DA should just go all in with a re-build

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

DA should just go all in with a re-build

Re-sign Bradley

Draft Gordon pick #6

Rondo to LAL for Nash, Marshall and pick #7 (Smart). 

Green, Pressey, Bogans, Johnson to SAC for Landry, Thompson, Williams, Acy, pick #8

Anthony, pick #8 (Randle) to Charlotte for Zeller, pick #9 (Stauskas), and pick #24 (Napier)

Draft Cleanthony Early with pick #17

C Olynyk/Zeller/Faverani

PF Sullinger/Bass/Thompson/Landry

SF Gordon/Early/Williams/Wallace/Acy

SG Bradley/Stauskas

PG Smart/Marshall/Napier/Nash

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: DA should just go all in with a re-build

How about Rondo to Chicago for Taj Gibson picks #16,#19 and #49?

We'll have #6- Vonleh

Trade Sullinger to whomever drafts Gordon #8 Sacramento?

#16- Adrien Payne

#17- Isaiah Austin

#49- Russ Smith

Trade Bass for PJ Tucker.

Go into next year with 

Pressey-Bradley-Green-Olynyk-Faverani (Fast break Phoenix style; which is old school Celtics style)

Second team: Russ Smith-Tucker-Gordon-Gibson-Vonleh

Payne , Johnson, Wallace, Austin

(Trade Gibson and Wallace during the season)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

More likely Scenario is:

Draft Vonleh #6

Trade Sully for Gordon (#8 Sacramento?)

Draft Payne #17

Trade future pick for Isaiah Austin.

Then we have: Rondo-Bradley-Green-Olynynk-Faverani

Pressey-Tucker-Gordon-Payne-Vonleh

Johnson-Babb-Austin(strength training year 1)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's comment:

Re-sign Bradley

Draft Gordon pick #6

Rondo to LAL for Nash, Marshall and pick #7 (Smart). 

Green, Pressey, Bogans, Johnson to SAC for Landry, Thompson, Williams, Acy, pick #8

Anthony, pick #8 (Randle) to Charlotte for Zeller, pick #9 (Stauskas), and pick #24 (Napier)

Draft Cleanthony Early with pick #17

C Olynyk/Zeller/Faverani

PF Sullinger/Bass/Thompson/Landry

SF Gordon/Early/Williams/Wallace/Acy

SG Bradley/Stauskas

PG Smart/Marshall/Napier/Nash

Why stop there?  You were just getting started.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Way too many moving parts in these trade ideas.

Sacramento has Gay so unless he opts out they wouldn't trade for Green. Especially not pick #8. Yeah it is kinda a salary dump, but they are not paying a huge amount for their team right now so guys like Thompson and Landry are productive and hardly killing them.

If they are willing to go all-in for one year of Love they might do the same thing for Rondo. The Rondo for Nash/Marshall and pick 7 has been an idea of mine going back weeks. I'd also trade Rondo to the Kings for pick #8, McLemore, Jason Thompson (despite the cap killing possibilities he can play center, which we need, and isn't that expensive) and Reggie Evans expiring. That is like 11 million for Rondo's 13.

Boston wouldn't be a good place for Derrick Williams if we are rebuilding. He could use some stability so sticking with one franchise, even a dysfunctional one, and seeing what Rondo can do to his career would be good for both him and the Kings.

Cousins, Landry, Williams, Gay, Rondo and a pretty much washed up Terry and Travis Outlaw are the only players the Kings have under contract so they'd need a SG and a bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

After making that deal with the Kings I draft Gordon #6, if the Jazz take Gordon I'd draft Smart, to make sure that the Lakers don't take him. LA would take Vonleh I believe, leaving us Randle, who I want nothing to do with. 

I'd swap picks 8 and 9 with Charlotte, so they can take Randle, and also give them Brandon Bass and Faverani. They in turn send us their 2015 pick (top 3 protected), Bismack Biyambo and Gary Neal. With pick #9 I would draft Saric.

Pick #17 I'd draft Elfrid Payton (if we took Gordon) or TJ Warren (if we took Smart)

C - Thompson, Biyombo (some Olynyk)

PF - Sully, Olynyk, Saric

SF - Green, Wallace, Warren or Gordon, Saric

SG - Bradley, McLemore

PG - Smart or Payton, Pressey, Neal

Green is still on the table to trade. I'd have no problems with Gordon being in the D-League or Saric overseas for a year. Those two on the same team would be huge for the future, with the ability to play both positions, one will be a star and the other an elite 6th man point-forward type for years. The guards will be set as well even if it is Payton over Smart, I'd pray he was there at #17 if we don't get Smart. He could be incredibly good.

This team will just have to turn a war chest of picks and Green to try and get an elite young center somehow. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

We'll have #6- Vonleh

#16- Adrien Payne

#17- Isaiah Austin

#49- Russ Smith

Go into next year with 

Pressey-Bradley-Green-Olynyk-Faverani (Fast break Phoenix style; which is old school Celtics style)

Chicago could then flip Boozer to Minny for Love.

The Bulls could have Rondo-Rose-Butler-Love-Noah

Rondo and Rose constantly breaking down defenders causing D to congest giving Love open shots all day. If D doesnt congest then open layups all day.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

No need to keep Bradley or Bass or Rondo with this bunch, tooo much money for a team headed for the lottery.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

people are blowing bradley's cost out of proportion. he isn't going to break the bank. he's still only 23 and his game has improved every year. he's a hard worker, a winner, and Boston would be foolish to let him walk without getting any compensation. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

We'll have #6- Vonleh

#16- Adrien Payne

#17- Isaiah Austin

#49- Russ Smith

Go into next year with 

Gibson is too old for a rebuilding team, and Chicago has too much long term $ tied up into the PG position with Rose. no way they trade for Rondo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Way too many moving parts in these trade ideas.

Sacramento has Gay so unless he opts out they wouldn't trade for Green. Especially not pick #8. Yeah it is kinda a salary dump, but they are not paying a huge amount for their team right now so guys like Thompson and Landry are productive and hardly killing them.

If they are willing to go all-in for one year of Love they might do the same thing for Rondo. The Rondo for Nash/Marshall and pick 7 has been an idea of mine going back weeks. I'd also trade Rondo to the Kings for pick #8, McLemore, Jason Thompson (despite the cap killing possibilities he can play center, which we need, and isn't that expensive) and Reggie Evans expiring. That is like 11 million for Rondo's 13.

Boston wouldn't be a good place for Derrick Williams if we are rebuilding. He could use some stability so sticking with one franchise, even a dysfunctional one, and seeing what Rondo can do to his career would be good for both him and the Kings.

Cousins, Landry, Williams, Gay, Rondo and a pretty much washed up Terry and Travis Outlaw are the only players the Kings have under contract so they'd need a SG and a bench.

Jeff Green can play PF or come off the bench as the 6th man. Derrick Williams is a bust and is overpaid. Thompson is now in his late 20's, he never reached his potential, he's an average player waking too much $. The Kings are looking to win now and clearing that cap space would go a long way. they don't need or want anymore lottery picks. they have their franchise player already and their #2 scorer. they need to build a team arount Cousins and Gay. Their bad contracts are keeping them from doing that right now. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

1. 3 way trade between BOS, LAL, OKC

BOS out:  Rondo, Green, Bass

BOS in:    #7(LAL), #21(OKC), Reggie Jackson, Hasheem Thebeet, Kendrick Perkins, Jordan Hill

LAL out:   #7, Nash, Jordan Hill

LAL in:     Rondo, Bass, Perry Jones III

OKC out:  #21, Reggie Jackson, Thabeet, Kendrick Perkins, PJ3

OKC in:     Green, Nash

2. BOS trades #17 & #21 for #13.  Drafts Vohnleh #6, Gordon #7, Stauskas #13. Re-sign Bradley, let Bayless, and Humph walk.

Stevens molds Gordon into a SF, Vonleh into a stretch 5

Reggie Jackson - Bradley - Gordon - Sully - Vohnleh

Pressey - Stauskas - Chris Johnson - Olynyk - Thabeet

? - Babb - Wallace - Jordan Hill - Perk - Colton Iverson

At least 2 more trips to the Lottery to search for a go-to Scorer. Tons of potential, but clearly a team that needs a few years to develop.  I would also look to deal Sully for another prospect but probably at the deadline after he puts up big #s for this offensively challenged team.  He could really up his value by showing some leadership qualities and averaging 18 & 9, which I think is his ceiling.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

i'm sure OKC is just dying to trade Reggie Jackson for Jeff Green....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

And Jeff Green cannot play PF, that has been proven time and again - Tommy!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

STOP WITH THESE ASININE PROPOSED TRADES!!!!!

Good God I can't wait until the draft gets here!

New proposed trade:

We create a true way-back time machine and propose a twelve way trade with the twelve greatest NBA teams of all time prior to 2005 and grab the best player on each one to stock our team, with the only two players we refuse to give up ever  are Bill Russell and Larry Bird. We give up all our #1 draft choices and any players these other teams want, but Rondon't and Green have to go together to the Lakers so that that franchise never recovers.

THIS PROPOSED TRADE MAKES AS MUCH AS SENSE AS MOST THAT I'VE READ HERE TODAY...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

dude, No one is dying to do any of these trades. Why pick that one to mock?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I dont know why fans want to bottom out even more (which is a tough task when you just completed a 25-57 season) and trade our best players. We already have too many young guys and SO MANY FUTURE PICKS TOO.  You want to obtain more mid-late first rounders? Which will only lead to more and more solid rotational players/ avg starter,but no stars.

The best plan is to flip some of our MANY assets for an established star. This is how almost all teams get it done (exception okc and gsw). If the celtics can get klove and he is willing to sign an extension im all for it. If we get can a carmelo anthony, who like him or not is one of the best scorers in the game PERIOD. Im all for that too.

If we cant do either of those, im ok with taking the bpa at 6 and 17. Try to obtain a solid center (ie asik) and build up. With a recoverd rondo and a center like asik, plus the development of sully and ko, the improving ab and whatever the rookies can give us. That would be a decent team that can probably win you close to 35- 40 games which in the weak east might be good enough to make the playoffs.

Some of you may scoff at this result, but look at the alternative if we trade rondo and jgreen for whatever we can get (prob a mid and late 1st rd picks) and go for the complete rebuild we are immediately worst this upcoming  season, so bad that we prob have a decent shot at at a top 3 pick but with the lottery who knows, then the next few seasons while our young guys improve we MAY  eventually in 2-3 years become a playoff team / 500 team. Y not speed up the process and become that next season?  Most likely either way the c's go they are not going to be a championship contender in the near future (next 3-4 years), so y delay being at least competetive? (ie playoff team.)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Maybe not, but Reggie has earned the chance to be a starter, which he will never be behind Westbrook, so when his contract is done his agent would be smart to tell Reggie to move on to a team that will give him that opportunity.  This way OKC makes a couple win-now moves, while getting something for him.

And really it's as much about bringing in a veteran presence and floor general in Nash to give the second unit some offensive direction, as it is about Green. Nash gives them a completely different dynamic, and also expires next year. So if it works out he will be a big part of their success, maybe his vet savvy finally helps get them past The Spurs. If it doesn't work out he is 9+mil off their books at the end of the year. 

I think Jeff Green would actually be perfect for them now. He obviously didn't work as a #1 scoring option, but he would be a hell of a third option on that team as constituted. IMO they traded him thinking they would be able to keep Harden and saw a need for a defensive center (Perk) above all else.  Well now Harden is gone, and they struggle to get scoring from anywhere other than Durant and Westbrook. Center is kind of wrapped up for them now with a good three headed monster of Ibaka, Collison, and the up and coming Adams, so their need has shifted back to scoring and lineup versatility, and JG will give them that without the pressure of doing it every night.

obviously this is all wishful thinking. I've never heard Jackson's name brought up in any rumor, but I do think a trade like this would make sense for all the parties involved.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

I dont know why fans want to bottom out even more (which is a tough task when you just completed a 25-57 season) and trade our best players. We already have too many young guys and SO MANY FUTURE PICKS TOO.  You want to obtain more mid-late first rounders? Which will only lead to more and more solid rotational players/ avg starter,but no stars.

The best plan is to flip some of our MANY assets for an established star. This is how almost all teams get it done (exception okc and gsw). If the celtics can get klove and he is willing to sign an extension im all for it. If we get can a carmelo anthony, who like him or not is one of the best scorers in the game PERIOD. Im all for that too.

If we cant do either of those, im ok with taking the bpa at 6 and 17. Try to obtain a solid center (ie asik) and build up. With a recoverd rondo and a center like asik, plus the development of sully and ko, the improving ab and whatever the rookies can give us. That would be a decent team that can probably win you close to 35- 40 games which in the weak east might be good enough to make the playoffs.

Some of you may scoff at this result, but look at the alternative if we trade rondo and jgreen for whatever we can get (prob a mid and late 1st rd picks) and go for the complete rebuild we are immediately worst this upcoming  season, so bad that we prob have a decent shot at at a top 3 pick but with the lottery who knows, then the next few seasons while our young guys improve we MAY  eventually in 2-3 years become a playoff team / 500 team. Y not speed up the process and become that next season?  Most likely either way the c's go they are not going to be a championship contender in the near future (next 3-4 years), so y delay being at least competetive? (ie playoff team.)

Rondo would walk out on that team. That's why you trade him if there is no Kevin Love type of move available.

So that team wins 40 games, probably loses in the first round, then it's best player signs with another team and Danny gets nothing out of it?   That is a worst case scenario. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

dude, No one is dying to do any of these trades. Why pick that one to mock?

because it was mockable. my trade ideas are super solid and realistic. i must say.. i'm the f'n man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

they need to build a foundation with young and inexpensive players and then use the future picks and cap space to add a veteran superstar or two to put them over the top. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Rondo would walk out on that team. That's why you trade him if there is no Kevin Love type of move available.

So that team wins 40 games, probably loses in the first round, then it's best player signs with another team and Danny gets nothing out of it?   That is a worst case scenario. 

Rondo would walk out on that team????

What exactly would that look like?

Demand a trade... refuse to show up for games?

Refuse to play... or play poorly?

How would we know that he was "walking out" on the Cs?

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Rondo would walk out on that team????

What exactly would that look like?

Demand a trade... refuse to show up for games?

Refuse to play... or play poorly?

How would we know that he was "walking out" on the Cs?

Pud

He would test free agency or "walk" at the end of the year.  Haven't we all been discussing this for months? DA needs to make a move to bring a legit star to the team, OR trade Rondo for picks/prospects. If neither one of those scenarios happen then the Celtics risk losing Rondo in Free agency and receiving little to nothing in return. 

I don't think he will demand a trade due to the fact that he seems like the kind of guy who would enjoy being courted in free agency. And I certainly don't think he will play bad on purpose.

IMO Rondo's value will continue to decline the longer he stays after the draft. 

My point was that keeping Rondo, then losing him for nothing would just delay the full out rebuild for one year, and we would also be out an asset that if traded this offseason may be able to net you a mid-late lottery pick. On top of that they would miss out on another lottery pick next year by "competing" for a shot to lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts