DANNY AINGE SHOULD BE FLOGGED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 112288. Show 112288's posts

DANNY AINGE SHOULD BE FLOGGED

Danny Ainge will be publicly flogged in the Boston Commons come May. I have my beach chair ready and my cooler and I cannot wait! 

How can you change the chemistry of a team in mid stream and lose one of your core defensive players and heart of the team. Ya I mean Perk! He may not have been the straw that stirred the drink but he was that bit in the beer that brought you back for more. It takes 4 weeks of training camp and about 15 season games to get to know your team mates and get a rhythm so why what made Danny think you can change 1/3 of the team including your starting center and expect to have team chemistry! Danny you own this mistake which should go down as one of the major sports blunders in Boston history!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: DANNY AINGE SHOULD BE FLOGGED

In Response to DANNY AINGE SHOULD BE FLOGGED:
    [QUOTE]Danny Ainge will be publicly flogged in the Boston Commons come May. I have my beach chair ready and my cooler and I cannot wait!  How can you change the chemistry of a team in mid stream and lose one of your core defensive players and heart of the team. Ya I mean Perk! He may not have been the straw that stirred the drink but he was that bit in the beer that brought you back for more. It takes 4 weeks of training camp and about 15 season games to get to know your team mates and get a rhythm so why what made Danny think you can change 1/3 of the team including your starting center and expect to have team chemistry! Danny you own this mistake which should go down as one of the major sports blunders in Boston history! 112288
    Posted by 112288[/QUOTE]

Great post and I defiinitely agree with you.  Team chemistry is very important. It is impossible to expect players to develop as a team this late in the season. 
    It is much different when major trades are made at the beginning of the season.  I already blame Danny for this mess and we still don't know how it will end.  Either way, I thought it was a bad idea. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Agreed. When the Lakers Bulls and heat are celebrating your trade, you probably made a bad move. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Then why was Ainge this lucky mad man who put together a team out of mix and match after he brought in Allen and Garnett.  Was Ainge a genius for only that brief time?  It appears so but maybe we will be surprise again. 

The only downer is Doc who looks defeated already. Check out his post game interview.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 112288. Show 112288's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY AINGE SHOULD BE FLOGGED:
    [QUOTE]Then why was Ainge this lucky mad man who put together a team out of mix and match after he brought in Allen and Garnett.  Was Ainge a genius for only that brief time?  It appears so but maybe we will be surprise again.  The only downer is Doc who looks defeated already. Check out his post game interview.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Danny had Lady Luck on his side and Kevin McHale to give HOF player to him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Danny Ainge will be publicly flogged in the Boston Commons come May. I have my beach chair ready and my cooler and I cannot wait!  How can you change the chemistry of a team in mid stream and lose one of your core defensive players and heart of the team. Ya I mean Perk! He may not have been the straw that stirred the drink but he was that bit in the beer that brought you back for more. It takes 4 weeks of training camp and about 15 season games to get to know your team mates and get a rhythm so why what made Danny think you can change 1/3 of the team including your starting center and expect to have team chemistry! Danny you own this mistake which should go down as one of the major sports blunders in Boston history! 112288
    Posted by 112288[/QUOTE]

I thought the trade was okay. It looked good on paper.

What DA didn't anticipate was Rondo's regression to the near fetal position after the trade... and how that affected the overall team play.

Even I, a serious Rondo critic, was surprised by that level of PG defiance and immaturity.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Paper vs Chemistry ....

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Posted by 112288[/QUOTE]
    thanks for the gloom, 112288. don't you wish you could unburden yourself like this over at sam's?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/25/kendrick-perkins-cries-celtics-in-tears_n_828243.html

Undecided

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Posted by 112288[/QUOTE]

Yes, Yes, great bench we would have had if we kept Perkins. West (out again), Shaq (out), Nate (just returned), Erden (still out) Daniels (done) Harangody (would have never played) Wafer( just returned) ....yep, we would have won with this group!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by 112288[/QUOTE]

They had the best record in the east without him, he played 12 games for them and then he was injured again.

He would have walked at the end of the season because his own personal perspective of his value is vastly overrated.

Danny was not about to tie up 10 million per year for a oft-injured center with no skills in a new collective bargaining agreement which will include a hard salary cap.

He got a good back up center and a good young player.

Shaq's ongoing health issues is what will cost the team the title, not the absence of Perk.

Danny is in a tought spot because he will be the GM that has to manage the dismantling of the BIG 3 and his attempt to obtain talent in the process will determine what the Celtics of the next decade will look like.

My guess is there will be no season next year, they will as usual get nothing from the draft, and then the dismantling will begin with a new CBA.  The Cs at that point will be vastly over the cap  and completely unable to add legitimate blue chip talent.

Sections
Shortcuts