DA "We are Looking to Bring Someone in Immediately"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

Re: DA

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mikekane3334's comment:

Why not ask KG and Pierce to restructure their contracts to shave a couple million off to go towards another contract?  If they want a championship more than anything else let's ask them to give up some money that they really don't need to that end!

Salary cap rules prohibits teams from restructuring player contracts.

Thanks, I didn't realize that this was in the new cba!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Just amazing that we scored 11 in the 2nd and 8 in the 3rd and won last night. The much maligned Bass...seems # 1 choice for being traded...was our highest scorer with 14.  Both teams shot 37%. The Bulls, however, won the rebound battle 49-39 so 10 second chance shots. Hmmm ??? How did we win ??? Our defense was terrific causing 22 turnovers so these, like rebounds, are extra chances. Just think if we could win the rebound battle or just break even.

Firtly, let me say I like Rondo, Sully & Barbosa & Fab Melo(dunno?) but I would be willing to first try to trade Sully, Barbosa & Melo before Rondo to get Cousins or Gortat. Re: they are injured I cite the Red Sox trading Carl Crawford to the Dodgers last year while recovering from surgery so they took him on the come. Obviously, toss in Collins too and, if needed, unload Bass and even give up 1-2 draft choices. With a Big Man and I know I'm dreaming and Reddick, we'd be major contenders and all w/o a legitimate PG !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Here's another possible canidate...

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-boston-celtics/celtics-talk/Agent-Celtics-have-shown-interest-in-Par?blockID=831185&feedID=3352

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Ben Rohrbach: Doc says C's are monitoring China league, which ends in a weekTwitter @brohrbach

Rumors tagsBOSTON CELTICSFREE AGENCYCHINA  |  SHARE  Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

US players in China: T-Mac, Q. Douby, and V. Wafer

http://www.asia-basket.com/China/basketball-Players.asp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Von Wafer Wafer's 51-point game gives him Player of the Week award - Feb 8, 2013 27-year old guard Von Wafer (196-G-85) put on an amazing game in the last round for Xinjiang FT and receives a Asia-basket.com Player of the Week award for round 32. He had the game-high 51 points adding six rebounds for Xinjiang FT in his team's victory, helping them to beat Jiangsu D. (#12, 12-18) 112-102. [read more]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Celtics' extensive injuries have left gaps in the lineup. Rivers said they now have to stop focusing on filling specific positions and look for an all-around player to join the team, while keeping the active players motivated. With Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger and Leandro Barbosa all out, it gives other players a chance to step up.

"You got to coach to the guys that are playing, you just have to," said Rivers. "You have to get the guys that are playing to understand that you expect to win still and that there are no changes."

As for trading and picking up new players, Rivers said, "we can't look at one position anymore. That's what we were doing, now we're looking at players. We need players ... If I had my perfect guard for this group right now, it would be a guard who can play multiple positions and that could shoot. We're just looking for the best available player now."

Is Fab Melo that player?

"I don't think he's ready yet. I think he's really working on it, but he's not ready yet," Rivers said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Sebastian Telfair

Picture_2_medium

Telfair is not the only guy on Boston's radar, but he might be the best of the bunch. The question, I guess, is the second-round pick in return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Bill Simmons of ESPN and Grantland tweeted this yesterday:

“My 1st choice for Boston’s Barbosa replacement: our old friend Bassy Telfair. Quality back–up PG, great teammate, and underrated defensive pest.”

According to NBA Rumors, the Suns have indeed been shopping Telfair. The Suns are seeking a deal in which the Suns would get a second-round draft choice in exchange for Telfair. Telfair’s name has been in the trade rumors for some time now, and with the Celtics back-court absolutely depleted, they are definitely working the phone lines to bring in some reinforcements.

Telfair is on the final year of his contract and he’s set to make 1.56 million dollars this season which this a very ideal situation for a high payroll team like the Boston Celtics. With the Celtics in their current situation, a second-round draft choice doesn’t hold much to them whereas Telfair would. Telfair would be quality back-up point guard off the bench who is a nasty defender, and an improved shooter. Stick and stay with SunNGun.com for any news or updates.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Here’s the trade scenario:

Phoenix Suns receives: Evan Turner(From PHI) and a future second-round draft choice from(BOS). 

Philadelphia 76ers receives: Brandon Bass(From BOS), Fab Melo(From BOS) and a future first-round draft choice(Top 10 protected) from(BOS). 

Boston Celtics receives: Marcin Gortat(From PHX), and Sebastian Telfair(From PHX).

———————————————————————————————————————————

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

• Danny Ainge: We have a tough week ahead of us when it comes to personnel decisions

WEEI Boston "Making his weekly appearance on “The Big Show” Thursday afternoon, Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge discussed a number of topics, including how the team plans to try and replace the production of Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger and Leandro Barbosa, all three of whom have gone..." February 15

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

• Danny Ainge: We have a tough week ahead of us when it comes to personnel decisions

WEEI Boston "Making his weekly appearance on “The Big Show” Thursday afternoon, Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge discussed a number of topics, including how the team plans to try and replace the production of Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger and Leandro Barbosa, all three of whom have gone..." February 15

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Mike James?