In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont know why fans want to bottom out even more (which is a tough task when you just completed a 25-57 season) and trade our best players. We already have too many young guys and SO MANY FUTURE PICKS TOO.  You want to obtain more mid-late first rounders? Which will only lead to more and more solid rotational players/ avg starter,but no stars.

The best plan is to flip some of our MANY assets for an established star. This is how almost all teams get it done (exception okc and gsw). If the celtics can get klove and he is willing to sign an extension im all for it. If we get can a carmelo anthony, who like him or not is one of the best scorers in the game PERIOD. Im all for that too.

If we cant do either of those, im ok with taking the bpa at 6 and 17. Try to obtain a solid center (ie asik) and build up. With a recoverd rondo and a center like asik, plus the development of sully and ko, the improving ab and whatever the rookies can give us. That would be a decent team that can probably win you close to 35- 40 games which in the weak east might be good enough to make the playoffs.

Some of you may scoff at this result, but look at the alternative if we trade rondo and jgreen for whatever we can get (prob a mid and late 1st rd picks) and go for the complete rebuild we are immediately worst this upcoming  season, so bad that we prob have a decent shot at at a top 3 pick but with the lottery who knows, then the next few seasons while our young guys improve we MAY  eventually in 2-3 years become a playoff team / 500 team. Y not speed up the process and become that next season?  Most likely either way the c's go they are not going to be a championship contender in the near future (next 3-4 years), so y delay being at least competetive? (ie playoff team.)

[/QUOTE]

Rondo would walk out on that team. That's why you trade him if there is no Kevin Love type of move available.

So that team wins 40 games, probably loses in the first round, then it's best player signs with another team and Danny gets nothing out of it?   That is a worst case scenario. 

[/QUOTE]Rondo would walk out on that team????

What exactly would that look like?

Demand a trade... refuse to show up for games?

Refuse to play... or play poorly?

How would we know that he was "walking out" on the Cs?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

He would test free agency or "walk" at the end of the year.  Haven't we all been discussing this for months? DA needs to make a move to bring a legit star to the team, OR trade Rondo for picks/prospects. If neither one of those scenarios happen then the Celtics risk losing Rondo in Free agency and receiving little to nothing in return. 

I don't think he will demand a trade due to the fact that he seems like the kind of guy who would enjoy being courted in free agency. And I certainly don't think he will play bad on purpose.

IMO Rondo's value will continue to decline the longer he stays after the draft. 

My point was that keeping Rondo, then losing him for nothing would just delay the full out rebuild for one year, and we would also be out an asset that if traded this offseason may be able to net you a mid-late lottery pick. On top of that they would miss out on another lottery pick next year by "competing" for a shot to lose in the first round of the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Anything that gets Wee Devilman PG out of here ASAP gets my vote, so I approve this message! Watching him stay here next year acting out and negatively influencing the young guys on the team and then compounding this with the teAM GETTING NOTHING IN RETURN WOULD BE THE WORST OF ALL WORLDS...DUMP HIM NOW...lOVE'S NOT COMING, AND WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS BALL HOG/NO DEFENSE aNTHONY? (opps, caps, sorry)...get rid of Rondon't now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: DA should just go all in with a re-build

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I dont know why fans want to bottom out even more (which is a tough task when you just completed a 25-57 season) and trade our best players. We already have too many young guys and SO MANY FUTURE PICKS TOO.  You want to obtain more mid-late first rounders? Which will only lead to more and more solid rotational players/ avg starter,but no stars.

The best plan is to flip some of our MANY assets for an established star. This is how almost all teams get it done (exception okc and gsw). If the celtics can get klove and he is willing to sign an extension im all for it. If we get can a carmelo anthony, who like him or not is one of the best scorers in the game PERIOD. Im all for that too.

If we cant do either of those, im ok with taking the bpa at 6 and 17. Try to obtain a solid center (ie asik) and build up. With a recoverd rondo and a center like asik, plus the development of sully and ko, the improving ab and whatever the rookies can give us. That would be a decent team that can probably win you close to 35- 40 games which in the weak east might be good enough to make the playoffs.

Some of you may scoff at this result, but look at the alternative if we trade rondo and jgreen for whatever we can get (prob a mid and late 1st rd picks) and go for the complete rebuild we are immediately worst this upcoming  season, so bad that we prob have a decent shot at at a top 3 pick but with the lottery who knows, then the next few seasons while our young guys improve we MAY  eventually in 2-3 years become a playoff team / 500 team. Y not speed up the process and become that next season?  Most likely either way the c's go they are not going to be a championship contender in the near future (next 3-4 years), so y delay being at least competetive? (ie playoff team.)

[/QUOTE]

Rondo would walk out on that team. That's why you trade him if there is no Kevin Love type of move available.

So that team wins 40 games, probably loses in the first round, then it's best player signs with another team and Danny gets nothing out of it?   That is a worst case scenario. 

Pud

[/QUOTE]

He would test free agency or "walk" at the end of the year.  Haven't we all been discussing this for months? DA needs to make a move to bring a legit star to the team, OR trade Rondo for picks/prospects. If neither one of those scenarios happen then the Celtics risk losing Rondo in Free agency and receiving little to nothing in return. 

I don't think he will demand a trade due to the fact that he seems like the kind of guy who would enjoy being courted in free agency. And I certainly don't think he will play bad on purpose.

My point was that keeping Rondo, then losing him for nothing would just delay the full out rebuild for one year, and we would also be out an asset that if traded this offseason may be able to net you a mid-late lottery pick. On top of that they would miss out on another lottery pick next year by "competing" for a shot to lose in the first round of the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]I don't think that Rondo demands a trade because he has nowhere special to go. Besides, he would like to stay in Beantown, would like to be overpaid and would like to continue to be the best player, even on a bad team.

DA's problem is that he doesn't want to overpay Rondo to stay (with little trade value no matter what) because that puts him even deeper in the hole moneywise...  he doesn't want to build around a glorified role player either.... and he doesn't want Rondo to walk and get nothing in return. 

Quite the perfect storm.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP. Show MOSSAD-CIA-M16-GIP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good post. i agree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Tommy is vacillating again.  First he likes Rondo, then he wants to trade him - reason - HE'S NOT A CELTICS FAN.....................UGH!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

Sections
Shortcuts