DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green

The celtics big three are old and the bench is not that great.  Big Baby looked like a big fat obese baby on a carb sugar coma the entire playoffs.  Let that bum go.  We will not win anything as long as he is our 6th man.   He picked a bad time to play like he forgot his tums.  He had his days.  Yes, I know Jeff Green has amazing athleticism, he can score, he is young and can keep up with fast stars like Lebron etc...   I think this is all overrated.  Jeff "Butterfingers" Green does not have it.   There is no way OKC would let him go if he did have it.   We should have tried to get James Hadon instead.  Green can't seem to catch a pass, he looks lost out there half the time.  He does not have that killer instinct that almost every great and good basketball player has.   We don't need to rebuild with that type of inconsistent energy.  He lacks confidence.  He should be a monster with his ability.  I realize he is very tempting.  We all want to beleive that he may suddenly become a mini Lebron or Carmelo but guess what it won't happen.  If we keep him, I would love to eat my words and be wrong about him.   I figure if DA lusted after him, there may be others out there foolish enough to take him.   I don't think his weaknesses can be fixed.  It seems he is one of those players who should play for bad teams and get 20 a night but never be able to win.  Now if the Celtics want to lose to get a lottery ticket , yes keep butterfingers.   He will impress every now and then and keep us hoping and he will help us to lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green

this is the same type of knee-jerk boston fan reaction that resulted in our trading away guys like chauncy billups and joe johnson before they even were given a chance to show what they could do. rondo and green, and pierce b/c of his history with the team, are the least likely players to be anywhere but boston next year. end of story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green:
    [QUOTE]this is the same type of knee-jerk boston fan reaction that resulted in our trading away guys like chauncy billups and joe johnson before they even were given a chance to show what they could do. rondo and green, and pierce b/c of his history with the team, are the least likely players to be anywhere but boston next year. end of story.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Rick Pitino was never going to develop that kind of talent.  Their careers may have never happened had they been stuck playing for that a**-clown

I would trade Rondo if Deron Williams or Chris Paul became available, but those are the only two guys who could become available who I would take for Rondo

I tend to think that Jeff Green might also be a trade chip in the Al Jefferson mold.  Groom him enough to showcase him and then trade him for more proven and developed assets (i.e. Jefferson for Garnett)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

jeff green is soft; the guy plays scared 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green:
    [QUOTE]The celtics big three are old and the bench is not that great.  Big Baby looked like a big fat obese baby on a carb sugar coma the entire playoffs.  Let that bum go.  We will not win anything as long as he is our 6th man.   He picked a bad time to play like he forgot his tums.  He had his days.  Yes, I know Jeff Green has amazing athleticism, he can score, he is young and can keep up with fast stars like Lebron etc...   I think this is all overrated.  Jeff "Butterfingers" Green does not have it.   There is no way OKC would let him go if he did have it.   We should have tried to get James Hadon instead.  Green can't seem to catch a pass, he looks lost out there half the time.  He does not have that killer instinct that almost every great and good basketball player has.   We don't need to rebuild with that type of inconsistent energy.  He lacks confidence.  He should be a monster with his ability.  I realize he is very tempting.  We all want to beleive that he may suddenly become a mini Lebron or Carmelo but guess what it won't happen.  If we keep him, I would love to eat my words and be wrong about him.   I figure if DA lusted after him, there may be others out there foolish enough to take him.   I don't think his weaknesses can be fixed.  It seems he is one of those players who should play for bad teams and get 20 a night but never be able to win.  Now if the Celtics want to lose to get a lottery ticket , yes keep butterfingers.   He will impress every now and then and keep us hoping and he will help us to lose.
    Posted by BigJoedaddyBoston[/QUOTE]

I think Danny is negligent in his duties if he does anything other than let the BIG 3 dissolve naturally, singing anyone to any length of contract not knowing what the new CBA is going to mean to the salary cap, etc. could cripple the team's flexibility.

The Pistons had 4 all-stars, won their championship, and when it started to dissolve they brought in Ben Gordon and Charlie V and they s uck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green:
    [QUOTE]In Response to DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green : I think Danny is negligent in his duties if he does anything other than let the BIG 3 dissolve naturally, singing anyone to any length of contract not knowing what the new CBA is going to mean to the salary cap, etc. could cripple the team's flexibility. The Pistons had 4 all-stars, won their championship, and when it started to dissolve they brought in Ben Gordon and Charlie V and they s uck.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you about waiting until the new CBA.  Until the terms are known, it best to wait until the new, (probably lower), salary cap has been determined to sign anyone. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green : I definitely agree with you about waiting until the new CBA.  Until the terms are known, it best to wait until the new, (probably lower), salary cap has been determined to sign anyone. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I wonder if old contracts will get grandfathered into the new CBA and scaled down somehow

I can't believe that all the teams over the cap who rake in the cash for the league are willing to give into revenue sharing if the new cap scr*ws their teams hard.  They'll want their current contracts scaled down and grandfathered in

Maybe that puts the Celtics right below the cap with scaling and the Lakers right at the cap, but I doubt they would agree to a new CBA along with the Magic, Heat, Mavs, et al if it prevented their teams from making moves long term.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green : I wonder if old contracts will get grandfathered into the new CBA and scaled down somehow I can't believe that all the teams over the cap who rake in the cash for the league are willing to give into revenue sharing if the new cap scr*ws their teams hard.  They'll want their current contracts scaled down and grandfathered in Maybe that puts the Celtics right below the cap with scaling and the Lakers right at the cap, but I doubt they would agree to a new CBA along with the Magic, Heat, Mavs, et al if it prevented their teams from making moves long term.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I don't see anything legal about scaling back contracts, contracts are contracts.  The revenue sharing now is just the luxury tax and that affects several teams.

I think the new CBA will do exactly what you suggest in your last sentence - too bad if you are over the cap, deal with it and if it means you are stuck with old players or lousy contracts - oh well....

I am sure there are business people out there still working on the next great buggy whip and have never heard of Ford, Chrysler, GM, Audit, MB, etc. 

The whole thing is a giant ponzi scheme, keep stealing from the future to ensure success today... once the success fades these bad decision makers should be bailed out?  Not.

Owners needed a cap to protect themselves from themselves, after having it in place for years and creating exceptions, etc. what they have found is that they have vastly overexpanded the league and surprise surprise surprise could not protect themselves from themselves.

I think teams will have to get much smarter and become much better at evaluating talent and I think kids will be staying in school a lot longer, no more one and done......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DA, make some moves = Trade Baby and Jeff "butterfingers" Green : I don't see anything legal about scaling back contracts, contracts are contracts.  The revenue sharing now is just the luxury tax and that affects several teams. I think the new CBA will do exactly what you suggest in your last sentence - too bad if you are over the cap, deal with it and if it means you are stuck with old players or lousy contracts - oh well.... I am sure there are business people out there still working on the next great buggy whip and have never heard of Ford, Chrysler, GM, Audit, MB, etc.  The whole thing is a giant ponzi scheme, keep stealing from the future to ensure success today... once the success fades these bad decision makers should be bailed out?  Not. Owners needed a cap to protect themselves from themselves, after having it in place for years and creating exceptions, etc. what they have found is that they have vastly overexpanded the league and surprise surprise surprise could not protect themselves from themselves. I think teams will have to get much smarter and become much better at evaluating talent and I think kids will be staying in school a lot longer, no more one and done......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I should have explained myself better

The players will still get paid the same because it's a contract

But they'll count less against the new hard salary cap

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Didn't they allow 1 contract to be "thrown out" per team in the past?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't they allow 1 contract to be "thrown out" per team in the past?
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

That would make more sense

And in the Celtics' case, Garnett at @18.1mil would be ideal

Sections
Shortcuts