D. West will help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

D. West will help

In his second game and limited minutes West showed his passing, defence, and his offensive explosion in the fourth quarter.  His ability to create his own shot may be one of the best on the team.  A few more games and Ray and Rondo will have ampel rest.  Green should give Paul and KG breaks.  I would not be suprised to see Glen play some center on the first and second unit.  We appear to be a better team after the trades and return of West.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: D. West will help

Not yet.. no until the Center position is dealt with.

Right now Kristic is our starter, yikes!! ... and theres no other center on the bench waiting to spell him.  They say Shaq could play but will he last?? ... He could but its getting harder and harder to count on that.

One or two more cards are yet to be played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

I still believe there has got to be another big man in the works. My question is why didn't doc leave West in the game last night especially towards the last 6 minutes when the Nuggets were making their 16-0 run to end the game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

He was too hot.    Ray was having trouble getting the ball to the rim and doc wanted him to have practice.  go figure

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Delonte looked good. I noticed a little swagger. That was as important as anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It really doesn't matter.  I hope he can return to his old form, but by that time the C's will be well behind the Heat and the Bulls.

This deal was the kiss of death.  We needed Perk a lot more than we need a healthy Delonte.  Aside from that, Boston just literally dealt all of their centers but Shaq, unless JO isn't done.  And I highly doubt he's got anything left in the tank.  Shaq might be good for about 14-18 minutes per game, and Kristic cannot play defense like Perk.

Last night?  We need to get used  to it. The Nuggets romped on the C's on the boards.

Celtics will still make the playoffs, but not as a top seed.  3rd or 4th.  Anyone who watched Chicago play the Heat last night needs to accept that they're going to dismantle Boston unless there's another big in the works. 

Sorry for the pessimism, but no matter how people spin this deal, it just hammered the Celtics. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: D. West will help:
    [QUOTE]It really doesn't matter.  I hope he can return to his old form, but by that time the C's will be well behind the Heat and the Bulls. This deal was the kiss of death.  We needed Perk a lot more than we need a healthy Delonte.  Aside from that, Boston just literally dealt all of their centers but Shaq, unless JO isn't done.  And I highly doubt he's got anything left in the tank.  Shaq might be good for about 14-18 minutes per game, and Kristic cannot play defense like Perk. Last night?  We need to get used  to it. The Nuggets romped on the C's on the boards. Celtics will still make the playoffs, but not as a top seed.  3rd or 4th.  Anyone who watched Chicago play the Heat last night needs to accept that they're going to dismantle Boston unless there's another big in the works.  Sorry for the pessimism, but no matter how people spin this deal, it just hammered the Celtics. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    I have some reservations also. It's going to have to be a wait and see. I sort of recall people saying the same thing last year about getting dismantled. That didn't happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Delonte looked good. I noticed a little swagger. That was as important as anything.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

First game back, DWest looked very timid and not 100% sure  he was ready to be playing again.

Second game back, he lit up in the 4th quarter with his mid-range game, creating his own shot, playing within himself, playing good defense, playing with confidence.

2 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 10 pts in 23 minutes. Not bad at all. And wait til his 3 ball begins to fall.

He will pay huge dividends in the playoffs  if he finds his game these last two months of the season... and stays healthy.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: D. West will help : First game back, DWest looked very timid and not 100% sure  he was ready to be playing again. Second game back, he lit up in the 4th quarter with his mid-range game, creating his own shot, playing within himself, playing good defense, playing with confidence. 2 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 10 pts in 23 minutes. Not bad at all. And wait til his 3 ball begins to fall. He will pay huge dividends in the playoffs  if he finds his game these last two months of the season... and stays healthy. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    I agree. He had a swagger in the game last night that was totaly missing from his first game back. He is going to be an important piece for the stretch run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]It really doesn't matter.  I hope he can return to his old form, but by that time the C's will be well behind the Heat and the Bulls. This deal was the kiss of death.  We needed Perk a lot more than we need a healthy Delonte.  Aside from that, Boston just literally dealt all of their centers but Shaq, unless JO isn't done.  And I highly doubt he's got anything left in the tank.  Shaq might be good for about 14-18 minutes per game, and Kristic cannot play defense like Perk. Last night?  We need to get used  to it. The Nuggets romped on the C's on the boards. Celtics will still make the playoffs, but not as a top seed.  3rd or 4th.  Anyone who watched Chicago play the Heat last night needs to accept that they're going to dismantle Boston unless there's another big in the works.  Sorry for the pessimism, but no matter how people spin this deal, it just hammered the Celtics. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

are you really using last night as an example? we traded 5 guys, had no bench, playing at altitude in Denver in the middle of a road trip. i would have been shocked if we had pulled it out.

this trade did a number of positive things, mainly increase our scoring and depth which were both major issues. KG, Ray and Paul were all playing way too many minutes to be effective in the post-season, that needed to change and we had no real chips to trade with the exception of an offensively limited center/albeit strong interior defender who was probably going to walk in the off-season. ainge and doc are not dumb, they will bring in another big body and shaq and JO will be back. he knows something we don't. no way DA intentionally puts his job in serious jeapordy by letting go of two bigs unless he is sure they will be replaced either by JO/Shaq getting healthy and or signing a couple of players. perk was great, but i see a lot of positives coming out of this. keep the faith.

Sections
Shortcuts