Danny Ainge will not pay the King's Ransom to get KLove. Who should Boston pick for #6 and #17

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Danny Ainge will not pay the King's Ransom to get KLove. Who should Boston pick for #6 and #17

I like Vonleh or Gordon for #6. I like Cleanthony Early but would be ok with Glenn Robinson, TJ Warren, Rodney Hood for #17. Who Boston gets for #17 is dependent on who Ainge selects for #6. If Vonleh is selected I would get Early at #17 and try to pickup Lance Stephenson from Indiana for the 2. If Boston selects Gordon at #6 I would play him at the 3, get Robinson, Warren, or Hood at #17, then add Greg Monroe to man the middle. What do y'all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Danny Ainge will not pay the King's Ransom to get KLove. Who should Boston pick for #6 and #17

Tons of options. I feel bad for Danny Ainge! Early is tough as nails but Robinson and Warren can create their own shots and can light up the scoreboard. Boston is in a great position to be one hell of a team if the C's don't get rid of all of their accumulated assets to get Love. The way I see it, Boston would get much more contribution from the draft picks especially the ones from this year than they would if they relied solely on the contributions of Kevin Love. Of course, if Kevin Love is picked up I would still pull for the C's but I really believe that Boston could fill more of it's needs by keeping the picks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Danny Ainge will not pay the King's Ransom to get KLove. Who should Boston pick for #6 and #17

I like to draft our own and sign a free agent next year.  I rather a slow rebuild

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It will also be interesting to see what the Celtics do with Rondo if they decide to pass on Love! Do they trade him to LA for the 7th pick and take Smart? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It will also be interesting to see what the Celtics do with Rondo if they decide to pass on Love! Do they trade him to LA for the 7th pick and take Smart? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That would be okay, but I think Utah will take Smart at #5!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

My options of preference

1-Get Love but don't go crazy trying to land him. 

2- Draft Gordon. This guy is warming up on me. I think he's going to be a Leonard type...great in the open court and able to defend 2-3 positions.

3- Trade #17 and Bradley and move up and grab Stauskas. We need someone who can get buckets.

4-Trade Green and Bass and another pick for Hayward

Rondo, Stauskas, Hayward, Gordon and Sully\KO.  Bring Bayless and Wallace off the bench.

Now we are running and gunning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Small line up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My options of preference

2- Draft Gordon. This guy is warming up on me. I think he's going to be a Leonard type...great in the open court and able to defend 2-3 positions.

3- Trade #17 and Bradley and move up and grab Stauskas. We need someone who can get buckets.

Rondo, Stauskas, Hayward, Gordon and Sully\KO.  Bring Bayless and Wallace off the bench.

[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to like Gordon as well.  I was dead set against him at first -42% free throws????-but now am very intrigued and think he'll make a fine SF.  I won't mind if we come out with Smart, Vonleh, Randle, or Gordon at 6.  At 17, I like Lavine, Payne, Warren, Payton.  Cooling on Anderson at 17.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Trade Rondo for Hayward.

Draft Randle or Vonleh and draft a PG who can shoot at #17.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tons of options. I feel bad for Danny Ainge! Early is tough as nails but Robinson and Warren can create their own shots and can light up the scoreboard. Boston is in a great position to be one hell of a team if the C's don't get rid of all of their accumulated assets to get Love. The way I see it, Boston would get much more contribution from the draft picks especially the ones from this year than they would if they relied solely on the contributions of Kevin Love. Of course, if Kevin Love is picked up I would still pull for the C's but I really believe that Boston could fill more of it's needs by keeping the picks.

[/QUOTE]

Robinson can "light up the scoreboard"? His career 14.6 pts/40min says otherwise. His career 31.3% 3pt% also speaks volumes. As for Warren, he's a prolific scorer (28.1 pts/40min) but is limited to scoring around the basket. Furthermore, he has a poor wingspan. 

The funny thing about draft picks, they have to picked correctly for them to work out. 

Love is an awesome scorer and rebounder. But he's essentially David Lee with a perimeter shot. No D.

Like football, defense wins championships in the NBA.

I agree that the Cs should keep the picks, especially in this draft. Despite the post-lottery whining, "you can't get a superstar at 6" crap, this draft is very deep. The Cs could get great player (Saric or Exum) and still fill a need with the 17th (Kristaps of Lativa - draft and stash guy).

That said, I hate how Danny's drafts. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He's thrown away so many picks and no one give me BS over how according to some moron "the Cs have gotten the most 'value' from their firsts in recent years" HS.

As I've posted before, the Cs need two things:

1. bigs with the length to defend vertically
    2. wings who can bury shots beyond the arc that can defend the perimeter

In 2013-14, the Cs ranks in opponent shooting defense:

• 0-3' .637 (14th) Slightly below league average (.635) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 31.6% (1st)
    • 3'-10' .403 (22nd) Way below league average (.392) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 16.6% (17th)
    • 10'-16' .432 (30th) Way below league average (.401) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 10.5% (12th)
    • 16'<arc .390 (10th) above league average (.395) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 18.0% (13th)
    • 3FG% .347 (6th) way above league average (.360) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 23.3% (26th)

Bottom line: the 2013-14 Cs can defend the arc, but once teams got penetration or found someone in the low post, the Cs defense got exposed. Olynyk has short arms and Sully is undersized and can't jump, yet he was needed to step in and play center. 

As for wing shooting, well as a whole, the Cs eFG% of .477 ranked 28th. NBA avg was .501.

Until the Cs address these deficiencies, they will continue to struggle.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

[QUOTE]

I like Vonleh or Gordon for #6. I like Cleanthony Early but would be ok with Glenn Robinson, TJ Warren, Rodney Hood for #17. Who Boston gets for #17 is dependent on who Ainge selects for #6. If Vonleh is selected I would get Early at #17 and try to pickup Lance Stephenson from Indiana for the 2. If Boston selects Gordon at #6 I would play him at the 3, get Robinson, Warren, or Hood at #17, then add Greg Monroe to man the middle. What do y'all think?

[/the 
    mostly agree, just not sure about gordon at the three - call me old fashioned, but i like a 3 who is more of an offensive threat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who says LA wants Rondon't? I haven't heard LA say they want Wee Devilman PG! I don't think anyone wants to give a lottery pick for the little malcontent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

see your point, but am wary of the uncertainty in the draft. With Love, you know you are getting production, and you are getting it now. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My options of preference

[/QUOTE]

As much as I have nothing but disdain for Mr. Green Jeans, isn't that a bit much to give up for Hayward? Maybe for Asik and someone/something else, like a one next year or a two this year and next, but, sheesh, that's a load for one guy of modest talents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

yep

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Robinson can "light up the scoreboard"? His career 14.6 pts/40min says otherwise. His career 31.3% 3pt% also speaks volumes. As for Warren, he's a prolific scorer (28.1 pts/40min) but is limited to scoring around the basket. Furthermore, he has a poor wingspan. 

The funny thing about draft picks, they have to picked correctly for them to work out. 

Love is an awesome scorer and rebounder. But he's essentially David Lee with a perimeter shot. No D.

Like football, defense wins championships in the NBA.

I agree that the Cs should keep the picks, especially in this draft. Despite the post-lottery whining, "you can't get a superstar at 6" crap, this draft is very deep. The Cs could get great player (Saric or Exum) and still fill a need with the 17th (Kristaps of Lativa - draft and stash guy).

That said, I hate how Danny's drafts. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He's thrown away so many picks and no one give me BS over how according to some moron "the Cs have gotten the most 'value' from their firsts in recent years" HS.

As I've posted before, the Cs need two things:

1. bigs with the length to defend vertically
    2. wings who can bury shots beyond the arc that can defend the perimeter

In 2013-14, the Cs ranks in opponent shooting defense:

• 0-3' .637 (14th) Slightly below league average (.635) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 31.6% (1st)
    • 3'-10' .403 (22nd) Way below league average (.392) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 16.6% (17th)
    • 10'-16' .432 (30th) Way below league average (.401) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 10.5% (12th)
    • 16'<arc .390 (10th) above league average (.395) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 18.0% (13th)
    • 3FG% .347 (6th) way above league average (.360) % of opponent's FGs from this distance 23.3% (26th)

Bottom line: the 2013-14 Cs can defend the arc, but once teams got penetration or found someone in the low post, the Cs defense got exposed. Olynyk has short arms and Sully is undersized and can't jump, yet he was needed to step in and play center. 

As for wing shooting, well as a whole, the Cs eFG% of .477 ranked 28th. NBA avg was .501.

Until the Cs address these deficiencies, they will continue to struggle.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

I am concerned about Ainge's picks as well...There is tons of talent in this draft. I hope that he doesn't blow it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

As an ACC fan I got to see a lot of Warren, and he is a monster. He plays with a lot of heart and plays defense. To say that he can't shoot from the outside is a little bit of a stretch. I understand this year that he numbers were pretty bad (~26% if I am remembering right), but his freshman year he shot over 50% behind the arc (although he only put up about 30 threes for the season). With that being said, I wouldn't say he is a threat from outside, but one thing you need to remember is that NC State was absolutely terrible. They had no one other than Warren,  every teams defensive scheme was centered on Warren, you stop him you beat NC State. He never got open looks even if it was from outside the arc. I believe that he will benefit greatly coming to the NBA and not being the focal point of an opposing teams defense. He is already a great slasher and finisher, and I believe that he will improve his 3pt percentage when he is getting open looks. I would be ecstatic if the Celtics could get him with the 17th pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I agree with all of you - in that there are many options for us.  I'll post about 3 today over various times.  This one, I like:

get a second round pick from PHI - I'm thinking 39.

Don't do anything else - no Love, no Anthony........for now:

at #6 draft Vonleh

at #17 draft LaVine

at #39 draft Nikola Jokic from Serbia, and stash him overseas.

For now - Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Vonleh

Smith, LaVine, Wallace, Bass and Oly

That would be doing nothing....................and while safe, it's boring!!  And that team still stinks.

Stay tuned for some better ideas.............

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

19. This post has been removed.