DA considering trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

DA considering trade

Here's the excerpt:

On Monday in Charlotte, Rivers said the team will take a wait-and-see approach with Daniels before deciding whether a roster move is necessary, but he admitted a long-term absence likely would force the perimeter-thin Celtics to add a swingman.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge... echoed Rivers' sentiment Tuesday.

"We may be looking at the trade deadline to make a move,'' Ainge said. "And not just for the short term. We'll see how Marquis does. I like our team. But the Marquis situation could give us something to think about at the perimeter. We'll just have to see where he is."

Two links:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=forsberg_chris&id=6103795

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/2/9/1984957/ainge-says-he-may-make-a-move-at-the-trade-deadline-for-a-backup-3

Quis' situation is forcing DA's hand.  Since DA said, the trade would be "not for the short term," it makes me wonder who and what he's considering giving up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: DA considering trade

It's a good thing the trade deadline is still 2 weeks away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This trade works
    We get from Houston
    S. Battier, A Brooks, L. Smith
    Houston gets from us
    Quis, Semih, Nate

We get a SF
    Houston addresses their problem at center.

Backup PG's get swapped.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Danny's comments and Doc's comments are neither big news nor surprising.  Everyone knows that if Daniels prognosis is not good, they'll need another player to help the bench.   

As one of our frequent posters writes.......Only Time will Tell!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I don't think any one will be looking at Daniels until he gets a 100% bill of health.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: DA considering trade:
    I don't think any one will be looking at Daniels until he gets a 100% bill of health.
    Posted by OneNation

Agreed.  I wasn't suggesting someone would trade for Daniels.  I was saying Danny may trade someone else on the team to get a replacement for Daniels.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: DA considering trade : Agreed.  I wasn't suggesting someone would trade for Daniels.  I was saying Danny may trade someone else on the team to get a replacement for Daniels.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I stand corrected...Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So let me see all the hands of people who didn't think the C's were looking into making a trade??  Riase them high so I can see them??  LOL!

"We don't need to make a trade!"
    "Play Wafer at SF"
    "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

I've heard it all. Yeah, yeah you will say it's only happening because Quis went down. If that's what you want to believe go ahead.

Chalk up another I told you so  LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I would not trade semih. They guy has played well in the minutes given to him. He has a huge upside.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

So let me see all the hands of people who didn't think the C's were looking into making a trade??  Riase them high so I can see them??  LOL! "We don't need to make a trade!" "Play Wafer at SF" "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I've heard it all. Yeah, yeah you will say it's only happening because Quis went down. If that's what you want to believe go ahead. Chalk up another I told you so  LOL!
    Posted by BiasLewis

Uhh, you really think they would be looking at a trade if Quis were healthy? Really?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: DA considering trade : Why trade Semih when Perk is as good as gone after this year?  At the worst, Semih is a good backup for 10-12 minutes a game. The C's have offered Perk all that they can.
    Posted by jallen3531

the problem with these trade proposals is danny said we might trade for a BACKUP 3. meaning hes not gunna trade 6 other guys..if he makes a trade, its for 1 player, maybe a second will just be thrown in to make it work. but hes not looking for a backup pg, or a center for depth, so we can stop getting outlandish with our trade ideas.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

So let me see all the hands of people who didn't think the C's were looking into making a trade??  Riase them high so I can see them??  LOL! "We don't need to make a trade!" "Play Wafer at SF" "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I've heard it all. Yeah, yeah you will say it's only happening because Quis went down. If that's what you want to believe go ahead. Chalk up another I told you so  LOL!
    Posted by BiasLewis

You are right Bias, if ain't broke, while fix it.  Fisrt of all, they have not made a trade yet. But common sense will tell you that with the injury of Quis, the Celtics is now broken, and therefore, needs to be fixed.

So you can now see that everyone supports a trade. With Quis gone, this is the time to look for a small forward, no doubt about it. Not three months ago as you have been suggesting.

Time Will Only Tell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Stop taking credit for the patently obvious. We all knew if Daniels was seriously injured that we need to make a move. Most who mentioned play Wafer said it was just an interim move until we can make a deal.

We all know we need a backup for PP.  I mean really what is your point.  You are willing to give way too much to get Posey. If we get him you will see he will come much cheaper.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Oh so Quis is all of a sudden the key to winning? Ok call it what you want. I see how it works now.

We have absolutely NO BENCH at the moment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

semih is untradeable.. y would they do that when they have glass products at center? shaq, jo can blow at anytime. bb is not really a center. perk too could blow at anytime as he is still recuperating from surgery!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

if houston is dumb enought o make the nate-wafer trade, then you do it... likely will be for a underproducing one-dimensional overpaid type of guy like a Peja stoyackovic (?) in dallas.. you give up one year guys in exchane for a multiple year blowhard. nate has one more year left on his deal so that gets harder. celts should just bend over and deal with it because west, shaq will be bak after a week. can play with bradley and luke til then or a healthy erden.. we all expected times like these... hey we still got wafer... nate, luyke and avery are the only guys i would consider trading! noone is taking quis right now... or jo..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Celtics are going to keep losing games if something is not done to improve this team.  With Marquis and Jermaine out indefinitely, the Celtics definitely need someone else at both of these positions.  Just not sure what can be done or who will be traded. 

Sections
Shortcuts