the ball to. So when you add it all up - you get a point guard who can't shoot, won't shoot, is ignored by most in the half court offense, can't make free throws at even what an objective observer would call a reasonable rate, who is routinely outscored by his opposite number, a point guard who is not nearly the rebounder Tommy Heinsohn aka Fred Flintstone (fat blowhard that has nothing to say but says it anyway), a point guard who leads the league in assists by 1 - one - one - one assist. What people on this board would like for you to believe, and as we know - if you say it enough it is true......  Rondo averages about 25 assists per game and the rest of the league averages about 3 or 4.......  Rondo averages 16 boards per game whereas the rest of the point guards average 2 or 3...... The reality of the situation is that Rondo is near the top of the league of in a few categories and the absolute worst in the league at some of what I would consider some of the most important.  He creates incredible pressure on his own offense but then is lauded for running said offense.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Yeah, those other posters are right and you are wrong. Idiotically so, truth be told. We have a guard shooting 50% from the field leading the league in assists an All NBA defensive Team selection and someone who averaged  nearly a triple double in the playoffs without KG a few years ago. Rondo is a terrific talent. Who abused Mo Williams and Jameer Nelson in the playoffs last year and the Lakers put one of the best Defensive Players in the league -- Kobe Bryant on him to slow him down. Kobe did so, because his game is not complete. To say it is not complete, is a fair cretinism to act like he is mediocre by posting fantasy league rankings it laughable.

Rondo reigns in his game because, Paul needs his shots and Allen needs his shots, and KG needs his shot and we are shooting as a team 50% from the field thanks to our floor general.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Cue The Rondo Hate.... : I the Cs play the following teams in the playoffs there will be almost no time at all when Rondo is the best player on the floor - the Heat, the Bulls, the Knicks, perhaps the Hawks, and even the Celtics. If he is not even the best player on his team how can he be the best player on the floor when the other teams have better players on their team that are better than the best on your team? Pierce, KG, and Allen are better players than Rondo.  Rose, LeBron, Wade, Amare, 'melo, etc. are all better than Rondo. Last time the Cs played the Bulls, Rose embarrassed Rondo off the floor and the Bulls won easily. Please an objectivity pill.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Michale Westbrook is never the best player on the floor either, Kevin Durant is. Kobe is, Ginobili is etc... So what? Rondo will be the best pg if we play the knicks, the heat, the pacers, the magic, the hawks... only Chicago will be able to put a better pg on the floor and not by much. btw, the heat will put a better sg and sf on the floor than us.  That doesn't make Paul pierce and Ray Allen any less great.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Great post Jamez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

btw, it's not that the DUdder will find an argument against what you wrote -- he won't. What he will do is ignore every point and without addressing one of them, re state what he keeps posting over and over again,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have had discussions with Pud for months on this topic.  He has never acknowledged the star role Rondo played in the playoffs last year.  He is getting more upset now than he was then.  I don't know what is going on with Dudder and Pud on the subject of Rondo, but they are both smart and knowledgeable on the Celtics except when talking about Rondo.

I hope they will be happy when we win a second title with Rondo.  And I am sure they will still be on Rondo no matter what he does.  Especially when it comes to his shooting.  There really is nothing more to say on the topic of Rondo other than I am glad we have a very talented point guard designed perfectly for the personnel the roster provides.

Ask Nenad Krystic what he thinks about Rondo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I have had discussions with Pud for months on this topic.  He has never acknowledged the star role Rondo played in the playoffs last year.  He is getting more upset now than he was then.  I don't know what is going on with Dudder and Pud on the subject of Rondo, but they are both smart and knowledgeable on the Celtics except when talking about Rondo. I hope they will be happy when we win a second title with Rondo.  And I am sure they will still be on Rondo no matter what he does.  Especially when it comes to his shooting.  There really is nothing more to say on the topic of Rondo other than I am glad we have a very talented point guard designed perfectly for the personnel the roster provides. Ask Nenad Krystic what he thinks about Rondo.
    Posted by concord27

Ask Krystick what he thinks about all the C's.  He has been passed the ball by everyone.

Sections
Shortcuts