Danny and Doc targeting Dwight Howard on 012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Danny and Doc targeting Dwight Howard on 012

I think this is the only reason Danny would Pay Doc so much.    My point is why pay your head coach,so much to be around a 500 club,after next year,if they don't get a big time player to replace Garnett and Allen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Re: Danny and Doc targeting Dwight Howard on 012

The question to me is if they wait for hime to be a FA or go after him this offseason instead...expiring big three contract plus 1st pick?  Orlando needs to probably trade him this off season or risk losing him for nothing...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Danny and Doc targeting Dwight Howard on 012:
    [QUOTE]I think this is the only reason Danny would Pay Doc so much.    My point is why pay your head coach,so much to be around a 500 club,after next year,if they don't get a big time player to replace Garnett and Allen.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Because as Danny said in his interview, Doc is a coach at heart and will coach with the Big 3 or through a rebuilding process, he will coach to the best of his ability regardless of the organization's goals - whether it is just to make the playoffs, or rebuilding, etc.

That is why they will pay him so much.

Finally, can we please start asking ourselves each time we start a post with Howard coming here - why on earth would Howard want to go to a team with no chance to win?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Could we be bold enough to trade 2 of the 3 big three for Howard and another SG or PF?  Garnett and Allen's expiring contracts are pretty enticing to teams...Rondo Green. Howard, Pierce, and stud SG would be great...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

In Response to Re: Danny and Doc targeting Dwight Howard on 012:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Danny and Doc targeting Dwight Howard on 012 : Because as Danny said in his interview, Doc is a coach at heart and will coach with the Big 3 or through a rebuilding process, he will coach to the best of his ability regardless of the organization's goals - whether it is just to make the playoffs, or rebuilding, etc. That is why they will pay him so much. Finally, can we please start asking ourselves each time we start a post with Howard coming here - why on earth would Howard want to go to a team with no chance to win?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

If Ainge is proactive and trades off 2 of the 3 big three now they will be competitive...If he goes another year then we have a chance to be competitive...but certainly a harder sell...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny and Doc targeting Dwight Howard on 012 : If Ainge is proactive and trades off 2 of the 3 big three now they will be competitive...If he goes another year then we have a chance to be competitive...but certainly a harder sell...
    Posted by adam4522[/QUOTE]

When the Pistons dissolved their 4 all-stars they ran out and got Charlie V and Ben Gordon and the Pistons um...  s uck..... and are stuck with those contracts.

As I said in another post, I think Danny is negligent if he does anything other than let the Big 3 dissolve naturally.

If you are a team with a star why do you trade him for an expiring contract?  hmmm because he is not a star.

Get under the cap, let the stars go, get 4 good years of lottery picks, add some nice players in free agency and win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Because you can never trade for a garnett or ray allen...it never happens...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

First: 12/13/2008
    Last: 5/13/2011
    Because you can never trade for a garnett or ray allen...it never happens
    Really, then how did we get them???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

a stork ?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

They obviously have something in mind. They probably know just as we do this team isn't set up to win for the next 2 years.

They will fix this team. It won't be overnight though its going to take some time as apparently the NBA is having the same issue as the NFL with their labor talks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny and Doc targeting Dwight Howard on 012 : By ripping off the team that traded them. The Wolves still s..k....
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

How about a front court of Howard, Beasley, and Love with a back court of Ridnour and Wes Johnson oh and add Derrick Williams in this year's draft..... that might be a pretty good team.

Part of the reason they still s uck is the GM who drafted Jonny Flynn and Ricky Rubio with consecutive picks should have been fired that very night.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Or this is just Ainge way to say thanks Doc, I give you 5 year gauranteed contract as a token of appreciation, but I think you'll be fired long before the end of that contract.  In fact, none of us is going to last that long.  A lot of pipe dreams are being discussed here.  Sure sign of closing window reaching for something that will not going to happen anytime soon.  We may hang on for a little bit longer, but lottery years are coming real soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Doc could have easily received $35 million from NY or L.A. this year. No way Boston wants him going to those teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aznefn. Show aznefn's posts

I think Dwight Howard will end up in boston. Rondo is just about the best fit for Howard at PG. And who says Allen and Garnett with Pierce cant play till 2014 as role players 20-25 minutes a game , Garnett is the only one i would be worried about physically. Plus i believe Jeff Green can be a good role player with more time with the green. Also we have the clippers 2012 first round pick as long as its not in the top 10 , i figure 14 ( they are on a upward climb but not there yet) Danny drafts well so add a few younger players to the mix with the old big 3 , Howard and Rondo i think a few good years to come and there might be another free agent who wants to sign in Boston to be coached by doc. Have Faith !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

[QUOTE]adam4522 Posts: 884 First: 12/13/2008 Last: 5/13/2011 Because you can never trade for a garnett or ray allen...it never happens Really, then how did we get them???
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

That was facetious.  My point was it can happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

You can't rely on the draft...especially this years feable draft....I think Doc and Danny have things on their mind...you don't think they have had discussions about this?   I was so sure Doc would walk away for a while and enjoy watching his son/daughter play sports...but I GUARANTEE you Danny has convinced this smart coach to stick around cause something is going to go down....very big! 

I saw Dwight play a few years ago in Boston and he loved the court...he even game his Jersey off his back to a Boston fan!!!!!!!!!!