D-Wade Flops Again - NBA This Is Pathetic!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: D-Wade Flops Again - NBA This Is Pathetic!!

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

So by your comments you are suggesting that somehow the playoffs are fixed? or aided along so Pacers can't make the playoffs?

We already know that the NBA is somewhat fixed. 

Remember the "Jordan Rules"?

Like I said, the NBA is a business first and a sport second.

All I'm saying is the Heat will get more calls than the Pacers because of the Heat's star power.

It is what it is.

Correct.  Because LaQueen fouled out last night means he's unlikely to have any further fouls called on him for the rest of Miami's games (only two more?).  Stern says, "he's over his quota of zero, so make sure it goes the right way from here on out."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Mployee, thanks for giving us the truth and setting the record straight..

Only good thing about a wannabe know-it-all making up stuff is people like you exposing and humiliating the fraud so we can all have yet another laugh at his expense.

Setting the record straight?

Did you read what Mployee posted or did you just jump to conclusions so that you and Mployee can double team me?

LOL! What are you going to do? Pass or shoot a contested jumper over them?Laughing

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Here:

http://pweb.netcom.com/~bjalas/basketball/bulls/love.htm

"They are trying to sell today's game, not the game from the 1960's, 70's or 80's."

-Wilt Chamberlain on the NBA at 50 celebration in 1996

No other major sport propagandizes that one particular player is the best ever.  Why is Basketball so different?  Because David Stern is trying to sell his current game by calling Jordan "unquestionably the best ever".  The late Wilt Chamberlain said it best: "If Michael was here right now, I would say to him: When you are so great that the league tries to change the rules in an attempt to stop you then you can claim you are the best ever.  Every rule change I have seen during your career has been meant to enhance your game (such as shortened 3 point line, hand checking rules & well defined rules regarding illegal defenses)."  Wilt also went on further to discuss how players of his day did not have the luxury of regular National T.V. broadcasts to promote their talents to the public.  Modern players have the luxuries of chartered jets, first class hotels, modern sports medicine, fewer games on back-to-back nights, illegal defenses, looser rules governing assists, the 3 point line and superstars getting preferential treatment from referees.  1960's refs freely admit that they let players foul Wilt Chamberlain when he did not have the ball "to help them"defend him. Contrast this with today when superstars are coddled by officials. In spite of all these luxuries afforded to modern players Wilt Chamberlain (who retired 28 years ago) still holds 50 regular season records, many of which are in the untouchable realm.  Contrast this with Michael Jordan who in spite of getting more preferential treatment from officials than any other player in history holds a whopping 4 regular season records.

Sorry, I disagree.  This is one person's view of how and why the rules were changed.  I have seen Jordan getting mugged by Detroit time and again.  In those days, basketball was old school.  Hard fouls by the bigs was the norm.  You carried enforcers on the team who could deliver six hard fouls.  The abuse that Jordan took at the hands of the Pistons and has not been meted out to any player since.

Did Michael receive preferential treatment when the three point line was shortened?  No, it was shortened for everybody.  Did the refs enforce fouls to clean out the physical play?  Yes.  And Jordan was the biggest recipient of hard fouls.  But hard fouls on everybody were cleaned out.  The only preferential treatment of Jordan was palming.  Michael could take a step had a half before putting the ball down again.  His hands were so big that he could hold the ball facing down in one hand.  But, there was a precedent.  Magic could do it too.  And all ball players with big hands were allowed to do that.  Just that they were not so good.

The preferential treatment of Michael Jordan is hogwash.  There was a massive hue and cry about the physical play and bad boys style that led to the change in rules.  Now, regarding preferential treatment of stars, yes, it has been around for a while.  But the preferential treatment of Miami Heat is at an unprecedented level.  That is my issue.  DWade is a punk that deserves the bad boys treatment.  Instead, he is treated like a new born baby.  And LeBron doesn't foul.  That is a joke.

+100

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No fine for "D-flop-allot-Wade"???? What a joke!!!

LeBron James, David West, Lance Stephenson all fined $5K for flopping during Game 4

(By Dan Devine | Ball Don't Lie – 3 hours ago

Miami Heat forward LeBron James and the Indiana Pacers duo of power forward David West and shooting guard Lance Stephenson have all received $5,000 fines for violating the league's anti-flopping policy, the NBA announced Thursday morning.

First, Stephenson's homage to Indy backcourt predecessor Reggie Miller after brushing into Heat guard Ray Allen following a first-quarter bucket (courtesy of our friends at Beyond the Buzzer):

Then, the fourth-quarter double-flop heard 'round the world:

The penalties come one day after CBSSports.com's Ken Berger reported that the league office was looking at several controversial calls from the Pacers' Game 4 win, which saw 55 personal fouls called, a blown 24-second violation whistled against the Pacers in the third quarter, a dicey final-minute traveling call against Heat guard Dwyane Wade and several arguable decisions against James, who fouled out for just the second time in his postseason career.

James, West and Stephenson are the fifth, sixth and seventh players to receive flopping fines this postseason, joining Derek Fisher, Jeff Pendergraph, J.R. Smith and Tony Allen. No player has yet been charged with a second flopping offense during the postseason, which would trigger a $10,000 fine for a second offense in accordance with the NBA's stricter postseason flopping punishments. Third and fourth violations would cost a player $15,000 and $30,000, respectively.

Before Game 4, James raised eyebrows when he seemed to take a more positive view of flopping than some would expect:

"It hasn't been a problem for many guys at all," James said. "I don't really pay too much attention to it. I think it's been good, I guess." [...]

"Guys have been accustomed to doing it for years, and it's not even a bad thing. You're just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Very interesting article.  It is about time that players are being fined for flopping. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Very interesting article.  It is about time that players are being fined for flopping. 

Agreed Susan! A very telling comment on the topic from Lebron:

"Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

Agreed Susan! A very telling comment on the topic from Lebron:

"Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it."

Didn't Tonya Harding state the same thing? Lets ask Nancy Kerrigan:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The sad thing is that Wade's immensely talented and capable of true brilliance.  Case in point - his 2008 Olympic play coming back from 2007 knee surgery.  He was the best player on the court on both ends, but since being joined by LaQueen and Bosh, he's turned a page in basketball nastiness.  I for one don't believe that he actually intended to cause an extesive injury to Rondo, but he was guilty of pulling him down.  The offenses, I think, were worse in the same series were the plays he made on RA and PP.  RA was pulled down from behind in the lane, and that had the potential for disasterous results, and the very legal screen set by Pierce that Wade didn't see right away and no one on his team alerted him to - he ran into Pierce (lowering his shoulder, fell backward, or should I say flopped backward and took extreme umbarage to being picked off the play.  It was the second T on Pierce (for what exactly? Setting a legal screen into which Wade blindly ran?) and Pierce was of course tossed due t a second T.  The Pierce and Allen instances were so obviously dirty, and the Rondo outcome, while also the result of a pull-down, was not made with malice, in my mind.  He intended to bring Rondo down, but it wasn't that far to th floor.  The Pierce attack and the Allen foul were premeditated, even if that meant thinking for a second or two.  He's a total punk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Shane Battier’s flops set to opera (VIDEO)

Kurt Helin

May 31, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT

6 Comments

“If they want to put an opera of all my charges on there or flops or whatever, go for it.”
    Shane Battier

This is the Internet, you ask for it and you might well get it.

Great work by Trey Kerby of The Basketball Jones in creating this “flopera.”