Current bench players vs. '08/'10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Current bench players vs. '08/'10

How do we stack up?

Center - PJ, Sheed, Kristic/Shaq

#1 - '08
    #2 - '10
    #3 - '11

Shaq is the wild card, the difference between possibly first... or being dead last... all we need is 14 mins, 6 points, 4 reb's and a block. JON in 3 games was the equal of Perk in 3 playoff runs.

Power Forward
    - Powe (w/ some Baby), Baby, and now Baby (w/ some Jeff Green)

#1 - '10
    #2 - '11
    #3 - '08

Powe won game 2 for us vs. LA in '08. Baby won game 3 vs. the Magic and 4 vs. LA last year. He was a monster when KG was suspended game 2 vs. Heat. has to do that again 1-2x.

Small Forward - Posey, Tony Allen, Jeff Green

#1 - '08
    #2 - '10
    #3 - '11

Shooting Guard -
    (same as above, 9 man rotation)

#1 - '08
    #2 - '10
    #3 - '11

Point guard - Cassell/House, Nate, DWest

#1 - '11
    #2 - '08
    #3 - '10

This assumes Delonte has at least 1 game saving performance and a couple big plays. House saved game 4 of the finals and had a huge steal in game 7 of the semi's. Nate was a monster in game 6 vs. the Magic and game 4 vs. LA.

I am crossing my fingers for DWest.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Current bench players vs. '08/'10

The current bench definitely isn't  playing great so I would say that the 08 bench was better.  We have to hope they will improve going forward.    When you look at the comparison of players they should be better than the 08 bench.  Although, I don't believe that anyone could be a better bench player than the 08 Posey.    He is one of my favorite Celtics players of the last decade and he was one of the reasons that we won in 08.   Maybe one of the bench players will contribute during the playoffs like he did.   I am still waiting for this to happen.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Current bench players vs. '08/'10:
    The current bench definitely isn't  playing great so I would say that the 08 bench was better.  We have to hope they will improve going forward.    When you look at the comparison of players they should be better than the 08 bench.  Although, I don't believe that anyone could be a better bench player than the 08 Posey.    He is one of my favorite Celtics players of the last decade and he was one of the reasons that we won in 08.   Maybe one of the bench players will contribute during the playoffs like he did.   I am still waiting for this to happen.  
    Posted by susan250

True, I agree and loved me some Posey

Green's real tests are obviously yet to come, some great D on LBJ and a couple 10+ point games will be needed to beat the Heat

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Im leaning 08, but i'm going to have to find some footage of James Posey.  Im not sure I totally buy in to the Posey hype.  I need to review some stats.....

What I remember most from that championship year is PJ Brown's jumper that sealed the deal in one of those games, Powe exploding in game 2 and House going crazy in game 5 and/or 6.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Im leaning 08, but i'm going to have to find some footage of James Posey.  Im not sure I totally buy in to the Posey hype.  I need to review some stats..... What I remember most from that championship year is PJ Brown's jumper that sealed the deal in one of those games, Powe exploding in game 2 and House going crazy in game 5 and/or 6.
    Posted by jdm894g

Posey went even more nuts in the comeback over LA in game 5... like 18 points.

His defense on LeBron and Kobe helped win those series.

He was smothering D, a clutch 3 (40%) a steal and 8-9 points, 3-4 reb's per game those playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Current bench players vs. '08/'10 : Posey went even more nuts in the comeback over LA in game 5... like 18 points. His defense on LeBron and Kobe helped win those series. He was smothering D, a clutch 3 (40%) a steal and 8-9 points, 3-4 reb's per game those playoffs
    Posted by rameakap

Agree again about Posey.  I am just surprised that their haven't been many other comments  from Celtics fans about our championship year and the play our bench during the playoffs.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Definitely 08.  So far the bench has basically been awful in the playoffs.  Talent wise this year could be the best of the bunch, but they've yet to show much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Current bench players vs. '08/'10 : Agree again about Posey.  I am just surprised that their haven't been many other comments  from Celtics fans about our championship year and the play our bench during the playoffs.  
    Posted by susan250

Exactly.

We had two great clubs last 3 years, a title winner and another that was robbed of one.

Those years we had the following bench players score dub fig's and/or have massive efforts to help us win these close games:

Sam Cassell gm 1 vs. Cleve - 13p, 2-4 on 3's, big balls dance
    P.J. brown gm 7 vs. Cleve - 10p, 6r, game clinching J
    Eddie House gm 7 vs. Cleve - huge steal, bucket, timeout
    James Posey gm 3 vs. Det - 12p, 4r, got homecourt back
    Leon Powe gm 2 vs. LA - 21 points in a 6 point win
    Posey/House gm 4 vs. LA - 50 mins, 29 points keyed huge comeback
    Entire bench gm 6 vs LA - 39 points in humiliating 39 point title clincher

Rasheed gm 2 and 6 vs. Cleve - combined 30 points buried Cavs
    Tony Allen gm 4 vs. Cleve - 15p, 5r, great D on LBJ
    Rasheed gm 1 and 3 vs. Magic - combined 26 pts, great D on Howard
    Baby gm 3 and 6 vs. Magic - combined 23 pts, 13 reb's
    Baby/Sheed gm 2 vs. LA - combined 15p/14r
    Nate gm 6 vs. Magic - picked up injured RR w/ 13 pts
    Shrek and donkey - game 4 vs. LA, combined for 30

10-12 really great perfomances from the bench in each of those 2 runs.

Green has to have 7-8 'normal' Posey games in him w/ 2-3 of those 12-15 point games that carry a team through a rough stretch.

DWest has to have a couple Cassell/House games where he buries a couple 3's and gets 8-13 points.

Baby needs to be '09-'10 Baby, despite probable nagging injuries, gotta bring that energy and some 8 pt 6r games.

Shaq needs to return and give a couple 10 point games like Sheed/PJ did.

Then there is that Powe wildcard guy... will someone get in fould trouble and we see Wafer, Kristic or Murph off the deep bench and ON FIRE?

There has to be a wildcard out of nowhere guy

Sections
Shortcuts