CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU!

clearly was a lousy game for the capo.. but he was listless and drained from the flu.. u try throwing up all the day and getting the shitts and c how quickly u rebound... literally! under normal circumstances, he would drive to the hoop to get his shot bak. today, he did not have the energy or the lift. he was just a jump shooter with no rhythm or lift. sure he hasnt been practicing either. is what it is.. just glad he is grinding it out and showing his usual grit. with doc coaching the all-stars, hopefully his minutes will be limited. second half we should be unstopppable!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU!

he did the other little things well. if we lost some fans would have blamed it on pierce. but everyone has a game when this happens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

OK.  I can buy that.  However, his stats have all dropped BEFORE the flu.  For the month of Feb, he's been way off.  Shooting 42% rather than 54% (and that 42% was NOT including today), off a full half a rebound, also.   

Don't get me wrong - Paul will be fine.  Its just a tough stretch for him.  He'll have a good game right after the allstar game after a physical and mental break and that will launch him, again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

He did everything well other than shooting.  He has been in a slump lately but as usually he will deliver.  Even shooting that lousy he has the other teams attention. Lebron didn't leave him all day.  That keeps him from getting the ball with steals and getting in the open court.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

No wonder kyceltic thought you and I are the same person.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Got the flu you say????  Then he should have sat out and let Wafer, who clearly had more energy and offense get out there and produce some more.  Got the flu you say.  Then sit he should sit his a s s at home this all star break!!!!  Im glad we won, but going 0-10 can't happen again!!!!  If you sick, then stay at home!!!  Dont get the other team members sick!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Haven't we all been posting about the C's needing a backup SF for PP.  Cut him some slack.  C's win as a team and lose as a team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um we beat the Heat with our entire bench in suits and PP scoring 1 pt.

I'll take it, keep my mouth shut and be happy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU!:
    [QUOTE]Got the flu you say????  Then he should have sat out and let Wafer, who clearly had more energy and offense get out there and produce some more.  Got the flu you say.  Then sit he should sit his a s s at home this all star break!!!!  Im glad we won, but going 0-10 can't happen again!!!!  If you sick, then stay at home!!!  Dont get the other team members sick!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

If Pierce didn't play who would back up Wafer?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I hope he never gets pneumonia!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : HAHAHA!!! If Pierce didn't play who would back up Wafer?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Hahahaha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Um we beat the Heat with our entire bench in suits and PP scoring 1 pt. I'll take it, keep my mouth shut and be happy.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Does that say more about us or about the Heat.  I think the Heat are way over rated.   They truly KILL good teams, but against good ones, they struggle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : Does that say more about us or about the Heat.  I think the Heat are way over rated.   They truly KILL good teams, but against good ones, they struggle.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

It says more about the Heat. The Lakers would have beaten us by 30 today!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : Does that say more about us or about the Heat.  I think the Heat are way over rated.   They truly KILL good teams, but against good ones, they struggle.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the typo, I meant truly bad teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I disagree with both of you.  The Heat are a very good team.  The Lakers would not have beaten us by 30 today.
    Celt's play up to the competition.  If we get healthy and at close to full strength, our experience gives us an advantage.  The core of this team is playing it's 4th year together.  In the team sport basketball is, this plays out to our favor.
    When Lakers don't  play well, Kobe takes over.
    The Heat have 3 great players, but they have not played long enough to go unconscious with each other.
    I think we still have the edge

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Got the flu you say????  Then he should have sat out and let Wafer, who clearly had more energy and offense get out there and produce some more.  Got the flu you say.  Then sit he should sit his a s s at home this all star break!!!!  Im glad we won, but going 0-10 can't happen again!!!!  If you sick, then stay at home!!!  Dont get the other team members sick!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Just because a poster said he was sick doesn't mean he was sick.  Shooting slumps happen to everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : HAHAHA!!! If Pierce didn't play who would back up Wafer?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

If Wafer played instead of PP we would have lost period IMO.  Wafer is looking good though. Still can't believe a double dribble though.  Haven't seen that too many times.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! :  It says more about the Heat. The Lakers would have beaten us by 30 today!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]AGREED! kobe and phil would have exploited pp at every instance! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]No wonder kyceltic thought you and I are the same person.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]????????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

What a game.  We nearly collapsed in the 4th quarter.  Our offense was horrible down the stretch -- 11 points in the whole quarter.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to "cut PP some slack".  Nobody knows how he feels.  I see communist suggesting PP had vomit all day and had bowel issues.  First off, HOW DO YOU KNOW?  If you tape up your ankles and get on the court, NO EXCUSES.

We've all seen the great ones having "memorable" games in spite of having illnesses while that's all the announcers "harped" on all game.  If you want to be considered one of the truly "great" ones, suck it up and play the game.  Well, I for one, believe that, flu or no flu, PP stunk and needs to get his game back on track for us to be successful.

Flu or no flu, shooting 0 - 10 is unacceptable.  PP should get double figures scoring by lacing up his shoes.  I don't care how he feels -- he's on the court, NO EXCUSES.

Great win, let's get to NJ and get another one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]if wafer is the answer, i want a new question or WAFER! fact is guys like wafe are great in small doses. remember trevor ariza or eddie house, same deal.... more you play them, more you c y they have been borderline journeymen! give me a 60 percent pp anyday.. he is technically not sick anymore.. recovering from the flu is tough.. he has to get his legs, rhythm, and energy levels back up..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]What a game.  We nearly collapsed in the 4th quarter.  Our offense was horrible down the stretch -- 11 points in the whole quarter. I'm sorry but I'm not going to " cut PP some slack ".  Nobody knows how he feels.  I see communist suggesting PP had vomit all day and had bowel issues.  First off, HOW DO YOU KNOW?  If you tape up your ankles and get on the court, NO EXCUSES. We've all seen the great ones having "memorable" games in spite of having illnesses while that's all the announcers "harped" on all game.  If you want to be considered one of the truly "great" ones, suck it up and play the game.  Well, I for one, believe that, flu or no flu, PP stunk and needs to get his game back on track for us to be successful. Flu or no flu, shooting 0 - 10 is unacceptable.  PP should get double figures scoring by lacing up his shoes.  I don't care how he feels -- he's on the court, NO EXCUSES. Great win, let's get to NJ and get another one.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

He stunk shooting, That is it.  He played fine everywhere else.  Slumps happen to EVERYONE including PP.  I believe he laced them up and gave it his all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]What a game.  We nearly collapsed in the 4th quarter.  Our offense was horrible down the stretch -- 11 points in the whole quarter. I'm sorry but I'm not going to " cut PP some slack ".  Nobody knows how he feels.  I see communist suggesting PP had vomit all day and had bowel issues.  First off, HOW DO YOU KNOW?  If you tape up your ankles and get on the court, NO EXCUSES. We've all seen the great ones having "memorable" games in spite of having illnesses while that's all the announcers "harped" on all game.  If you want to be considered one of the truly "great" ones, suck it up and play the game.  Well, I for one, believe that, flu or no flu, PP stunk and needs to get his game back on track for us to be successful. Flu or no flu, shooting 0 - 10 is unacceptable.  PP should get double figures scoring by lacing up his shoes.  I don't care how he feels -- he's on the court, NO EXCUSES. Great win, let's get to NJ and get another one.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    yep pp will blow up on jersey.. i did not say he had the flu today.. do u guys read? he had the flu prior to the laker game and has been missing and sitting out practices. he stayed home a couple of times. my point is recovering from the flu is tough. not making excuses but come on.. chasing down lebron in itself requires a guy to be 100 percent. to do that and get your legs into jumpers against lebron also or to blow past him on drives is not easy work folks... pp is in a funk and he is not himself physically, thats all. nothing having to play jersey with a bit more rest cant cure!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CUT PP SOME SLACK, HAD THE FLU! : Just because a poster said he was sick doesn't mean he was sick.  Shooting slumps happen to everyone.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]did you watch the game or listen on the radio? they mentioned it like 10 times. he is drained and hasnrt been practicing because of it, happened before the laker game!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

PP and the rest of the team had 2 days off after the FAKERS game.  None of them should be tired.  I never said start Wafer over Pierce.  Wafer should have gotten more minutes since he had energy and was producing!!!  I though Pierce settled for the jumper over driving.  

Petey, I havent really agreed with a lot you have said recently, but on this one you are dead on!!!  Heck, Jordan played with the flu in the playoffs and went off on I believe UTAH.  Bret Farve played the next day after his dad died....I know what it's like to have the flu or cold and not have energy, but with two days off to get rejuvenated I expected more.

Sections
Shortcuts