DANNY, AS SOON AS RONDO IS HEALTHY, MOVE HIM........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DANNY, AS SOON AS RONDO IS HEALTHY, MOVE HIM........

POINT GUARDS THAT LIVE TAKING THEIR GAME TO THE BASKET, DO NOT LIVE TOOOO LONG !!! RONDO HAS NO OUTSIDE GAME AND HE IS NOT THE POINT GUARD THAT YOU WANT ON THE FOUL LINE...... GOING FORWARD, THE TEAM CAN NOT BE BUILT AROUND HIM...... PERIOD !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: DANNY, AS SOON AS RONDO IS HEALTHY, MOVE HIM........

As I've said many times before: name me a better PG the Celtics have had since DJ retired.  You don't instantly trade a Top Five PG just because his backup had one really good game.

It's like the Sox trading down an All Star shortstop (Nomar), for a very good two-man platoon (Cabrera/Reese), for a bust (Renteria), for, basically, no one for the past four years.  You don't do that for an important position.

cheers --

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY, AS SOON AS RONDO IS HEALTHY, MOVE HIM........:
    [QUOTE]As I've said many times before: name me a better PG the Celtics have had since DJ retired.  You don't instantly trade a Top Five PG just because his backup had one really good game. It's like the Sox trading down an All Star shortstop (Nomar), for a very good two-man platoon (Cabrera/Reese), for a bust (Renteria), for, basically, no one for the past four years.  You don't do that for an important position. cheers --
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that backup is not nearly as good at running an offense and to be honest as good as Bradley's defense is, Rondo's is better. That is not my opinion it's a fact. Rondo is forcing opponents to a lower Points Per Posession  than Bradley a lower shooting percentage (33.9%) and a higher turnover rate (12.9%).  

I Reeaaaaly like what I see from Bradley's defense. He is going to be a great defender, but as you said let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]As I've said many times before: name me a better PG the Celtics have had since DJ retired.  You don't instantly trade a Top Five PG just because his backup had one really good game. It's like the Sox trading down an All Star shortstop (Nomar), for a very good two-man platoon (Cabrera/Reese), for a bust (Renteria), for, basically, no one for the past four years.  You don't do that for an important position. cheers --
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]
    Reese was hurt when Cabrera was aquired and Reese came in late innings for Bellhorn after the trade. Also Scutaro was a real go SS for two years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

When Bradley can do this against Dwill, Monte Ellis, CP3, DRose, then and only then will I start shouting more praise.  He had a good game.  But it was against JAMEER NELSON!!!!!!!!  Jameer isn't in the top tier of point guards, so slow your roll on Rondo trade talks!  Orlando could be a flawed team and the jury is out still on the Celtics.  I don't think Orlando has beaten a lot of good teams!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Silly post, Bill806. Hopefully you are listening to all of the posters who are correcting you here. If not, try looking at Bradley's game in the first half!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

come on people let's be reasonable here, some of you will make really bad GM's

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Anyone remember that Cowboys-Redskins game back in the mid-70s when Roger Staubach got hurt and Clint Longley came off the bench to win the game? I heard friends of mine who were Cowboy fans saying, "They have to bench Staubach and make Longley the starter!" Of course, they were 10 years old ... and Cowboys fans ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Silly post, Bill806. Hopefully you are listening to all of the posters who are correcting you here. If not, try looking at Bradley's game in the first half!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]"LET ME BE CLEAR",  THIS IS ALL ABOUT GETTING "VALUE" FOR RONDO WHILE WE CAN..... AGAIN, RONDO IS NOT THE "COMPLETE" POINT GUARD TO BE BUILDING A TEAM/FUTURE AROUND !!  IMO ......AS YOU CAN SEE, DOC HAS USED OTHER OPTIONS AND THEY HAVE RESPONDED BIG TIME !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to DANNY, AS SOON AS RONDO IS HEALTHY, MOVE HIM........:
    [QUOTE]  POINT GUARDS THAT LIVE TAKING THEIR GAME TO THE BASKET, DO NOT LIVE TOOOO LONG !!! RONDO HAS NO OUTSIDE GAME AND HE IS NOT THE POINT GUARD THAT YOU WANT ON THE FOUL LINE...... GOING FORWARD, THE TEAM CAN NOT BE BUILT AROUND HIM...... PERIOD !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY RIGHT!!! TRADE HIM NOW!!! It is clear that it is time for his value to be capitalized upon. Seeing the present trend of this team proves that his dynamic, circus, random, uncontrolled style isn't how you have a consitantly good team. He seems to surprise his own teammates with his acrobatic moves and passes as much as he does the opposition. This equals turnovers, off balance shots, team rythym issues, ETC. I love him, but it really is best if we get a big for him. Look out Ray. With E. Moore showing signs, you are likely next!!! He can actually shoot AND PLAY D!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo does need to improve his outside shot or be traded if something near his value is there.  Bradley is worse at this time he needs to play for a younger team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to DANNY, AS SOON AS RONDO IS HEALTHY, MOVE HIM........ : EXACTLY RIGHT!!! TRADE HIM NOW!!! It is clear that it is time for his value to be capitalized upon. Seeing the present trend of this team proves that his dynamic, circus, random, uncontrolled style isn't how you have a consitantly good team. He seems to surprise his own teammates with his acrobatic moves and passes as much as he does the opposition. This equals turnovers, off balance shots, team rythym issues, ETC. I love him, but it really is best if we get a big for him. Look out Ray. With E. Moore showing signs, you are likely next!!! He can actually shoot AND PLAY D!!!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]   B I N G O  !!!!