Danny Ainge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Danny Ainge

Im sorry but i think Danny ainge is a terrible G.m i think heneeds to go. he doesnt fraft well he gives up on young players too fast and cant keep his big mouth shut (referring to the rondo situation) he needs to go.
    What do u guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Danny Ainge

I think you need to use spell check and edit - your post is unreadable!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge:
    I think you need to use spell check and edit - your post is unreadable!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Danny Ainge:
    Im sorry but i think Danny ainge is a terrible G.m i think heneeds to go. he doesnt fraft well he gives up on young players too fast and cant keep his big mouth shut (referring to the rondo situation) he needs to go. What do u guys think?
    Posted by dblock33644

he IS a terrible gm. if he didnt get a gift from Minnesota he wouldnt be GM right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

dblock you are one of few who posts any common sense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

How many active GMs have won championships right now? 

The Minny Garnett trade was a bit of a gift but both the Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett trades were tied into draft picks Danny made. 

Danny has not done his best work the last couple of seasons, that's for sure, and I agree he needs to be under the microscope as we go forward to see if he can reinvent this team, but here's a lesson about argumentation for you. 

to make a good argument, anticipate the objection. 

My objection is that he won a championship on his watch with the moves he made, which included trades based on players he drafted. 

look forward to you adapting your argument to incorporate more facts. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

HOW dumb does danny think we are:

Asked if he thought it was fair to call Rondo "stubborn" and "high maintenance," Ainge responded, "No, I don't think that fair. I think he's stubborn and he's intelligent is a fair assessment of him. With that, there's higher maintenance, but I don't know a quality player that I've played with that wasn't higher maintenance than your average player." 

duh duh duh />. so he thinks rondo is stubborn and high maintenance after all! also love how he says "he hasn't made any calls about trading rondo... ok, does that mean his minions aren't? or that the magic or lakes or warriors aren't calling?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Danny Ainge:
    Im sorry but i think Danny ainge is a terrible G.m i think heneeds to go. he doesnt fraft well he gives up on young players too fast and cant keep his big mouth shut (referring to the rondo situation) he needs to go. What do u guys think?
    Posted by dblock33644

I think you should have your head examined.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Danny's biggest boo - boo was not drafting or acquiring a back-up PG or a back -up Center.

He got the combo-guard disease, and died with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

Thank the lord someone else is saying this. Danny ainge is one of the worst gums in all of sports right now. If you take away the gift of Garnett that Kevin mchale gave him he really ha done nothing profitable for the organization. The Kendrick perkins trade was the worst trade I had seen in years, the cs literally got nothing out of the deal since neither green or kris tic is playing this year and o/c is the best team in the league. In my book Danny is public enemy number one

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Its true Danny is not a good g.m. the point was brought up about kg trade. if u fully examine the trade the only good player in the deal was Al jefferson other than that this is the guy who traded away chauncey billups and joe johnson before they even finished threre rookie seasons are you serious. he hass passed on plenty of talented players for scrubs like jr. giddens and bill walker drafted over Deandre Jordan. and the list goes on. his year Marshon brooks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Its true Danny is not a good g.m. the point was brought up about kg trade. if u fully examine the trade the only good player in the deal was Al jefferson other than that this is the guy who traded away chauncey billups and joe johnson before they even finished threre rookie seasons are you serious. he hass passed on plenty of talented players for scrubs like jr. giddens and bill walker drafted over Deandre Jordan. and the list goes on. his year Marshon brooks
    Posted by dblock33644

NO NO NO - that was Pitino!!  Get your facts in order!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Thank the lord someone else is saying this. Danny ainge is one of the worst gums in all of sports right now. If you take away the gift of Garnett that Kevin mchale gave him he really ha done nothing profitable for the organization. The Kendrick perkins trade was the worst trade I had seen in years, the cs literally got nothing out of the deal since neither green or kris tic is playing this year and o/c is the best team in the league. In my book Danny is public enemy number one
    Posted by p-dogg81

Right on!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posted by p-dogg81

How is he one of the worst?  Let's hold off judgement for 3 weeks, and see what he does.  Look at LA.  The last trade they made was 2008 for Gasol.  What has Kupcake done in the last 3 years?  Watched Ariza, Farmar,  Brown and Sasha walk out the door; signed Artest, Murphy, McRoberts, Barnes and Blake.  Let Odom go for nothing.  Had a trade vetoed.............Danny has been WORSE than that????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Posted by p-dogg81

Worst trade in years really?? We are talking about center with little or no skills so I would say a C player in this league.....and by the way, Perk was going to go anyway and happy that OKC overpaid him and not the Cs.... so please stop with the worst trade talk..... Im not an Ainge lover but he did what he had to do on that one....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Posted by dblock33644

Yes, please get your facts right .....so it would appear that these "trades" you blame Ainge for accounted for a lot of your opinion?? im just saying.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Ainge : Worst trade in years really?? We are talking about center with little or no skills so I would say a C player in this league.....and by the way, Perk was going to go anyway and happy that OKC overpaid him and not the Cs.... so please stop with the worst trade talk..... Im not an Ainge lover but he did what he had to do on that one....
    Posted by CASox

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, maybe I'm being a Monday morning Qtrback and Mea Culpa if so.  Don't know for sure if we would have lost Perk & how much we needed to pay to keep him. But, I'd like to believe we got to Game 6 of finals 2 years ago and I strongly believe we'd have won game 7 as despite the egregious difference in fouls 41-18, I think, and the many comments we were tired & grabbing and the reason for these which led to blowing a 13 pt lead, despite Kobe's 6/24 (25%) and the team's 32% while we shot 40%, it was the rebound battle we lost. Perkins got hurt and this was unfortunate.

Perkins was never a high scorer. His value was defense and rebounds and as good as any center in these categories so I wouldn't say he had no skills. I know its no one's fault Green has a heart issue, Kristic played in Europe and last year Shaq showed us he was too old and JO was hurt too.  So, I'd, Monday Morning Qtrback I know, have loved to have kept Perk and still gone after another Center who could score too. Perkins defended against Gasol & Bynum as well as anybody and last night I saw him block 2 of Howard's dunks when they were ahead & finally lost to the Thunder. So, I think last year & this, our record would have been better with Perk & maybe the team's chemistry too having 5 guys who played together when we won in 2008.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

How many active GMs have won championships right now?  The Minny Garnett trade was a bit of a gift but both the Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett trades were tied into draft picks Danny made.  Danny has not done his best work the last couple of seasons, that's for sure, and I agree he needs to be under the microscope as we go forward to see if he can reinvent this team, but here's a lesson about argumentation for you.  to make a good argument, anticipate the objection.  My objection is that he won a championship on his watch with the moves he made, which included trades based on players he drafted.  look forward to you adapting your argument to incorporate more facts. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Re: My objection is that he won a championship on his watch with the moves he made, which included trades based on players he drafted.

And I strongly believe we'd have won another one 2 years ago had Perkins not gotten hurt in Game 6 and despite the egregious difference in fouls 41-18, I think, and the many comments we were tired & grabbing and the reason for these which led to blowing a 13 pt lead, despite Kobe's 6/24 (25%) and the team's 32% while we shot 40%, it was the rebound battle we lost. We might not have still won the rebound battle but losing by 4 pts. just a couple more rebounds for us might have preserved our lead. Just saying....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Danny does not need to go.  I don't like his draft picks and I think his trade last year of Perk in the middle of the season sold out the team and its chemistry.  I will never forgive Danny for giving up on a team with a great record and making them weaker in the playoffs and destroying team chemistry.  But, Danny has also made some good moves.  The "gift from Minny" was done because Danny stock piled players.  The trade to get Ray was a good move on his part - we do NOT win the championship that year without Ray.   Danny has again stock piled talent 9n JJJ and Moore and to my surprise - Bradley, and two first round picks (albeit late first round), and huge amount of cap room....to go with Bass and Rondo.   On top of that, he hired and now locked up a coach almost universally recognized by players and other coaches and announcers and analysts as one of the best in the league.

So, if Danny just doesn't do anything STUPID again, he can make another set of good moves that keeps this franchise winning for years.   I am pissed at Danny for how he hangs his players out there (every year, Ray, now Rondo) and not caring about team chemistry and also for some dumb drafts like Giddens and Lester as well as moves like trading Perk mid season and signing Arroyo/Sasha/Murphy/JON......but I balance that with the good things he's done (Bass, Wilcox, KG, Ray, Rondo, etc) to conclude:   Danny is generally a good, not great, GM and we should give him a chance to show us something this off season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Danny does not need to go.  I don't like his draft picks and I think his trade last year of Perk in the middle of the season sold out the team and its chemistry.  I will never forgive Danny for giving up on a team with a great record and making them weaker in the playoffs and destroying team chemistry.  But, Danny has also made some good moves.  The "gift from Minny" was done because Danny stock piled players.  The trade to get Ray was a good move on his part - we do NOT win the championship that year without Ray.   Danny has again stock piled talent 9n JJJ and Moore and to my surprise - Bradley, and two first round picks (albeit late first round), and huge amount of cap room....to go with Bass and Rondo.   On top of that, he hired and now locked up a coach almost universally recognized by players and other coaches and announcers and analysts as one of the best in the league. So, if Danny just doesn't do anything STUPID again, he can make another set of good moves that keeps this franchise winning for years.   I am pissed at Danny for how he hangs his players out there (every year, Ray, now Rondo) and not caring about team chemistry and also for some dumb drafts like Giddens and Lester as well as moves like trading Perk mid season and signing Arroyo/Sasha/Murphy/JON......but I balance that with the good things he's done (Bass, Wilcox, KG, Ray, Rondo, etc) to conclude:   Danny is generally a good, not great, GM and we should give him a chance to show us something this off season.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

i guess you put it better than i did. i agree with everything you said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

The perk trade i agreed with only because perk was leaving.Not only because of the money but he stated that he wasnted to be closer to home whcih is in texas. i didnt like it for whom we traded for kristic and green. No thank you.

Sections
Shortcuts