DA/Doc...please learn from the Pacers' victory !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

DA/Doc...please learn from the Pacers' victory !!!

Other than Posts about what will happen to KG & PP & the draft, there isn't much to write about on this sports forum except if you are a Sox and Bruin fan as am I.

Most of us, albeit naturally biased Boston fans, I'm sure are NBA fans too and I was happy to see the Knicks lose, especially since we've could have beaten them. But there is a lesson for Ainge/Doc in the Pacers win. NY was similar to us, a perimeter shooting team basically living and dying with 3s. Melo was ala Kobe, mostly a one man show with help on occasion from Smith & Felton. And they had no offense from 40 yr old Jason Kidd so defense was 5 on 4 when he played. This last game was won because rebs were 43-36 so +7 second chances and points in the paint were 52-20. The Heat, I don't believe, didn't average 40 rebs per game so if the Pacers can be +10 in rebs, they have a chance but slim as the Heat are good perimeter shooters and Bosh, similar to KG, is deadly 5-10 ft out and LeBron, of course, is almost unstoppable driving to the net. I'm afraid he'll get Hibbert in early foul trouble.

We were, and have been for a couple of years, a perimeter jump shooting team and mostly won shooting 45-50% and playing good "D" when we were outrebounded. We got to keep Rondo, albeit he's not the prolific PG scorer like Paul, Westbrook, Rose etc. but must obtain 6'10", 6'11" and 7" PFs/Cs so we can outrebound opponents. Only one guy like Bogut, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith isn't enough with KG & PP gone so we need hope Melo develops and Sully helps & I would use the draft only for BIG MEN and maybe a PG.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: DA/Doc...please learn from the Pacers' victory !!!

Bynum is available...................

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I'd love to have Bynum but because of this knee injury it's a gamble it does not reinjure & he sits out the year as he did with Philly. He's young, early 20s, and worth a chance but only if we can get him relatively cheap!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I'd love to have Bynum but because of this knee injury it's a gamble it does not reinjure & he sits out the year as he did with Philly. He's young, early 20s, and worth a chance but only if we can get him relatively cheap!

I agree with everything you have said, but we won't get him cheap.  Someone  (Cuban) will overpay for him, and we will be left holding the bag again!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I agree with everything you have said, but we won't get him cheap.  Someone  (Cuban) will overpay for him, and we will be left holding the bag again!

It would be a mistake for any NBA team to overpay for him.  Until he can stay healthy for an entire season which hasn't happened very often he is never going to be worth signing to a significant amount.   I am not sure what will happen to him but I don't see any team overpaying him until he can stay healthy.  When healthy he is one of the best centers in the league but he is never healthy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wouldnt trust Bynum....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Hahaha

Ya think the celtics need a big man?  What an profound idea!!  

I bet that Doc/Danny never thaought of that and needed to learn from the knicks/Pacers that the team needed a big man or two? LOL

What they also learned is that in addition to Hibbert, George, West, Stephenson and Hill (not to mention injured Granger) are much younger (can play 35 MPG every night) and are collecively much more talented than the Celtics and can provide a well balanced attack.      

In addition to an inside game and unlike the Celtics back-court, both Hill and Stephenson can score from the outside too.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Hahaha

Ya think the celtics need a big man?  What an profound idea!!  

I bet that Doc/Danny never thaought of that and needed to learn from the knicks/Pacers that the team needed a big man or two? LOL

What they also learned is that in addition to Hibbert, George, West, Stephenson and Hill (not to mention injured Granger) are much younger (can play 35 MPG every night) and are collecively much more talented than the Celtics and can provide a well balanced attack.      

In addition to an inside game and unlike the Celtics back-court, both Hill and Stephenson can score from the outside too.   

You are correct that your tongue & cheek comment that DA/Doc are aware of the need for a competent big man but nothing was done this season  before the deadline to address it.  Again, I don't know if they tried or if what was available was not worth it or maybe only Rondo could have been the only trade the opponents wanted & we didn't want to let him go.

You are also correct about Stephenson & Hill, both young, and similar to the Grizzlies' Randolph & Gasol, who can also score in the post and from 5-15 ft out too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I absolutely love this post. I was going to start one like this a week ago and title it "The writings on the Wall"...It's not just the Pacers but also Memphis. Strong Defense and Rebounding win championships. You can't expect to beat teams like Miami by playing to their strengths. They are very beatable on the glass. If you have big men that clog the interior you are better able to challenge their perimeter shooting. The 2010-2011 Celtics had one of the largest front courts ever seen in the NBA and were steamrolling everyone until Danny Ainge traded everybody away at the trade deadline. Ainge had it right before he went insane in getting rid of everybody. Learn from Memphis and Indiana, size does matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

and please no Bynum, the guy doesn't have the heart to play basketball.

Sections
Shortcuts