DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP

Need I say more?. This inept chose to ignore that Shaq is 400 pounds heavy and 40 years old. And how is Tony Allen doing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP

In Response to DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP:
    [QUOTE]Need I say more?. This inept chose to ignore that Shaq is 400 pounds heavy and 40 years old. And how is Tony Allen doing?
    Posted by DavidB1[/QUOTE]

What's so funny is that the last two years, most of the people on this board were calling Danny Ainge a genius. He needed McHale to "give him" KG and the rest of his trades have been weak at best.

He ain't no Jerry West or Mitch Kupchak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

It's always hard to win a championship, always.  Danny Ainge engineered a championship and deserves credit.  What did Jerry West or Mitch Kupchak do to make them paragons? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP:
    [QUOTE]In Response to DANNY AINGE = HEAT MVP : What's so funny is that the last two years, most of the people on this board were calling Danny Ainge a genius. He needed McHale to "give him" KG and the rest of his trades have been weak at best. He ain't no Jerry West or Mitch Kupchak.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]
    Buddy, I don't know what board you have been getting on but it hasn't been this one. I have seen most of the people on this board being critical of Ainge's decisions especially after that beat-down of the Lakers. I guess some people (you) are just seeing what you want to see. No Mitch Kupchak would never be "given" any star players would he? No. that would never happen!! I hope you know I am joking (Gasol from Memphis).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

I wonder what it will take for those who still defend the trade to accept reality. This team can barely keep the game close for 3 quarters against a true championship contender. Ainge basically traded away a championship for a mediocre role player who's not a small forward neither a power forward. And who cares if Perkins was gone next year, there probably won't be a next year and Garnett might have also retired by then.

And this is also the first time since 2008 that this team is facing a 2 game deficit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is a two game deficit not three.  It is surmountable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

#17 and counting...yeah, right...only way we see 18 is if the lakers give us one of theirs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

cfan,
    You're a fraud.  You are no more a celtic fan than Rico.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

The people who supported the trade and still defend it to this day, are just the most stubborn folks ever.  It will take a 4-game sweep at the hands of the Heat (which is not far off now BTW) for the light bulb to go off in their heads.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

The perk trade was an absolute disaster,  BUT danny is a very very good gm.  Think of all the talent he drafted...  he needed that to trade for kg.  he is a good gm, he just made 1 seriously bad trade.

PS the injury to kg cost them at least 1 championship

give danny a break nobody is correct 100% of the time.

the celtics are a little old now, they need dwight howard badly!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdodson88. Show rdodson88's posts

After the Heat sweep us in four games I wish LeBron would publicly thank danny ainge for making everyone else's life easier. I dont care if perkins didnt have the best stats in the world, its his presence in the paint that the "soft" celtics need now as they constantly get pushed around down low. DA traded away a close member of a tight knit family and I dont think the C's will ever recover from this one.

Thanks DA for ruining it for all of us. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Danny Ainge is the biggest imbecile of all gms! he blew up a first place team that no one could beat in a seven game series; he destroyed ubuntu and he decimated the roster and filled it with slow weak scrubs like troy murphy, kristic, and green.
    he had tony allen and perkins and an intense defensive mind set, and he tried to get offense, and it totally backfired, because this team used to have its identity on defense.

I hate Danny Ainge!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

To: Danny Ainge

I told you not to bet the house on Shaq!  Why did you think I traded him!  LAZY and never in shape! Good luck in the lottery!!!

P.S. I put 2 Finals Tickets at will call for u!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetimefan. Show lifetimefan's posts

When Marquis Daniels had injury, a wing player, no one back up paul and ray.  no one guarding lebron and kobe when paul and ray on the bench.  Celtics really needs back up wing player during playoffs.  Jeff Green fills up this gap which is Tony Allen / James Posey type of player.  Celtics hope he would be a future starter after big 3 era.   I understand Danny bet on the heath of Shaq with back up by JON and Krstic.   This is what I read the mind of Danny.  However, the first two games, Jeff still tries to find his best contribution spot.  And it showed improvement at game 2.  I hope he will continue to improve game 3.  Without him and with Marquis out, Paul and Ray can't play 45 min. each game during playoffs.  Krstic still can't find his spot.  I hope once Shaq jump in game 3, we will see the different Celtics team.  Let's pray for healthy Celtics !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

i wanted to believe that shaq would come back strong and we would win banner 18, but i have given up on shaq. he's done and its time to retire

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetimefan. Show lifetimefan's posts

we have to believe that Shaq step in game 3.  Our big 4 play Celtics championship style.  Our benches step up; hopefully Von Wafer would add another surprise to the Heat.  We will blow out the Heat on Saturday night fever.  GO CELTICS !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

And without any of the trades, we would have been better last night?  With Perkins not playing center, because he's on the bench with fouls and unable to contribute on offense and Von Wafer is forced to guard Lebron because of Pierce's foot problems.  Or Pierce has to play 45 minutes?  Let's not forget Von or Ray guarding Lebron in game one after Pierce gets tossed.

Are you people just stupid???

PA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

And by the way Tony Allen 9pts. 3 rebs. - Durant 26pts. and 5 rebs.

Perkins 2pts. 5 rebs.  Marc Gasol 13pts. 10rebs. 5blks.

Oh, also Jeff Green 11pts. 4rebs. 2stls. one of the few C's with a plus.

Jermaine O'Neal 8pts. 9rebs. omly starter without a BIG minus.

But Perk would have done better playing with C's.

Idiots!!!

PA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Danny Ainge is the biggest imbecile of all gms! he blew up a first place team that no one could beat in a seven game series; he destroyed ubuntu and he decimated the roster and filled it with slow weak scrubs like troy murphy, kristic, and green. he had tony allen and perkins and an intense defensive mind set, and he tried to get offense, and it totally backfired, because this team used to have its identity on defense.  I hate Danny Ainge!!!!
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

Great post.  Although, I do think that Green will be a good player for this team in the future.  He isn't nearly as helpful as TA would have been if he was still with the Celtics.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We're not missing Perk ... hes not gonna stop Lebrons or Wades dunk or even grab the rebounds that are bouncing right into the HEat players hands...

Have you been watching Perk at all during the playoffs??? Even against the Grizz, hes getting his butt kicked... last night 2 pts 5 boards in 30+ mins... Gasol & Randolph own the paint..

and how did Danny blow up a first place team??? We were in first place without Perk... the guy played a total of 12 games for the C's this season. We were doing just fine, in fact lots better than fine without him. We were beating the elite teams at a better rate than any other team in the NBA..

Perks an easy excuse but its not the correct one. We needed a healthy Shaq and that didnt happen... IF Perk was still here and Shaq has the same injury...guess what?? We'd still be down 0-2 to the Heat.

Perk will have a career as a journeyman or low impact role player.. something 1 or 2 levels below what a Ben Wallace was.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

J,

TA was gone when the season started.  Marquis was actually fine until the injury.  That's what prompted the trade. 

And just a thought if we want to give Krstic some minutes to lighten the load, put him on Ilgauskas to start the game.  Not to punish Jermaine, he's been great, but to utilize Krstic against a better match up.  Oh wait that's coaching.  We don't have that once the game starts.

PA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Utter non-sense!!!

The trade of Perkins isn't the issue with this team, 5 rebounds a game isn't the difference maker. I would make this trade again in a heart beat! The problem is DOC RIVERS! He has made this trade look bad because he refuses to adjust his system for the players Danny brought in. Doc Rivers let these players sit on the bench for most of the second half of the season while the "big three" got even older. Kristic was averaging a double double when he first got here because he just played. Now the kid looks at the bench to see when Doc is going to start screeming at him.  Green isn't a power forward, he should always be backing up Paul or Ray not Garnett! Davis isn't a center but Doc keeps putting him out there for way to many minutes. The Baby guy is killing us! So before we take the easy way out and blame the trade, watch the game!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

paul,

He just doesn't get it.  Great coaches can adjust to the talents that they have.  Or to the situation on the court.

I am puzzled how Doc can come up with fabulous in-bounds plays, but can't make adjustments to the trends in a given game.  I thought that we would be better prepared after the week off.  It was a good time to practice and figure out how to utilize the talent.

PA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

It can be argued either way about the Perk trade, both sides make legitimate points.

I think the trade was bad because of one thing: CHEMISTRY

When Perk was traded, the team lost it's swagger, it's edge. Perk won a championship with those guys, and it was quite obvious the team was down after he left. The new pieces aquired just haven't clicked with this team.

Danny Ainge broke the CHEMISTRY of this team, and it's painfully obvious in my opinion. Like I said all along, so what if Perk walks after the season is over...let's win #18 FIRST! That's the main goal. I wouldn't have cared if he left afterwards.

Some posters say we would have lost him for nothing...well, what we got in return hasn't worked, so it really didn't matter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

[QUOTE]cfan, You're a fraud.  You are no more a celtic fan than Rico.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

screw you concord...i'm a realist...

Sections
Shortcuts