D West

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

D West

Any news on D West?  I have been searching but can't find anything other than possibly a sprained ankle.  Did he get any X-Ray's or an MRI?  What is his status for the playoffs?  My guess if it is not that serious would be he is ready to go by Game 2 or Game 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

Re: D West

Let's hope so.  I know the C's track record when it comes to disclosing injuries is shoddy at best.  I hope him and Shaq are ready to roll come Sunday night though.  Although I think they should keep Shaq out of the first round and save him for the second round.  That should give him another week and a half worth of rest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I have a feeling they're hoping to try and save both those guys for the 2nd round, you know, so they can't get reinjured again before we REALLY need them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think he is wisconsin.  There is a hospital there that specialized in soft metal mobility body casts.  This way he can still play while his fragile bones are healing.  Boy, what a roller coaster ride it is following this guy.  He brings so much to the game when in, that you almost want to tell him to play with caution, but his recklessness is part of his game, and it may take away from his agressivness. 

A month ago, we all agreed we would jusst be happy if Shaq returns for the playoff, which is still a reality it seems, so I think we should be happy and moniter Shaqs progress, because noone said West was key to a championship in November, December or january...so lets just act like he is not on the team...you will feel better.  Honestly, does anyone believe that if he did come back that he could last through one grueling playoff series, let alone 2, 3 or 4??

It is messing with the chemistry and when Rondo was playign lights out at 40 plus minutes a game earlier, nobody mentioned West, so lets hope Rondo resting will allow him to be fresh for the playoffs, and we can get away with playing Arroyo less than 10 minutes a game.  For us to wait on Delonte again is kind of a detriment, IMO.  If he can go the long haul, I'll be happy, but I am not expecting anything from him anymore...its more imperative for us to have Shaq, and besides West if gonna be pressured in the backcourt come do or die time, and he still struggles when guys corral him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I too am hoping Rondo won't need the back-up, because that will mean we have the REAL Rondo with us.  That and Shaq's return are definitely the make-or-breaks for this team. 

I think a lot of us just want to see them both back so that we can finally be the team we're supposed to be.  So we can be at full strength - or close to it - rather than get knocked down every time we get up. 

If Shaq can get back - and I think he can - we will be just fine.  If West can get back too, then that's icing on the cake because his over-the-top hustle can be a big shot in the arm during the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

thanks for the encouraging words Ms.L , I can always count on you.  I say regardless of how he feels let him finish healing up that wrist too and rest him round 1, and bring him in during the Heat series where he will be effective because he can taunt Lebron and get him out his game...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Totally agree with your recommendations and you are very welcome!  Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

UPDATE - According to Tommy and Mike, he says his ankle feels better and is expected to be back Sunday... along with Shaq!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: D West:
    UPDATE - According to Tommy and Mike, he says his ankle feels better and is expected to be back Sunday... along with Shaq!!!
    Posted by MsLithium21

Scratch Shaq.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

When Delonte West is in the rotation , the Celtics are so much better...

When Delonte and Shaq are in the rotation , the Celtics are unbeatable...

Call me the world's biggest Pollyanna , but I think ALL of this angst about PERK , SHAQ, DELONTE and RONDO's SULKING .....is all right out of Bill Bellichick's playbook. Nothing but smoke and mirrors and misdirection....

I think the Celtics will sweep the Knicks with or without Shaq , and I think Amare is the biggest fraud in the NBA......the 2nd coming of Antoine Walker....fills up the stat sheet with a lot of 1st inning solo shots and is NEVER involved with closing the deal.....

I'm excited for Jeff Green , he's had to adjust his whole game to fit in, much like Ray Allen did to fit in with KG and PP.......I say Jeff Green is the difference maker in slowing down (no one stops) Carmello and giving PP a breather.

I can't wait to watch Delonte play for the Celtics in a playoff game. This guy has suffered so much and been thru HELL this season.....and he's done it with class and maturity. So glad he's back in green where he belongs.....if Delonte stays heathy , I think the Celtics win it all - with or without Shaq

It's been a blast watching this season's Celtic team. It shocked me they were so hurt by the Perk trade. I say they get it in gear Sunday night and blow the Knicks out by 20 points.

Mark it down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"When Delonte and Shaq are in the rotation , the Celtics are unbeatable..."

Yup...but I don't think Shaq is gonna be a factor. Gonna be a harder road than that. Maybe interesting though, could be lots of close games. Celts aren't blowing the Knicks out, but they also don't need Shaq to win this series. Delonte will play I think - including Sunday. 

Next series is more likely when they'll need Shaq fu. At this point, we'll need a miracle. I'm hoping Jeff Green will prove his worth helping Pierce guard Carmelo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

They indicate West will be fine for Sunday but who really knows when it comes to the Celtics and injuries ... they are so full of **** and cant be trusted

Shaq is done for this season imo so we're gonna need some unexpected heroes to step up.  JON is one (the biggest), Green is another... and all our stars have to play like stars..

Sections
Shortcuts