Danny Ainge and the trade deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Danny Ainge and the trade deadline

This is an interesting story from one GM's dealings with Ainge.
    Maybe Ainge purposely didn't want to make a move but maybe he was looking for too much for his players.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/03/15/danny-ainge-drawing-ire-of-at-least-one-nba-gm/

“I’m through,” the unnamed GM told FOX Sports’ Sam Amico. “Done dealing with (Celtics’) Danny Ainge. Bleep him.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline

As already mentioned, there's little doubt this is true. Poor Danny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Danny Ainge and the trade deadline:
    [QUOTE]This is an interesting story from one GM's dealings with Ainge. Maybe Ainge purposely didn't want to make a move but maybe he was looking for too much for his players. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/03/15/danny-ainge-drawing-ire-of-at-least-one-nba-gm/ “I’m through,” the unnamed GM told FOX Sports’ Sam Amico . “Done dealing with (Celtics’) Danny Ainge. Bleep him.”
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

I mentioned a similar thing on another post yesterday and someone reacted like how do I know what offers were?  All I know is that I heard Danny was asking way too much which in the end makes me believe that he wasnt serious about doing deals....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : I mentioned a similar thing on another post yesterday and someone reacted like how do I know what offers were?  All I know is that I heard Danny was asking way too much which in the end makes me believe that he wasnt serious about doing deals....
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219837/Ainge_Explored_Trades_As_Both_Buyer_Seller

I will believe what HE said about it over someone who hates the Celtics!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

So this story is based on one unnamed gm?

Fascinating.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219837/Ainge_Explored_Trades_As_Both_Buyer_Seller I will believe what HE said about it over someone who hates the Celtics!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Of course Ainge explored trades as a buyer and a seller.
    I bet all 30 teams did...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]So this story is based on one unnamed gm? Fascinating.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Boston media felt it was worthy of writing about...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : Boston media felt it was worthy of writing about...

You're educated right?  Media thinks everything controversial is worth writing about.  When the source is one unnamed gm?  Who cares?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : You're educated right?  Media thinks everything controversial is worth writing about.  When the source is one unnamed gm?  Who cares?

So, to you that means this never happened?
    Good luck with that...
    I heard that same thing via twitter yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : You're educated right?  Media thinks everything controversial is worth writing about.  When the source is one unnamed gm?  Who cares?

If you think you can argue with him and prove anything to him, guess again!!  After "Gina" left, this guy came on here and promised to be more respectful of the Celtics and their fans....................it's working out so well, I put him on ignore for his racial comments about Red!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : So, to you that means this never happened? Good luck with that... I heard that same thing via twitter yesterday.

Ugh.  No it means if one unnamed gm doesn't want to do deals with Danny Ainge who cares?  

It means if one person at his job gets angry enough to say something in front of a reporter who cares?

It means that I am sure most gms have at least one gm in the NBA they don't like dealing with.

It means that an unnamed source in no way means that this is indicative of something that is a trend league wide.

I feel kind of bad for you that I had to explain all that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

If I was on ignore, you wouldn't even see this thread that I started.
    Good try though!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : Ugh.  No it means if one unnamed gm doesn't want to do deals with Danny Ainge who cares?   It means if one person at his job gets angry enough to say something in front of a reporter who cares? It means that I am sure most gms have at least one gm in the NBA they don't like dealing with. It means that an unnamed source in no way means that this is indicative of something that is a trend league wide. I feel kind of bad for you that I had to explain all that.

Please explain this to Gina:

http://www.synonym.com/definition/ignore/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i dont understand why everyone is so critical..wait till the buyouts..then complain.

all DA has done so far is keep a core thats been playing well, together. while maintaining flexibility going into the summer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : Boston media felt it was worthy of writing about...

Exactly!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : Ugh.  No it means if one unnamed gm doesn't want to do deals with Danny Ainge who cares?   It means if one person at his job gets angry enough to say something in front of a reporter who cares? It means that I am sure most gms have at least one gm in the NBA they don't like dealing with. It means that an unnamed source in no way means that this is indicative of something that is a trend league wide. I feel kind of bad for you that I had to explain all that.

I'm not saying every GM feels the same about Ainge.
    The only negative thing that came across the wire negative about a GM was about Ainge.

Was the reason why Boston didn't make any moves because he was asking too much? We might find out soon. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : I'm not saying every GM feels the same about Ainge. The only negative thing that came across the wire negative about a GM was about Ainge. Was the reason why Boston didn't make any moves because he was asking too much? We might find out soon. 

Oh I think he probably was.  

I am just saying a story about some unnamed gm being mad at Ainge doesn't have any bearing on anything at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : I'm not saying every GM feels the same about Ainge. The only negative thing that came across the wire negative about a GM was about Ainge. Was the reason why Boston didn't make any moves because he was asking too much? We might find out soon. 

so wat if he was asking too much? who cares?

if someone calls and asks for Kobe, Mitch is gunna say sure, just get us a 4 team trade that brings us Kevin Durant, CP3 and Rudy Gay, and we will give up Kobe.

thats wat a gm does, if they dont wanna give up a player u ask for a super amount, then either way you win. if they say no, you keep ur player. yes? u just made a great deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : Oh I think he probably was.   I am just saying a story about some unnamed gm being mad at Ainge doesn't have any bearing on anything at all.

Of course it does. How much of a bearing is another matter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/219837/Ainge_Explored_Trades_As_Both_Buyer_Seller I will believe what HE said about it over someone who hates the Celtics!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Are you saying I hate the Celtics?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : Are you saying I hate the Celtics?
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

NO, of course not - I'm saying the guy who posted it at the beginning of this thread does!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : Of course it does. How much of a bearing is another matter.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Of course it does why?  What if it isn't true?  What if the "unnamed GM" was just angry and said something in the moment?  What if 5 minutes later he got back on the phone and called Ainge back because he only said it because he was angry?  What if the "unnamed gm" was the one asking for too much and he got angry because Ainge wouldn't bite?  the whole story is based on one comment that one guy  (we don't know who) supposedly made (without wanting to be quoted) without anyone even knowing the context  (Maybe it was someone wanting to trade a second round pick for Ray Allen).

This thread is killing me.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge and the trade deadline : Of course it does why?  What if it isn't true?  What if the "unnamed GM" was just angry and said something in the moment?  What if 5 minutes later he got back on the phone and called Ainge back because he only said it because he was angry?  What if the "unnamed gm" was the one asking for too much and he got angry because Ainge wouldn't bite?  the whole story is based on one comment that one guy  (we don't know who) supposedly made (without wanting to be quoted) without anyone even knowing the context  (Maybe it was someone wanting to trade a second round pick for Ray Allen). This thread is killing me.    

Thanks Snake for explaining this to posters. ONE unamed source said something about Danny and it was ran with 100 times. So now it looks like every GM said Danny was to greedy when I only saw the one. Was there more I missed? Everyone seems to think they know all the details when in reality they don't know any more about it than you or I. We have no idea if Danny fielded calls on Rondo or placed them. What is he going to say, "I made several calls trying to work a deal for rondo, but I guess I was asking to much for him" You would think by all the rumors floating around about everyone that people would figure out on the internet anyone can say anything without any proof. I may even be wrong about Dwight fliip flopping but he never denied it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ainge does not come off as a difficult man to talk to.  Ainge is not a rude guy.  He may not waver in his requests but what GM should not be that way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Larry Bird said Ainge offered him Ray, but he wanted Tyler Hansborough and a #1 pick............that IS pretty steep, but Red always said, "if you want you have to give."