Daniels or Barnes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Daniels or Barnes

A statement was made late last night that "the vast majority of Celtics fans would agree Matt Barnes is better than Marquis Daniels."  Naturally, it was made by a lakers fan.  I'm after the facts.  While we would all rather have Josh Howard or Tracy McGrady, that is not the question.  Also, the lakers did improve by adding Barnes, while the Celtics pretty much stayed the same.  Also not the question.  The question is simly this, do you think Barnes is better than Daniels.  I will not have a poll, because those can be slanted.  Celtics fans only, as those were the original parameters.  My vote is- Barnes is not superior to Daniels, and I would rather have Quis (if healthy) than Matt Barnes!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Daniels or Barnes

Barnes hands down. He played valuble minutes in the playoffs and against us in the ECFs.

I almost forgot who Marquis Daniels was for a second there, during the second half of the season into the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Marquis' biggest problem is he can't stay healthy.  He looked good early in the season before he got hurt and then disappeared.  Unfortunately, this has been his track record.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

I remember the Orlando series quite well(Tivo'd) and looking over Barnes play I cant say it was stellar.............Im personally he or we passed him up. MD has more skill and potential, his problem is he tends to play soft/passive at times, and it ends up hurting his game. If he plays within himself in an agressive nature he is a much better player no question.......he has had some of those games too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Barnes has been on 8 teams in 8 seasons.  The Magic had no intention of keeping him, and instead looked to replace him as their first option.  I'm thinking he brings a lot of negatives that maybe you don't see on the stat sheet. 

Quis is a better player if and when healthy; but judging by his track record that's a big if.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

We a need swingman who can hit threes. We have enough slashers. We need a swingman who can spread the floor.

I think that was a major deficiency last season(3pt. shooting off the bench), besides the rebounding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Daniels was a huge disappointment last year. He got hurt and was a big factor in wild swings we had last year.  Barnes seems much more durable and has an attitude that toughens up a team.  Daniels looked like a good choice but his grade for last season was D-.  He might come through this year but the bar is awfully low.  To make out like we got him instead of Barnes and won out is nonsense. Crazy talk actually.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Right now I would say Barnes but if Quis plays like he played for Dallas when they went to the finals against the heat  or like his last year in Indiani then I take Marquis !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Daniels or Barnes:
    Daniels was a huge disappointment last year. He got hurt and was a big factor in wild swings we had last year.  Barnes seems much more durable and has an attitude that toughens up a team.  Daniels looked like a good choice but his grade for last season was D-.  He might come through this year but the bar is awfully low.  To make out like we got him instead of Barnes and won out is nonsense. Crazy talk actually.
    Posted by concord27

Truer words were NEVER typed!

Daniels is SO overrated in my opinion. I even saw him yawning on the bench one time.

He just looks lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Daniels or Barnes : Truer words were NEVER typed! Daniels is SO overrated in my opinion. I even saw him yawning on the bench one time. He just looks lost.
    Posted by Waynestarr

He is not overated. Watch him when he is on top of his game... he can be a real contributor. He can play the 1,2 or 3  not many who can do that. On the other hand he is just so injurie prone! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Daniels or Barnes : He is not overated. Watch him when he is on top of his game... he can be a real contributor. He can play the 1,2 or 3  not many who can do that. On the other hand he is just so injurie prone! 
    Posted by MichBelgium

Watch him when he is on the top of his game?? How long ago was that? Even at the beginning of the season, I wouldn't consider him at the top of his game.

He's too injury prone to be a factor on a championship contending team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I believe in second chances.  Why has Barnes been on 8 teams in 8 years?  Give Daniels a chance, he was good until he got hurt. If anything, comparing him to Barnes is a wash!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

TA wasn't exactly on top of his game during 2009 was he?. 

Daniels had good moments last season.  He will get a chance to show us what he's got.  The FO thinks he can do it, we'll see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

TA wasn't exactly on top of his game during 2009 was he?.  Daniels had good moments last season.  He will get a chance to show us what he's got.  The FO thinks he can do it, we'll see.
    Posted by croc

Exactly - TA was not in the rotation in 2008, and was given a 2 year deal. He did nothing in 2009, and then blossomed in 2010.  Same thing for Quis this year!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Daniels is better. What has Barnes done to win people over this board? Look what Daniels has done in Dallas and Indiana. I say Daniels just had TA over him and his confidence went down..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Barnes is better then Daniels. Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Okay guys BE GLAD WE HAVE HIM OUR BENCH WAS EMPTY BEFORE AND WE COULD DO WORSE! :-) We don't lose a thing after yeah he might be gone...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

D-A-N-I-E-L-S..........BEAT L. A. & BARNES............