D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA

I dont agree with coming down on SVG ... especially like Barkley & Shaq are doing.

First off, it wasnt SVG who broke this story.. he was questioned by a reporter who already had knowledge. IT was already out there.  Perhaps he should have given the company line..but I like what he did. IF reporters know it, just a matter of time til everyone does..so whats to hide? He was pissed and prob sick of defending that prima dona DH, whose as fake as fake can be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA:
    DH can't handle the high expectations of the NBA's most storied franchise as well as trying to follow the three-peat Shaq was an integral part of. DH for that reason alone will never be as successful. I would have Bynumite any day over that lying clown and apart from the great and irrepressible Jermaine O'NEAL, who is better?
    Posted by Elven 32

this article had nothing to do with Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA : I was thinking the same thing. Remember he also didn't want to come to Boston. Dwight is a Diva.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

Dwight talks about being "the man" and win a championship, but he really wants to be the second fiddle, just doesn't want to admit it.  If he wanted to be the guy he would just stay put. He doesn't have the game to lead a team, just help.  You have to have some offensive game to be the true superstar.  He is kind of like Rondo.  A great guy to have on the team and  puts up some monster stats in their respective area but doesn't have the offensive game to really be that 'superstar" that can be the man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Interesting article.   Who knows that will happen next season?  If Orlando doesn't improve next season, Dwight will probably finally leave and we will be having the same talks about Dwight next year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I dont agree with coming down on SVG ... especially like Barkley & Shaq are doing. First off, it wasnt SVG who broke this story.. he was questioned by a reporter who already had knowledge. IT was already out there.  Perhaps he should have given the company line..but I like what he did. IF reporters know it, just a matter of time til everyone does..so whats to hide? He was pissed and prob sick of defending that prima dona DH, whose as fake as fake can be.
    Posted by Karllost

EXACTLY - I wrote something similar, too.  The ex-players still defend the players - nonsense.  Kudos to SVG for choosing not to be part of the circus!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

same pathetic laker trolls who predicted Howard to LA 2 months ago and posted in upper-case letters with tons of this !!!!!!!!!!!!! are now saying they woudl rather have thug bynum and his m.o. as an injury risk front runner that doesn't appear to be going away

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics are the 4th best team in the East, with the two best being title contenders and the C's have little chance of getting out of rd 2

The Lakers and Clippers are basically tied for 3rd/4th best teams in the West, with the two best being title contenders and LA has little chance of getting out of rd 2

yawn

they are basically the same old teams with no shot, too bad the Celtics dont have a halfway decent 7 footer or they'd be a scary club. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

snakeoil123 I know Bynum has to grow up and lately his behavior hasn't been the best but Dwight Howard's attitude is worse. He's become a cancer. Great talent but he's brought this Magic team down all by him self. Stan Van Gundy is not a bad coach in my opinion. Loved Stan' honesty in that interview. Funny when he said to the reporters something like "You are finished with me? So ask Dwight now. Dwight didn't know what was going on. LOL!!!
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

Bynum will also become a bad growth for his team. He ended last year on a horrible note, ripping JJ to the ground and removing his jersey as he got kicked out. His attitude is pretty much unchanged this year and it will continue to be his downfall. Just shut up and play basketball. He can't do it.

As for Howard, he did bring on this on by himself. And the funny this is, he is not even that good. He is only decent by default because of his size and there are not many left in the league that have his size. But if there were, he would hardly get noticed. He also needs to shut up and become a better teammate. He is no finisher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Celtics are the 4th best team in the East, with the two best being title contenders and the C's have little chance of getting out of rd 2 The Lakers and Clippers are basically tied for 3rd/4th best teams in the West, with the two best being title contenders and LA has little chance of getting out of rd 2 yawn they are basically the same old teams with no shot, too bad the Celtics dont have a halfway decent 7 footer or they'd be a scary club. 
    Posted by rameakap

Definitely agree with you about the Celtics having a decent/good center.  If only Jermaine was never signed and Danny had signed someone else who could have been healthy and contributed for the last two seasons, instead of always being injured.  Jermaine was once a very good player, but not in the time that he has spent with the Celtics.  Although, we also had bad luck with Wilcox who was a great addition this season and unfortunately because of his heart condition is also lost for the remainder of the season.  Steimsma has playing decently, but we are still very limited at the center position.  KG is doing ok at center, but it really isn't his natural position. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: D Howard did all he could to avoid trade to LA : Definitely agree with you about the Celtics having a decent/good center.  If only Jermaine was never signed and Danny had signed someone else who could have been healthy and contributed for the last two seasons, instead of always being injured.  Jermaine was once a very good player, but not in the time that he has spent with the Celtics.  Although, we also had bad luck with Wilcox who was a great addition this season and unfortunately because of his heart condition is also lost for the remainder of the season.  Steimsma has playing decently, but we are still very limited at the center position.  KG is doing ok at center, but it really isn't his natural position. 
    Posted by susan250

Imagine the reversal of fortune had that JON for David West swap gone through?

The Pacers would be worse, not much worse, but they wouldn't be 1 game ahead of us for the 3 seed, and we'd have 4-5 more wins at least I'd assume. We all wondered if KG was a fit at center back when that move was in limbo, and clearly he is, so even just a 50-50 split of mins between West/Bass at PF and C's would be pretty scary.

ah well

I agree KG isn't a natural center, and can't help but think Danny should have at least gambled with one of his 1st rd picks to get Kaman here by the deadline.

But it is looking like the C's will go down fighting in rd 2 this year, better than last years exit, which everyone assumed was the final run. Bass and Avery are better than Baby and DWest, KG and Rondo are healthier, Steamer and (hopefully) Pietrus are a wash w/ JO and Green and then overall the team has much better chemistry and attitude, last years club was just mentally out of it after the Perk trade. This years is built to win more, even if our frontcourt is might weak.

The Avery move is great, last year Doc would never have let West shadow Wade and bring Allen off the bench to attack the likes of Jones and Miller, even when many of us saw that as a solid move.... this year we are doing just that and Avery's defense is even better than Delonte's, although he is just as good on 1's and 2's as Tony Allen is on 2's and 3's... Danny should have never let Tony leave.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Surprised the topic took this long to make onto a thread. I expected some around here to jump all over it. Bynum or Howard - either way there's drama. But I'm thankful we ended up with Drew.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Flobus, I wanted Howard in a Lakers uniform, but after watching how much of a "flake" he is, I'm also glad we still have 'Drew. Bynum may still be maturing, but I think he's more mature than Dwight Howard. And after watching Bynum, I really think he's a player to bulid a team around.

D-Howard may regret his decision to avoid the Lakers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Bynumite all day and any day unless of course it's JON on the flip side, after all he's considered a HOFer in Boston.

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

Bynumite all day and any day unless of course it's JON on the flip side, after all he's considered a HOFer in Boston.
    Posted by Elven 32

bynumite is the best, unless he is getting booted from a game, getting injured, falling asleep in the huddle, cheapshotting dallas point guards on the way to the rim or parking in handicap spots. outside of that, love me some bynumite! boom!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

I should have mentioned steimy as well, some boston posters here believe they have a center.....in steimy we trust. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Wow! The Laker fans must be estatic that Jimmy Buss kept Bynum especially after last night. He is an absolute monster down low with a much better offensive game than Dwight. Unfortunately for me, I love the Celtcs but it looks as if the Lakers might be getting banner #17 this year.

Go Green!!  GO CELTICS!!

Sections
Shortcuts