Danny Boy, Rondo for a big guy in a BLOCKBUSTER !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Danny Boy, Rondo for a big guy in a BLOCKBUSTER !!!!

Danny, as constructed, this ship is not going to sail !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Danny Boy, Rondo for a big guy in a BLOCKBUSTER !!!!

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Bill, I was wondering why Danny is on this trip, I wonder if he is going to make a move and possibly get DeMarcus cousins from Sacramento. Who do you give up. I really hate to see Bradley or Sullinger go. That true with Fab Melo but as if things stay status quo then the Celtics are a .500 team, no more no less.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yersole. Show yersole's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Bill, I was wondering why Danny is on this trip, I wonder if he is going to make a move and possibly get DeMarcus cousins from Sacramento. Who do you give up. I really hate to see Bradley or Sullinger go. That true with Fab Melo but as if things stay status quo then the Celtics are a .500 team, no more no less.

After last night's game, I won't be surprised DA goes hard for DMC.

I agree that if things stay the same, we ain't going no where and it's silly to think we can duplicate what happened last year.

And sadly, this will be it for KG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You may be right about Danny trading for Cousins.  He definitely would be a great help to this team.  I agree that I don't want to see Bradley or Sullinger traded. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Rondo is probably the last guy on this team that I would trade. Who would replace him at point guard? Have you ever noticed how horrible this team is when he's off the floor?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

rondo for a rory sparrow functionality equivalent and GOOD DRAFT PICKS- just do it.  rondo is a three dollar bill

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Rondo is probably the last guy on this team that I would trade. Who would replace him at point guard? Have you ever noticed how horrible this team is when he's off the floor?

that would be because for 5 1/2 of the last 6 years we have had NO BACKUP POINT GUARD- and that would include right now.  terry is a shrunken 2, never was a PG.  courtney lee is a 2.  they let keyon drooling scoot off into retirement rather than retain him for vet min

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

rondo for a rory sparrow functionality equivalent and GOOD DRAFT PICKS- just do it.  rondo is a three dollar bill

And you would know he is a 3 dollar bill cause youre one too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo needs another big man to play with here,  he should not be sent away to get that big man.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Danny is on nearly every road trip, and has been since becoming GM.  Cousins has huge problems in terms of maturity and the Kings have encouraged him to seek counciling.  Despite this they're not dealing him and he's made clear he doesn't want out.  We wouldn't want him; pure team poison despite his talent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The ship is stinking fast, ooppps, I mean sinking fast. I watch my Cs down here in TX. Boy they stink. They just don't have the talent or a decent bench. Time for a big trade is right.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

As great as Rondo is or could be, he just can't keep his head where it needs to be every night. In the game. He is still immature and makes costly decisions. He is replaceable. If not Rondo, how about Pierce. I know he has been a C all his career, but time is no longer on his side.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Wrong Fierce.  There are plenty of teams that buy into his value as you do.

You say:  no way Rondo will be traded.

I say:  Rondo will be gone by January 15th.

The loser needs to acknoweldge his defeat and respect to the winner with grace.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Count me in on the NO Rondo trade bandwagon.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I will buy in as well.  Rondo will not be traded by Jan. 15th.  If he is, I will openly acknowledge your insight and instinct as vastly superior to mine.  Will you do the same if he is not?

That, I believe will meet your requirements of gracefully acknowledging defeat.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Rondo is here to stay. Pierce is here to stay. Bass, Lee, Melo are the main trade bait right now. Green and Sullinger are also possibilities. No one really knows for sure as Ainge did trade Perkins out of the blue, but these seem like the likeliest possibilities.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

trading rondo for a big man is counter productive. Our CURRENT team, plus a big man, is championship quality. remove Rondo and thats not the case anymore. duh.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Even if we could get a skilled big man, that still leaves us with "the Rondo problem."

Huh? How so?

The team plays better ball when Rondo doesn't suit up. A higher winning percentage when Rondo doesn't play over the past 2 1/4 seasons.

So why not trade R9R for the big?

Why not indeed!

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

And you would know he is a 3 dollar bill cause youre one too.

tell me what rondo does for this team.  is it his:

1) great bend-the-knees defense?

2) all around competent offensive game?

3) free throw shooting 75%+ so he's not a liability in last minutes of close games?

4) is he a tempo pusher?

5) is he even exciting to watch this year, other than every 8th-10th game?

6) is that he is trending toward another 10 ppg season, while he craftily holds 20 ppg skills within his black box that nobody can seem to get him to try to open except for playoff time?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Even if we could get a skilled big man, that still leaves us with "the Rondo problem."

Huh? How so?

The team plays better ball when Rondo doesn't suit up. A higher winning percentage when Rondo doesn't play over the past 2 1/4 seasons.

So why not trade R9R for the big?

Why not indeed!

Pud

trade him for a big and a back up PG that will be good enough.  we just let shaun livingston, not my favorite guy, but still a back up PG go by on waivers the other day.  danny has deftly avoided having nearly ANY decent back up pg the last 6 years!!!  why?  so rondo can be so "important"!!

Sections
Shortcuts