Danny Ainge post-trade interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Danny Ainge post-trade interview

Danny says what a lot of us were posting (and more) about the Perk-Green trade.
    He makes some good points.  Blame him if he's wrong, standing O if he's right.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/dan_shaughnessy/03/07/ainge/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Danny Ainge post-trade interview

I am on record here questioning why the C's would trade Perk in the middle of the season.  I understand that he might not have been back next year, that the team is arguably better if Shaq is healthy, and that the trade was done for now and for the future.  But I like most of what Perk had to offer, and I thought he was a valuable piece. 

I like Perk.  I wish he was still here.  But I am also a realist, and as a fan who goes to many games I begrudgingly accept the decision Ainge made for all the reasons he states.  Ainge took a calculated gamble, and he know he will either be lauded for being so bold or trashed for breaking up his championship core.  It's wait and see, but so far, so good.

If anything, this team will be unbelievably deep if Shaq and JO have anything to offer.      

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

Perk has stone hands and is a poor free throw shooter. Krstic is at least a  wash. If he is less on defense thna Perk, he has already proven to be a much more talented offensive player.

It is unfair to say that now the season  really depends on a healthy Shaq. That statement is no more or less true than if the trade had not been made.  A foul and injury prone Perk was going to need to be part of healthy center rotation at least as much as Krstic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge post-trade interview:
    [QUOTE]Perk has stone hands and is a poor free throw shooter. Krstic is at least a  wash. If he is less on defense thna Perk, he has already proven to be a much more talented offensive player. It is unfair to say that now the season  really depends on a healthy Shaq. That statement is no more or less true than if the trade had not been made.  A foul and injury prone Perk was going to need to be part of healthy center rotation at least as much as Krstic.
    Posted by rmcd[/QUOTE]

Ainge more or less said the same thing in that article, hence the calculated risk comments.  People will say that if Shaq doesn't come back and contribue to #18 it was a risky and/or bad trade, and Ainge accepts that, which is what any fan wants to hear because to me it says that he knows that Shaq qill be back at the right time.     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge post-trade interview:
    [QUOTE] the team is arguably better if Shaq is healthy, and that the trade was done for now and for the future.   If anything, this team will be unbelievably deep if Shaq and JO have anything to offer.      
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I just posted not so good news regarding Shaq:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It all comes down to who will guard Bynum if we play the Lakers, and will the new look Celtics have enough fire power to overcome the defensive deficit created by Perks absence in the Finals.

We shall see.

Sections
Shortcuts