Dallas could get swept, Seriously!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Dallas could get swept, Seriously!

Dirk and Jason Terry won't be enough.  Berea and Peja are going to be such defensive liabilities that I'm not sure they will have much of an opportunity to contribute as in previous series.

Dirk is playing as well as Lebron but his points are NOT going to come as easy in the Finals.  He is really going to have to work to get his.  I doubt very seriously you will see Dirk dropping 40 against Miami.  The Heat have the players who can give Dirk trouble.  Bosh always plays him tough.  Lebron is very capable of playing him too.  Then you add Haslem who is a tough veteran defender who knows he will have help once Dirk makes a move.  And then finally, Joel Anthony might play some minutes on him too.  That can wear a player down!

I don't think Dirk has seen a defense as stifling as Miami's.  Miami tends to make things tough on the best offensive threats (see D Rose).  I just don't think Dirk will be as effective against the many defenders that Miami plans to throw at him.  And if Dirk is unable to do what he's done thus far, that will make thing tougher on everybody else and I'm not sure they will step up.

Guys like Barea and Peja won't have the space to do what they did against LA and OKC, teams not known for defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: Dallas could get swept, Seriously!:
    The Heat are like the Lakers and don't have any pgs who will be hard for Barea to guard.
    Peja can also guard Mike Miller.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Dallas has too much firepower IMO. If LeBron covers Dirk, Dirk will shoot over him all day. Who is going to cover Marion then? Bosh? I don't think so.

Kidd and Barea are going to give Miami fits. Kidd is much smarter and crarftier than Rondo and Rose.

If the Mavs put Barea, Terry, Peja, Marion and Dirk on the court, it's going to create some serious problems for the Heat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

BiasLewis, are you serious?  Miami will counter with Bosh, Wade, Lebron, Haslem and Miller.  Major advantage Miami!  The lineup you propose has very little defense (no interior defense vs a team that attacks the rim like Miami, no way) and NO REBOUNDING.  Who will Berea guard?  Who will Terry guard?  Who will Dirk guard?  Lebron will check Dirk "sometimes" but guarding Dirk will be by committee.  Bosh will be checking Dirk most times, which he's quite capable of doing.  Dirk aint dropping 40 on Miami.  But keep this in mind too, Dirk "aint no defensive wiz either" so Dirk will have to guard Bosh.

Kidd is much smarter and craftier but that only takes you so far.  Bottom line, Wade will have his way against Kidd.  Wade offense is far superior that the smarts and craftiness of Kidd.

But the main reason is TEAM DEFENSE.  Dallas has not seen team defense played the way Miami plays it.  Nor, has Dallas seen the athletes Miami has.  Durant, Westbrook and Harden got what they wanted when they wanted.  They were just too experienced and made way too many mistakes down the stretch -- and Dirk took over.  That won't happen against Miami.

FUNNY THING IS -- I hope Dallas wins but, realistically, Miami is a beast right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas could get swept, Seriously! : Thanks for bringing up those stats. I can't even watch his games anymore, it makes me so mad. He takes at least three steps without dribbling everytime he touches the ball.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    I cannot watch him play. I liked Wade that time he led them to a ring, but that was a long time ago. I might watch to see Dirk. I like his game. One of the few players in the NBA that I enjoy. I guess I'm not a basketball fan, just a Celts fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]BiasLewis, are you serious?  Miami will counter with Bosh, Wade, Lebron, Haslem and Miller.  Major advantage Miami!  The lineup you propose has very little defense (no interior defense vs a team that attacks the rim like Miami, no way) and NO REBOUNDING.  Who will Berea guard?  Who will Terry guard?  Who will Dirk guard?  Lebron will check Dirk "sometimes" but guarding Dirk will be by committee.  Bosh will be checking Dirk most times, which he's quite capable of doing.  Dirk aint dropping 40 on Miami.  But keep this in mind too, Dirk "aint no defensive wiz either" so Dirk will have to guard Bosh. Kidd is much smarter and craftier but that only takes you so far.  Bottom line, Wade will have his way against Kidd.  Wade offense is far superior that the smarts and craftiness of Kidd. But the main reason is TEAM DEFENSE.  Dallas has not seen team defense played the way Miami plays it.  Nor, has Dallas seen the athletes Miami has.  Durant, Westbrook and Harden got what they wanted when they wanted.  They were just too experienced and made way too many mistakes down the stretch -- and Dirk took over.  That won't happen against Miami. FUNNY THING IS -- I hope Dallas wins but, realistically, Miami is a beast right now.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Well said. Dayum! The Heat is...ON!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I have Dallas winning in 6.

Miami has had a lot of heroics from Lebron.  Dallas has had a lot of heroics, too, but from a wider variety of players.   So, I am with Bias - Miami will be able to stop some of the Mavs but at some point, they will have a player just go off on Bibby and Chalmers.   Between Terry, Berea, and Peja, Dallas has more weapons outside of the starters that will give Miami fits.   Miami has GREAT D, but Dallas has a lot of weapons to counteract the great D.

In addition, Chandler is like Noah but more offensively talented.  I think he will give Dallas a better presence inside than the Bulls had and is better than Anthony.

But in the end, the series will come down to two things:  (a) will Lebron keep getting all those calls and (b)  whether or not Wade can step up better than he did against the Bulls.  Lebron will be a beast.  But, will wade be able to hit a jumper and stop losing the ball?   If so, Miami looks great but if not, they won't be able to counter the better offense that Dallas has.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The whole world wants Miami to Lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I disagree. Miami beat Chicago because the DRose was the Bulls only scoring option. It didn't help the Bulls that they did not have any size in the middle. Dallas can play defense, they are loaded with shooters, and they have size in the middle. Bosh cannot stop Nowitski, who has been an absolute beast. It'll be close but Dallas will overwhelm the Heat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

What a great block! Is Kobe really that old? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

The Mavs play defense too! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Mavs in 6. Mavs own every matchup, did you sweep guys even watch The LAL or OKC series. The Mavs are playing better than anyone right and have been since the last month of the regular season.Marions defence in the clutch has been some of the best in a long long time,I never knew he had it in him. The Mavs collapse and get very physical inside and have no qualms about making this a brawl,these are not the same Mavs that got beat by the heat. The Heat are now the team of prima donnas who rely on the affection of the refs when things get physical and Carlisle is the guy to lose a player or two to suspension to send a message or worse. Wade tries his cheap shot hacking this series he may not be playing at the end of it,ask the Lakers bigs. Bynum was getting his face slapped so bad he had to hack the littlest guy on the team. The Mavs are physically and mentally tough. The only way the Heat sweep is if Sterns steps in as he has in the past. So seriously, NO they're not going to sweep. Mavs win series.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Dallas in 6 because it's their turn.  Look at the FT differential in the first game.  Very likely whoever gets that stat will go on to win the series.  Look for a game where the officials are heavilly involved both ways to slow the game down.  Both teams will shoot a lot of ft's, but dallas will shoot 10+ more I'm guessing. 

Anyway, BOTH teams come in shooting a lot of freethrows.  It will be interesting to see which gives.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah and I'm from NY & Boston as well as San Antonio and Dallas ... Hahaha, what a smuk you are. " I'm not OK with 34 staying after his Perk post....  and I have made that quite clear in several posts."
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Fierce digging up old posts is annoying, but he's right, you're just making accusations and allegations. You say a lot of things but you have no proof to backup your case.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas could get swept, Seriously! : that's not my post ... that's another poster from the board ... you asked for proof that you promised to stop posting if Perk was traded and there it is ... from the keyboard of another poster ... what more does anyone need?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're familiar with the law but saying that you got that from another poster on this board is what is called heresay. It would really help your case if you can provide evidence. Just saying.