D-ROSE = IVERSON?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

D-ROSE = IVERSON?

sorry d-rose lovers but more and more this kid looks like he's going to have the career of iverson with all the injuries and his very limited skillset. yep, he'll be on espn a lot and is a tough penetrating and finishing little man... but his defense is abysmal and simply does not make those around him better. i can see chicago making a trade in the next of years for a big haul. they really are a better team minus rose. they play better, better defense and so forth. the way they came back and closed miami was phenonemal. d-rose had a very bad academic record in high scholl and there were reports someone did his homework in college. This comes back to his lack of basketball IQ and inability to make adjustments and situationally adapt just as it was for iverson!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: D-ROSE = IVERSON?

There's little if any correspondence between academic intelligence and athletic intelligence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

1. This is a little early! How old is Rose? He already improved his game a lot since his rookie season anyway.

2. I'am not a big Iverson fan but he let a bunch of scrubs into the finals (ok, east was weak but anyway). That is quite an achievement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: D-ROSE = IVERSON?:
    [QUOTE]1. This is a little early! How old is Rose? He already improved his game a lot since his rookie season anyway. 2. I'am not a big Iverson fan but he let a bunch of scrubs into the finals (ok, east was weak but anyway). That is quite an achievement.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]so did iverson.. heck, he took his team all the way to the FINALS versus the lakes.. remember that? point is neither will last that long at that elite level.. rose is trending down. his team is already better off WITHOUT him as phillly increasingly became without him. have you seen d-rose's shooting averages? he's really a poor shooter, lousy with the 3-ball and is a "volume" guy, meaning he's a ball hog and needs to dominate the ball and the shots to have any relevance. he's a shoot first second and third point-guard. most teams incl bulls are far better when the rock is passed around and touched by many per possession.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Another moronic poll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D-ROSE = IVERSON? : so did iverson.. heck, he took his team all the way to the FINALS versus the lakes.. remember that? point is neither will last that long at that elite level.. rose is trending down. his team is already better off WITHOUT him as phillly increasingly became without him. have you seen d-rose's shooting averages? he's really a poor shooter, lousy with the 3-ball and is a "volume" guy, meaning he's a ball hog and needs to dominate the ball and the shots to have any relevance. he's a shoot first second and third point-guard. most teams incl bulls are far better when the rock is passed around and touched by many per possession.  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Ok, there was a misunderstanding. I meant: Iverson led his team to the finals. So he wasn't as bad as most people made him.
    Rose never led his team to the finals yet, but is still young.

He seems to have some injury problems but he improved his shot from his rookie year. If he is keep on working like that he will be great (save injuries of course).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I was listening to that Bulls game when the announcer made that comparison.  Nothing new C_C!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

so its so outrageous that i compared hi iverson after today? see comrades  the commie likes to go ahead of trends not ride the bandwagon after the fact. this was inevitable. he gets hit too much, puts too much torue on his small frame, is too bad a shooter to escape to the outside, everything is hard. its a game of attrition. sooner than later FATE wins! HE'LL BE BACK BUT IT WILL never be the same. i pointed out his lack of academic intelligence for he's not smart enough to ever make the adjustments mr. kidd made. just as IVERSON never did! thats y i picked celts to get to the finals.. before the bandwagon, was all inevitable. now once we shake off the hawks its on to the easier bulls (who sticks rondo?). they have enough to get by philly! scal will lead them if he must!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  picked celts to get to the finals.. before the bandwagon"

You also said that the Celts would  win a championship with Shaq and Krstic. And you have the Knicks over the Heat in the first round this year. You said some real crazy things on Tebow and Jeremy Lin but I won't drag you over the coals on that. 

If you're going to spray wild shots all over the place you are going to hit a few things. 

But in the end you're just as flawed picking games as anyone else, not Nostradamus. 

It's been pretty obvious for a while now that the Eastern Conference is pretty wide open, it really doesn't take a genius to figure that out. 

As for Rose a more accurate statement is that point guards rarely win championships as the best players on their team, period. Isaih Thomas may have been the only one (in the modern era). 

p.s. I would take issue with his academic achievements affecting his basketball IQ. You're going off on a wacky tangent there. Kobe and KG didn't go to college and they have had pretty good careers, no?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]"  picked celts to get to the finals.. before the bandwagon" You also said that the Celts would  win a championship with Shaq and Krstic. And you have the Knicks over the Heat in the first round this year. You said some real crazy things on Tebow and Jeremy Lin but I won't drag you over the coals on that.  If you're going to spray wild shots all over the place you are going to hit a few things.  But in the end you're just as flawed picking games as anyone else, not Nostradamus.  It's been pretty obvious for a while now that the Eastern Conference is pretty wide open, it really doesn't take a genius to figure that out.  As for Rose a more accurate statement is that point guards rarely win championships as the best players on their team, period. Isaih Thomas may have been the only one (in the modern era).  p.s. I would take issue with his academic achievements affecting his basketball IQ. You're going off on a wacky tangent there. Kobe and KG didn't go to college and they have had pretty good careers, no?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Did you forget Magic Johnson?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Inversion did not have a major injury like Rose did until very late in his career. That was one tough little guy. He never missed more than 3 weeks and that happened only once ( http://www.nba.com/sixers/features/iverson_injuries.html ) Also, Rose is a better team player and has a better chance of learning to help his teammates more (and he's certainly playing with a better team than Iverson did). Rose likely will also never be a disciplinary problem. However, there is a similarity in they both will get hit a lot due to driving fearlessly so often.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Inversion did not have a major injury like Rose did until very late in his career. That was one tough little guy. He never missed more than 3 weeks and that happened only once ( http://www.nba.com/sixers/features/iverson_injuries.html ) Also, Rose is a better team player and has a better chance of learning to help his teammates more (and he's certainly playing with a better team than Iverson did). Rose likely will also never be a disciplinary problem. However, there is a similarity in they both will get hit a lot due to driving fearlessly so often.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]good points esp the last part. another big difference is that iverson goes to the hall of fame, rose becomes grant hill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]"  picked celts to get to the finals.. before the bandwagon" You also said that the Celts would  win a championship with Shaq and Krstic. And you been the only one (in the modern era).  p.s. I would take issue with his academic achievements affecting his basketball IQ. You're going off on a wacky tangent there. Kobe and KG didn't go to college and they have had pretty good careers, no?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]spankee, no biggie but whats your deal? took me a while to come out as the black male that i actually am, i presume that you're a white fem. anywho, on your last point, institutional scholastic education is extremely overrated as a credential or as a proper way to evaluate real intellingence. both kobe and garnett are miles smarter than rose and are smarter than most guys who go the ivy league. talking about basic life smarts and instincts. those guys can anticipate and read things like bird and magic used to do. those guys are running multi-billion dollar industries right now (well at least magic the PG you conveniently forgot or chose to incl in your previous points about PGs.. i digress) and would have been life successes regardless of talent on the hard court.

rose on the other hand is protypical exemplar of TALENT. he's the old walking stereotype of the guy who can beat you on talent and god-given ability. not sayin he's not a nice guy or doesnt practice, he reminds just me a bit of  chrissy webber. remember him? all the freakish ability by nature but you just knew as the big games wore down he was the one most likely to choke, pass it to his to his mama and not be able to do it when the game comes down to smarts over innate talent due to exhaustion and so forth. unless 100% and freakish, d-rose is average. paul pierce, rondo, ray and kg are all more brilliant than they are talented (combine both and you have a JORDAN). cant you see the difference?

barring injury, all could play at a high level at 40+ long after their physical gifts have eroded. look at the adjustments all made very early in their carrers in their games per example? rose still has essentially the same game from college.  i like timmy tebow but so far he seems to be in the context. if he doent evolve soon from a perpetual crash dummie, he too will be ROSED!

as for my predictions..... i'm doubling down on knicks beating miami. i saw nothing yesterday that tells me the heat can duplicate that effort throughout the series. that  has been in the making since being tossed by mavs. shumpert loss will help. barring more injuries, knicks are still the kinds of b-azzes that can can dethrone the frontrunning freakshow that is the heat. stay tuned, stay tuned... overall, i've beeen more right than wrong, with all due respect. lin? how was i wrong? he got hurt.. tebow? u kiddding me, i called playoffs after his first start last year and i predicted he would rain hellll on pittsburgh, no shocker there to me. by game 5, he'll be the starter in NY and lead them to the playoffs as well.  

as for celts, how many here were calling for a breakup when i said they would be in the FINALS? i called for AB to start way before it was trending or trendy (he hadnt even actually started then).  i dont just throw stuff out there. i wait til i can sniff the trend. i dont always get the details right but i get the wind change like with our biy belichick. anywho... whats your deal gal?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]"  picked celts to get to the finals.. before the bandwagon" You also said that the Celts would  win a championship with Shaq and Krstic. And you have the Knicks over the Heat in the first round this year. You said some real crazy things on Tebow and Jeremy Lin but I won't drag you over the coals on that.  If you're going to spray wild shots all over the place you are going to hit a few things.  But in the end you're just as flawed picking games as anyone else, not Nostradamus.  It's been pretty obvious for a while now that the Eastern Conference is pretty wide open, it really doesn't take a genius to figure that out.  As for Rose a more accurate statement is that point guards rarely win championships as the best players on their team, period. Isaih Thomas may have been the only one (in the modern era).  p.s. I would take issue with his academic achievements affecting his basketball IQ. You're going off on a wacky tangent there. Kobe and KG didn't go to college and they have had pretty good careers, no?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Very good post

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D-ROSE = IVERSON? : spankee, no biggie but whats your deal? took me a while to come out as the black male that i actually am, i presume that you're a white fem. anywho, on your last point, institutional scholastic education is extremely overrated as a credential or as a proper way to evaluate real intellingence. both kobe and garnett are miles smarter than rose and are smarter than most guys who go the ivy league. talking about basic life smarts and instincts. those guys can anticipate and read things like bird and magic used to do. those guys are running multi-billion dollar industries right now (well at least magic the PG you conveniently forgot or chose to incl in your previous points about PGs.. i digress) and would have been life successes regardless of talent on the hard court. rose on the other hand is protypical exemplar of TALENT. he's the old walking stereotype of the guy who can beat you on talent and god-given ability. not sayin he's not a nice guy or doesnt practice, he reminds just me a bit of  chrissy webber. remember him? all the freakish ability by nature but you just knew as the big games wore down he was the one most likely to choke, pass it to his to his mama and not be able to do it when the game comes down to smarts over innate talent due to exhaustion and so forth. unless 100% and freakish, d-rose is average. paul pierce, rondo, ray and kg are all more brilliant than they are talented (combine both and you have a JORDAN). cant you see the difference? barring injury, all could play at a high level at 40+ long after their physical gifts have eroded. look at the adjustments all made very early in their carrers in their games per example? rose still has essentially the same game from college.  i like timmy tebow but so far he seems to be in the context. if he doent evolve soon from a perpetual crash dummie, he too will be ROSED! as for my predictions..... i'm doubling down on knicks beating miami. i saw nothing yesterday that tells me the heat can duplicate that effort throughout the series. that  has been in the making since being tossed by mavs. shumpert loss will help. barring more injuries, knicks are still the kinds of b-azzes that can can dethrone the frontrunning freakshow that is the heat. stay tuned, stay tuned... overall, i've beeen more right than wrong, with all due respect. lin? how was i wrong? he got hurt.. tebow? u kiddding me, i called playoffs after his first start last year and i predicted he would rain hellll on pittsburgh, no shocker there to me. by game 5, he'll be the starter in NY and lead them to the playoffs as well.   as for celts, how many here were calling for a breakup when i said they would be in the FINALS? i called for AB to start way before it was trending or trendy (he hadnt even actually started then).  i dont just throw stuff out there. i wait til i can sniff the trend. i dont always get the details right but i get the wind change like with our biy belichick. anywho... whats your deal gal?  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    No way you are a black male.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D-ROSE = IVERSON? : No way you are a black male.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    hold up.. i just looked in the mirror and checked in my pants.. oh yep, i'm STILLL a brotha.... Y AM i still craving grape soda?.. oh never mind, you just wouldnt understand!

Sections
Shortcuts