Danny Ainge Moron At Large

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Danny Ainge Moron At Large

the man has not made a good move since his friend MCHale handed us KG. He has drafted poorly with Lester Hudson, J.R. Giddens, and Bradley, and missing on Dejuan Blair and DeAndre Jordan who were available for Danny to take while he amassed a collection of weak guards who could not play. He gave away our best perimeter defenders in Posey and Allen and did not realize that they were worth the money because perimeter defense against the likes of Kobe, Lebron, and Dwade is what helps win championships. He went crazy giving Walker away for Robinson and then jettisoned Robinson in his recent garage sale where he picked up an overrated swing man in Green and weak defensive center in Kristic and he gave away the best post defender in Perkins and was misguided in believing that an ancient overweight Shaq could do the job. 
     Danny Ainge got lucky with the Garnett deal but do not be fooled by 2008. The majority of DA's moves are completely boneheaded , and he will run this franchise into the ground soon if he is not stopped.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

Re: Danny Ainge Moron At Large

He turned me into a newt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LRDRK. Show LRDRK's posts

bramrok is the moron

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Not sure why I am responding to such a bone headed post but: 

"He gave away our best perimeter defenders in Posey and Allen and did not realize that they were worth the money"

Posey was washed up as soon as he left here and he signed a bloated contract and has not been heard from since. As for Tony Allen, Ainge himself has admitted that this was a possible mistake on his part. Remember Tony Allen's deal was not just about money, it was about playing time, which the Celts couldn't promise him. 

Some of Ainge's recent draft picks don't seem as good but the verdict is still out on some of them as well. 

I've been pretty hard on Ainge for his decisions in the last year but you're taking this way over the top. 

KG wasn't luck by the way, the deals that Ainge cut to get Ray Allen and KG here had everything to do with good draft picks that Ainge made. 

Ainge is on the clock, if he can rebuild on the fly and get us back into contention then he'll have earned his paychecks. We'll see. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenSlime. Show GreenSlime's posts

"Some of Ainge's recent draft picks don't seem as good but the verdict is still out on some of them as well. "

Let's see, there's Bradley, a tweener who can't dribble or shoot, and Rondo, a PG with no outside shot, and Big Baby, an overweight, undersized PF with an inflated opinion of himself. I'd say that Ainge has not shown any ability to uncover new talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I mentioned it in another tread:
    If your best post defender is a 6.1 RPG, 4.5 PPG, 0.8 BPG  guy, you are in trouble. Than you need major talent and athleticism on the other positions. The latter the big three haven't any more. We missed Perkins in game 7 against LA not because he is a great talent (Bynom killed him on one leg) just because we needed another body. ANY 5 would have helped us in that game, after Sheed ran out of gas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge Moron At Large:
    [QUOTE].  KG wasn't luck by the way, the deals that Ainge cut to get Ray Allen and KG here had everything to do with good draft picks that Ainge made. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- DELUSIONAL!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mchale120808

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

FOR THE 20PLUS  YEARS BEFORE DANNY, I can't remember your post, you need to return to those teams and you with your limited basketball knowledge should be happy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Yeah, I'm pining for the days of ML Carr, Rick Pitino and Chris Wallace -- the golden years of Celtics history...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Danny Ainge Moron At Large:
    [QUOTE] the man has not made a good move since his friend MCHale handed us KG. He has drafted poorly with Lester Hudson, J.R. Giddens, and Bradley, and missing on Dejuan Blair and DeAndre Jordan who were available for Danny to take while he amassed a collection of weak guards who could not play. He gave away our best perimeter defenders in Posey and Allen and did not realize that they were worth the money because perimeter defense against the likes of Kobe, Lebron, and Dwade is what helps win championships. He went crazy giving Walker away for Robinson and then jettisoned Robinson in his recent garage sale where he picked up an overrated swing man in Green and weak defensive center in Kristic and he gave away the best post defender in Perkins and was misguided in believing that an ancient overweight Shaq could do the job.   Danny Ainge got lucky with the Garnett deal but do not be fooled by 2008. The majority of DA's moves are completely boneheaded , and he will run this franchise into the ground soon if he is not stopped.
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

I guess that pretty much sums up the Celtics past and future. Laker fans have faith in Kupchak. Most C's fans seem to want Ainge gone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Q,
    The incredible era of laker personnel genius during the Kupchak era is in effect.  No Jerry West you have nothing and by the way that is what you have now.  West moves are no longer in effect.  Unless Stern is still on  the Lakers payroll. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Danny Ainge Moron At Large:
    [QUOTE] the man has not made a good move since his friend MCHale handed us KG. He has drafted poorly with Lester Hudson, J.R. Giddens, and Bradley, and missing on Dejuan Blair and DeAndre Jordan who were available for Danny to take while he amassed a collection of weak guards who could not play. He gave away our best perimeter defenders in Posey and Allen and did not realize that they were worth the money because perimeter defense against the likes of Kobe, Lebron, and Dwade is what helps win championships. He went crazy giving Walker away for Robinson and then jettisoned Robinson in his recent garage sale where he picked up an overrated swing man in Green and weak defensive center in Kristic and he gave away the best post defender in Perkins and was misguided in believing that an ancient overweight Shaq could do the job.   Danny Ainge got lucky with the Garnett deal but do not be fooled by 2008. The majority of DA's moves are completely boneheaded , and he will run this franchise into the ground soon if he is not stopped.
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]
    If you can do better,why d,ont you apply for his job?We had done nothing in 20 years,DA comes on board,makes some moves e the celtics wins #18,one final,and very competitive the others 2 years,injuries prevented us to year #18.Can you do better than that? stop crying and support our team if you are celtics fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Laker fans should have a lot of faith in the big goof Kupchak now that Jerry West is back in the league and only a phone call away up at Golden State!

DA has made some questionable decisions lately but I am willing to give him a chance and see his plans to right the C's ship in next couple of pivotal years. Also, when Laker trolls ( I count at least 2 w/in this discussion) are calling for him to get fired, then you know he should stay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

i support the team; i cheer for the green every time they play, but that does not mean i can not criticize management. does anyone think for a moment if DA had drafted DeAndre Jordan (35th pick) instead of J.R. Giddens(30th pick) in 2008 draft , paid TA, and kept Perkins instead of blowing up his first place team late in the system that this year we would not have won the championship? DA overall is a strange GM. He has a fascination with guards like Giddens, Hudson, Bradley, Marcus Banks , Gabe Pruit who are just not that good and he keeps talking about wanting "more offense" instead of understanding how defense wins championships. The Celtics were a monster defensive team and we were better than Miami before the trade of Perkins. It is true that Perkins by himself is not a great player, but he was a perfect fit in the Celtics defensive system. All the people on this board are pining for us to get DeAndre Jordan; well, DA had him right there for the taking but instead opted for the totally useless J.R. Giddens!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

let's not forget the useless string of big men DA has acquired including
    Patrick O'Bryant, Mikki Moore, Shelden Williams, and Troy Murphy? It is a horror show of some of the most inept power forwards the NBA has ever seen!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The moron as this thread is labelled too the Celtics went from the worst record in the league, dropped to fifth in the lottery when it should have been first and had the league's best record with 66 wins the following year.  The team then went on to win a championship against the Lakers beating them by 39 points in the final game.

The moron is the one who started this thread and everyone of you who agreed with him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

some things that were not mentioned-

1) ainge did get glen davis as a throw in on the ray allen trade- i think that was a pretty decent coup.  i know most of you have already shovelled the dirt over davis' existence as a celtic, and most think he was just a horrible fat guy, but the bottom undeniable line is that davis made major contributions to this team for three years that will be very difficult to replace.

2) ainge was at the helm during the classless dismissal of clifford ray- this is yet another story down through time that the boston press shoved to the bottom of the trash can. i found the way ray was handled to be really awful.  the guy had a serious problem with his foot and should have been given the time and the insurance (benefits, imagine that!) to get himself taken care of.  instead we more or less dumped him in a swamp in one of his worse moments.

3) i don't see the wisdom of re-signing doc rivers during a time when the team HAS TO GO YOUNG- doc has never proved himself beyond being an excellent out of bounds play coach.  i still don't know and don't think he's anything more than that.  his roster mismanagement down the stretch this last season was TERRIBLE.  if you're a professional, you work with what you got, don't moan about having no more perkins, who was a slow footed disaster anyway- see the OKC playoff run and in any game you'll see perk dragging that team down horribly.

i can't fault ainge for dumping perkins.  perkins stank and the OKC is probably making a hanging rope for the front office that signed him for 30 million as ibaka emerges and perkins deteriorates.

the letting go of tony allen was a mistake, posey NOT SO MUCH- posey has been cashing checks and not showing up to play ever since, and that was the knock on him part of his time in miami, we were lucky to get the last drops of competence out of the guy.

among ainge's bigger errors at the end of the day was not drafting poorly in low spots but not getting relief for ray allen in 2008, and then not making doc REDUCE ray's minutes ever since. 

and the worst example of modern day talent management i have seen for a while was danny cutting a promo at the end of rondo's rookie year (still under contract 2 or 3 more years!) that rondo was the "starter of the future".  the hissing sound you heard just after that was all incentive for rondo to improve his weak shooting leaving the building.  and guess what?  rajon has NEVER improved because nobody has demanded it of him.  this is a harvard business law case study on "how to make a head case".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Letting Tony Allen go? I remember waiting year after year for TA to get healthy and live up to his potential. He was very injury prone during his stay with the Celtics. If DA had offered him a three year contract and he was hurt again, people would complaining about signing him to such a long contract. Hindsight is always easier.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Ainge has hemmorhoids for brains, and he's a moron!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Letting Tony Allen go? I remember waiting year after year for TA to get healthy and live up to his potential. He was very injury prone during his stay with the Celtics. If DA had offered him a three year contract and he was hurt again, people would complaining about signing him to such a long contract. Hindsight is always easier.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

in least year's playoffs, we don't get past cleveland without tony allen.  he flustered nefarious lebron multiple games and also drove to the hoop for athletic plays galore at the rim.  he did more of the same during the lakers series.

he was better than ray allen was on kobe, the best defender we had to stop dominant 3's even though he was only 6-4 the guy was a major athlete and could do the job. 

if the beef was really about "playing time" then the celts should have given him some of it.  i mean this year more than any other year, ray was ready to wind back the PT to 28 a game instead of 35, 36 minutes a game x 82.  allen was athletic enough to spell ray for 20 minutes and also cover some of pierce's minutes, i think there were 30 minutes a night there for him easily.

the issue with tony was being healthy.  so that meant you had to cover for him with a marquis daniels type of guy being on the roster as well.  was it worth doing that?  danny ainge said no. 

and the flip side of that decision was i don't think tony allen had one injury issue all year long or if he did it wasn't serious and he wasn't out long.  oh well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

As a Laker fan, I think danny ainge is a perfect fit as the celtics GM.  Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]As a Laker fan, I think danny ainge is a perfect fit as the celtics GM. 
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

And no doubt, Rondo is a perfect fit as our starting PG.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny Ainge Moron At Large : And no doubt, Rondo is a perfect fit as our starting PG. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Agreed, a point guard that cannot hit a free throw or any jump shot outside of 5 feet makes a perfect PG for the celtics.

Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts