Danny Ainge, what an idiot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Danny Ainge, what an idiot

I just finished watching OKC dominate Miami. The Thunder won the game by dominating the paint with guess who? Our man, Perk who also dunked on DWade and kicked him in the head. Miami was forced to shoot from the perimeter just like when Perk played for Boston. No one can tell me that even now Ibaka is a better player than KG. Ugh. All we have to look forward from "the trade" is how Danny Ainge will screw-up the draft pick that the Celtics got for giving Perkins away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Danny Ainge, what an idiot

yes that was a terrible trade, i dont think anyone will argue that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Since we won the championship in 08, Danny has dropped the ball more than a few times for the Celtic team he assembled.  Not resigning Posey, lettng TA go, signing JON, and trading Perk, in retrospect, were all bad moves. 
    Changing his mind on what year to retool the Celtics as well as disregarding team chemistry and  trying to fix something that wasn't broke  (an interior presence), has hurt this team as much or more as the aging process taking place with the Big 3.
    As he is not going anywhere, let's hope he can finally start making some positive moves this  summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Danny Ainge, what an idiot:
    [QUOTE]I just finished watching OKC dominate Miami. The Thunder won the game by dominating the paint with guess who? Our man, Perk who also dunked on DWade and kicked him in the head. Miami was forced to shoot from the perimeter just like when Perk played for Boston. No one can tell me that even now Ibaka is a better player than KG. Ugh. All we have to look forward from "the trade" is how Danny Ainge will screw-up the draft pick that the Celtics got for giving Perkins away.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Give me a break will ya... have you watched Perk all year or looked his stats?  So he has one good game and you post this?  He is NOT worth the money OKC gave him...nor should the Cs have paid him that kind of contract ....end of story

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

maybe you'd be happier rooting for okc, tex. good center, smart gm, durant, sharpshooting pg, contending team, more your neck of the woods. sounds like a no-brainer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Perk scored 16 points today.  it might be the 2nd or 3rd time that he's broken double digits in the whole season.  his rebounding is generally way down from before the knee surgery.  more importantly last year in the playoffs he was invisible for OKC and ibaka played out of his mind and that's the only reason why OKC did well as long as they did.

Getting rid of Perk was not a death knell for the celts as much as signing JERLAME O'NEAL for too many years and then sitting by and watching the bench everyman 4-5 glen davis be driven out of town.  if davis was here right now, the 5 situation would be a little better as far as coverage vs. what it is with bass who is very questionable on defense to davis being the glue that held the help system togehter and helped give KG a break and also covered for a lot of rondo's sloppy miserable techniqe and lack of discipline on D going for steal numbers.

A real GM would have stepped in and told doc rivers to stop going to the press with statements about glen davis.  i mean it's not like the rest of the team is perfect- rondo has dwelled in the 50%'s on free throws for YEARS now and never a single word to the press making him look bad from Doc.

But you reap what you sew.  the combo of danny signing used up bozos for a year too long and and then changing parts out that were more versatile for parts that are less versatile means that this "last run" of the big 3 is going to be very lackluster in the post season.  watch for KG to fold up like a cheap tent in exhaustion.  he's been doing a great job so far but WILL get tired from having to cover so many 5 minutes.

of course, doc could just work with what he has the best he can and just put steamer out there for 25 minutes a game and work the kinks out of the kid....  but that's just not doc

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" He is NOT worth the money OKC gave him"

Depends on who you ask. OKC is certainly very happy with him. People think Perk wasn't worth the money because they don't understand there is a financial premium on big men. Exhibit A: the difficulty we have had replacing him. 

"We couldn't afford to keep him, so it was a good trade."

Nope. We had the money but Ainge did not want to pay him market value for his position. Ainge convinced himself because Perk had flaws he was not worth what the market said he was worth. like the OP points out, that was a huge mistake. The point is even with his flaws the market for such a big man is inflated because they are rare. We have learned that the hard way since then.

Seems even Ainge thinks so, credible rumors indicated he tried to trade back for Perk in the offseason - more than willing to take back his new contract then. 

No doubt that trade crippled this franchise and we've suffered through it since. It was one of those rough trades that felt terrible at the time and has only gotten  worse over time. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

One game,  Miami was tired and if you think a team like Miami can't exploit a player like Perkins in a series you are all crazy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Danny Ainge, what an idiot:
    [QUOTE]I just finished watching OKC dominate Miami. The Thunder won the game by dominating the paint with guess who? Our man, Perk who also dunked on DWade and kicked him in the head. Miami was forced to shoot from the perimeter just like when Perk played for Boston. No one can tell me that even now Ibaka is a better player than KG. Ugh. All we have to look forward from "the trade" is how Danny Ainge will screw-up the draft pick that the Celtics got for giving Perkins away.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

He played badly in the 12 games of the final season he was here and after the Cs would have been dismissed by Miami in the playoffs he would have left anyway.

There is only thing you may want to include in your overall assessment as to beating up Miami - Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka.... the Cs have nothing even close to that so to somehow suggest that with Perk the Cs would be contending is an absolute joke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

speaking of KG, I took a look at his stat line as compared to Gasol....based on 36 MPG averages, they are almost a mirror image of each other right now....Gasol plays about six more minutes per game so he has slight leads in a few categories....but I was impressed with KG....add in his defense and he is still pretty damn good....but he doesn't go inside much anymore.....comes with age...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge, what an idiot:
    [QUOTE]speaking of KG, I took a look at his stat line as compared to Gasol....based on 36 MPG averages, they are almost a mirror image of each other right now....Gasol plays about six more minutes per game so he has slight leads in a few categories....but I was impressed with KG....add in his defense and he is still pretty damn good....but he doesn't go inside much anymore.....comes with age...
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

that is what his wife said also... he doesn't go inside much anymore... comes with age......

He has been a jumpshooting 2 guard his whole career, he just happened to have been given a 7 foot body to play great defense with.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Frankly, anyone who tells me perk is better than ibaka has automatically disqualified themselves from me respecting their opinion.  Sorry

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think OKC will win it all this year, and i wouldn't be saying that if they didn't have Perk! I watched the game last night and on one play when Ibaka got the rebound, Perk had two men blocked out, things like that don't show up on the stat sheet. Perk don't give up any "and ones", and Dwade and Queenie know when they drive the lane, they could wind up on their azz at any time, but what i like best about Perk, is he is mean, and his meanness his rubbed off on the rest of the team!!Watch out for the Thunder!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge, what an idiot:
    [QUOTE]   I think OKC will win it all this year, and i wouldn't be saying that if they didn't have Perk! I watched the game last night and on one play when Ibaka got the rebound, Perk had two men blocked out, things like that don't show up on the stat sheet. Perk don't give up any "and ones", and Dwade and Queenie know when they drive the lane, they could wind up on their azz at any time, but what i like best about Perk, is he is mean, and his meanness his rubbed off on the rest of the team!!Watch out for the Thunder!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Wade and Queenie will be watching Rose, Deng, Noah, Boozer, et al play the Spurs in the finals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/26/revenge-of-the-thunder-bigs/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Takes one to know one  

Sections
Shortcuts