Dallas could get swept, Seriously!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Dallas could get swept, Seriously!

Dirk is going to get done!

I hate to say it. Miami is just on another level defense-wise.

Thanks for playing Dallas. Hope you had fun.

I am pulling for you, but I am a realist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Dallas could get swept, Seriously!

I could not agree with you more.  I, too, am pulling for Dallas but Miami is playing out of its mind right now.  It would be nice after the Finals to look back and be able to point out areas that Dallas took advantage of in defeating Miami.  I sure hope it ends like that.  I'd love nothing more than to see Dallas win.

HOWEVER, to beat Miami, you have to play FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES.  You have to close and you have to be composed enough to win it deep in the 4th quarter.  As much as Miami gets calls, they won it with jump shots (no fouls assistance needed).  They hit jump shot after jump shot -- contested too.  Then, more impressively, they locked down the Bulls.  They could not get ANY good looks.

Miami seems to have figured it out.  They can sweep Dallas.  I hope not and I doubt it but they definitely can.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I'm rooting for Dirk too but I disagree with you guys.  I think it's gonna be a tough series.  Miami has not had to guard a guy like Dirk.  The toughest challenge for LeQueen has been Pierce, but Pierce is not playing on the same level as Dirk right now.  Dallas also has incredible depth which Miami doesn't, and I think they match-up well defensively: Marion-LeQueen, Kidd-Wade, Chandler-Bosh.  If Miami wins I think it takes at least 6 or 7 games.
    Go Dallas!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Dallas could get swept, Seriously!:
    [QUOTE]I'm rooting for Dirk too but I disagree with you guys.  I think it's gonna be a tough series.  Miami has not had to guard a guy like Dirk.  The toughest challenge for LeQueen has been Pierce, but Pierce is not playing on the same level as Dirk right now.  Dallas also has incredible depth which Miami doesn't, and I think they match-up well defensively: Marion-LeQueen, Kidd-Wade, Chandler-Bosh.  If Miami wins I think it takes at least 6 or 7 games. Go Dallas!!
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

The Heat are finally going to play a team with a very good and big front court and a great offense.  Not sure a sweep is in order.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas could get swept, Seriously! : The Heat are finally going to play a team with a very good and big front court and a great offense.  Not sure a sweep is in order.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I think if Lebron shuts down Dirk, it's over for Dallas because they are not going to be able to handle DWade AND Lebron.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I'm rooting for Dirk too but I disagree with you guys.  I think it's gonna be a tough series.  Miami has not had to guard a guy like Dirk.  The toughest challenge for LeQueen has been Pierce, but Pierce is not playing on the same level as Dirk right now.  Dallas also has incredible depth which Miami doesn't, and I think they match-up well defensively: Marion-LeQueen, Kidd-Wade, Chandler-Bosh.  If Miami wins I think it takes at least 6 or 7 games. Go Dallas!!
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Not sure what happened to him, but Dirk is playing incredible and Dallas has a great bench.  I also believe it will be a 6 or 7 game series. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]When it comes to predictions DaCeltics is Rick Pitino. He said the Knicks would tie the Celts at 2-2 when the Knicks return to MSG. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I express my view on the odds of something occuring as being greater or less than.
    I don't gaurantee anything I can't control.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

DALLAS might sweep the HEAT. The NBA can't afford to let either team sweep. It will go 7.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]If the refs continue to not call anything on Queen James, it is indeed over.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much positive he is top 5 to 10 in least foul calls per game in history per 48 minutes and you can't even hand check anymore. Nobody has ever got his treatment, MJ, Magic, Bird etc..not even close. There was a stretch on the Cavs a few years ago were he committed less than 1 foul a game for a month and zero fouls for 6 games straight hahahah. Funny stuff. Obviously he's a great player and you add by far the most preferential treatment in the last 20 years. Good luck.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Somebody on Dallas, probably Dirk, will get his points.  However, that's not going to be enough to beat Miami.  Dallas will have to get alot more from Marion and Kidd to beat Miami than they are possibly capable of providing.

Kidd played Westbrook tough although Westbrook scored when he wanted.  I can see Kidd playing Wade tough but, in the end, Kidd will be no match for Wade.  Marion will hope to make it tough for Lebron but he is no match for Lebron.

I don't see Dallas' defense like I do Miami's.  Dallas has Chandler, Marion and Kidd but neither is an offensive threat.  If Miami has to defend Dirk and Terry only (not much attention paid to Chandler, Marion and Kidd), ADVANTAGE Miami.  Guys like Peja and Mike Miller and Berea and Bibby/Chalmers will cancel each other.

It's going to be a whole lot easier for Wade, Lebron and Bosh to minimize Marion, Kidd and Dirk's effect than it will be for them to minimize the effect of Wade, Lebron and Bosh.  That's what it's going to boil down to.

When Peja and Berea step on the court (defensively), ADVANTAGE Miami.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You guys make some good points. Money!

Typically the refs will make Dirk untouchable at home and Wade and Lebron untouchable at home leading to a long series.

However, if the refs should call it fairly, it should be a sweep by Miami.

( Then again, Wade's body slam of Rondo was'nt even reviewed, sooo...
    How's he going to get the suspension he deserved when it's considered out of the question?
    How does Artest get suspended for a love tap that did'nt even leave a bruise and Wade gets away with an almost career threatening body slam?)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rico,
    Humor aside one thing everyone on this BB is sure of is you are not a Celtic fan.

But you know that.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Anyone who thinks the Miami bench will cancel out the Dallas bench is a slow learner. 
    Dallas brings their 2nd best scorer off the bench and their spark plug. Dallas also has a secret weapon off the bench who barely played in the playoffs.

Watch out for a Corey Brewer. Hes a great defensive player who sparked them a game against the Lakers. 

The Maverick plan is too keep the game close with their starters,and win with their bench.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks the Miami bench will cancel out the Dallas bench is a slow learner.  Dallas brings their 2nd best scorer off the bench and their spark plug. Dallas also has a secret weapon off the bench who barely played in the playoffs.   Watch out for a Corey Brewer. Hes a great defensive player who sparked them a game against the Lakers.    The Maverick plan is too keep the game close with their starters,and win with their bench.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

What will be new for Barea and Peja will be solid vigorous defense that they have not yet faced when they check in.

They will provide limited support this series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

Pitio is right up there with Queen James. Both are useless. Noway the Mavericks get swept. Only if Pitino was coach and gutted the team like he did before. anyway the mavericks know how to play fast, tough inside and score from anywhere. Miami will sink and land back to reality. All comments welcome.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

Dallas in seven - size and depth will wear down Miami in the end.

It's fun watching Barea play - I don't see Chalmers or Bibby stopping him from getting where he wants to go and causing problems that lead to Miami foul trouble.

After Westbrook, Kidd's gonna feel like Wade is playing in slow motion...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Amazingly, if you force Miami to be a jump shooting team...they still beat you. That makes it really tough fro Dallas. Hopefully Miami will let the game become a shootout and this will give Dallas a fair chance...

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

No sweep the teams are very different but both are good.  Dallas can win without big nights from Dirk, but Dirk will peresent a different challenge for the queen.  If the game is called fairly I think Dallas has a chance to win it all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

There will be no sweep, either way. It's going to be a dogfight. Dirk has vengeance on his mind. He won't let this one get away. Probably the best PF to play the game. My bet is on the Mavs.