Danny, blow it up!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Danny, blow it up!!

I'm ok with Bradley at PG but Danny please get all you can for the Big 4. It's time to blow it up!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Danny, blow it up!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

SOON...the 2012 rooot canal will be done

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Danny, blow it up!!:
    [QUOTE]I'm ok with Bradley at PG but Danny please get all you can for the Big 4. It's time to blow it up!!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny make some trades soon.  Just not sure what we can get back in return for anyone on this team considering how poorly most of them are playing lately.  Before the season started I wasn't overly optimistic, but didn't expect the Celtics to be this bad.  I predicted that they would easily be the 4th to 6th seed in the Eastern Conference.  If they continue this downward spiral, they will end up missing the playoffs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MorningWood. Show MorningWood's posts

It is definately time to blow it up.  If Danny doesn't take action now, we will be in the same place place we were prior to the arrival of Allen and Garnett, mediocre at best and down right awful for the next 20 years.  You can get top draft picks for Pierce and Rondo, plus, complimentary pieces for Allen and Garnett.  Don't wait too long Danny, now is the time to strike.  I will still watch them and support them knowing that even if they are not in the playoffs this year, they will be legitimate title contenders again in the near future.  They may be a playoff contender right now, 7 or 8 seed, but they are not title contenders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The only problem with blowing it up is it only makes sense to do so if he can get a return of expiring contracts and draft picks.  I can't see anyone giving up a major piece/young player for a rental like Ray.  Pierce?  Maybe he could yield something.  KG?  That's a big contract, and why take back garbage unless picks are included?  Rondo seems to be their only real chip.  And to trade him and NOT get back another PG seems silly. 

I'd love to see Danny build for the future. This team is not a contender.  But it may be a lot harder than we think.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Danny, blow it up!!:
    [QUOTE]The only problem with blowing it up is it only makes sense to do so if he can get a return of expiring contracts and draft picks.  I can't see anyone giving up a major piece/young player for a rental like Ray.  Pierce?  Maybe he could yield something.  KG?  That's a big contract, and why take back garbage unless picks are included?  Rondo seems to be their only real chip.  And to trade him and NOT get back another PG seems silly.  I'd love to see Danny build for the future. This team is not a contender.  But it may be a lot harder than we think.     
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    It is.  Ainge may have waited too long. They are imploding and the value of Ray, Pierce, and KG has gone down just this last week.  It does not mean they won't salvage something after the All Star break but really in the end we will rebuild with everybody gone at the end of the season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Despite the instant gratification rush that would come from blowing up this team ASAP, it only makes sense for two reasons:
    1. Improves the Celtic team enough in this season for us to challenge for the title.
    2. Lay the foundation for a new Celtic team capable of challenging for a title in a few years.

Blowing it up so we can get out of the first round and lose in the next round or to get rid of players whose deficiencies are seen on a nightly basis for players who are only marginally better is not a good idea.

It may ultimately make more sense to wait for the offseason.  Maybe the real wheelling and dealing will come on draft day.

What I'm  saying is.  Don't blow  it the team beacause it's  the popular thing to do.  Blow the team up if it makes sense.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Trade Rondo, Yes.

Blow it up?  Why?

After this much needed rest, Paul will be back to normal, Ray is fine, he just needs spacing and K.G. back helps that.

These guys still have heart.....

If you bring in a big to take some pressure of off K.G. and one who can play solid "D", this team will compete with anyone.

You blow it up, you have chemistry issues this year.

Theres nothing wrong with letting K.G. contract expire, he wont bring back much in a trade.

Why trade Ray when he is such a nice playoff weapon?

We will have to money to rebuild next year, and still have Jeff Green wanting to return.

You build around Jeff, A.B. and the big u get from trading Rondo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We cannot blow it up because we have no player of value that will get us anything back capable of leading us to "contender-level".  Like Cables said, RA and KG won't get us anything more than a solid role player because no team is going to take on a 4 month rental for them while giving up a solid young player.

I'm not sure we could even get anything back for PP that will put us in near-contender status.  Besides, his contract makes him difficult to trade.  And Rondo's past week will push teams away that had a thought of obtaining him.  His value has taken a nose-dive and we can't expect to get an elite player young enough to lead us to contender-status in the next 2/3 years either.

The only way this team becomes a "contender-level" team again is to ride out this season, sign an elite FA (or 2 very solid FAs) with the available cap space, draft at least ONE player who can step in and play (PF or SG), bring back RA and KG at no more than $5M each (if they don't want it, let them go or pursue a sign-and-trade for a player of value) and address the center position.

Our bench next season should be: AB, Pietrus, Moore, JJJ, RA, KG, Bass, Jeff Green, Stiemsma.  PP and Rondo are the only two on the team today who might be in line to start next season.  We need to get a center via FA, draft a PF and SG and we'll be ok going forward.

And finally, we will have enough young and old bench pieces to package next season in a trade to shore up an area that may show itself next year.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Petey, i agree with almost everything, but do you think K.G. and Ray will be back next year as bench players??

Its one thing to ride out the seaon, but bring them back as role players??  IDK.

I think you move on from everyone but P. He is the captain and judging by last night he still has an impact on the game because as soon as he sits , we s uck.

U may not get Howard for Rondo, but you can def. get a nice peice to help in this years run.

I think if A.B. keeps progressing at this level , he is the starter next year and as many holes as we have, why keep 2 starting pg's. Trade Rondo now,,,and be happy to cancel that contract. Ultimately its not about getting the same value to me, but cutting loose a negative force on the team and taking what u can get.

You cant build a team around Rondo

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, no team "bad" enough with a high 1st round pick is going to take on Ray or KG in exchange for that pick.  Charlotte or Washington, for example, won't take on Ray or KG and give us their first round pick.  What good is it to get the 28th pick in the 1st round when that player won't contribute to your team?  Also, to make things work, money-wise, the Celtics WILL have to take back a player and we'd have to take back a player who can contribute long-term or has an expiring contract.  And if the contract expires, why bring him in?

The Lakers take Ray for instance and give us back the trade exception for Lamar Odom (just an example).  What does that do for us?

Also, WHO says the Celtics can get a 1st round pick for Ray and KG?  From what team?  That is news to me.  Where did you get that information from?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Play out the string and retool in the off season.

The Celtics will have plenty of money to do so.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Danny, blow it up!!:
    [QUOTE]Fierce, no team "bad" enough with a high 1st round pick is going to take on Ray or KG in exchange for that pick.  Charlotte or Washington, for example, won't take on Ray or KG and give us their first round pick.  What good is it to get the 28th pick in the 1st round when that player won't contribute to your team?  Also, to make things work, money-wise, the Celtics WILL have to take back a player and we'd have to take back a player who can contribute long-term or has an expiring contract.  And if the contract expires, why bring him in? The Lakers take Ray for instance and give us back the trade exception for Lamar Odom (just an example).  What does that do for us? Also, WHO says the Celtics can get a 1st round pick for Ray and KG?  From what team?  That is news to me.  Where did you get that information from?
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Bundle our picks to get a higher one in a trade?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

JayShizzle45, you make very valid points about Ray and KG.  Honestly, that has to be their only option as Celtics next season, as backups.  And if they so choose not to accept that offer, I would wish them the best as they move on.  However, I think Ray would be more accepting of a backup (6th man) role than KG.  The bottom line is at season's end, Doc and Danny need to sit them both down and TELL THEM that they are no longer considered starters for the Celtics.  They've both earned that respect.

Rondo is a tough one though.  We won't get equal value for Rondo in a trade but I would like to see how he adjusts to NOT having the Big 3.  I really think some of Rondo's issues are not only attributed to his immaturity but frustration at being an integral piece that is tired of seeing how Doc handles the Big 3 with "kid-gloves" and defers to their "whims".  Rondo has become sick of having to defer to them and their abilities.  He probably feels THEY hold HIM back.  Ray recently complained that he needs more touches and the offense needs more movement right after Rondo took 27 shots and got 35 points.  But, on the other hand, Rondo is looking at it like these guys won't keep up with him and when we do get in the half court set, RA, PP and KG just cannot convert on a consistent enough basis anymore.  Then Doc compounds it by saying Rondo has to do more passing and ball-movement.

Rondo, the assist master, was great for this team 2/3 years ago but now, sometimes, Rondo needs to shoot the ball to score in order to take the scoring burden off the Big 3.  RA, PP and KG scoring struggles are less about Rondo and more about them JUST NOT BEING ABLE TO DO IT any longer.  They, too, and Doc, need to realize that and form a nice balance.  Instead, Doc still thinks the Big 3 and the Celtics are still in 2007.

I'd really like to see Rondo playing significant minutes with Austin Rivers at the SG, Jeff Green at the 3, an Anthony Davis-like PF and a center capable of providing an inside presence.  We might just see a totally different Rondo than what we're seeing now.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts