Danny Boy, Rondo for a big guy in a BLOCKBUSTER !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Danny Boy, Rondo for a big guy in a BLOCKBUSTER !!!!

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even if we could get a skilled big man, that still leaves us with "the Rondo problem."

Huh? How so?

The team plays better ball when Rondo doesn't suit up. A higher winning percentage when Rondo doesn't play over the past 2 1/4 seasons.

So why not trade R9R for the big?

Why not indeed!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

trade him for a big and a back up PG that will be good enough.  we just let shaun livingston, not my favorite guy, but still a back up PG go by on waivers the other day.  danny has deftly avoided having nearly ANY decent back up pg the last 6 years!!!  why?  so rondo can be so "important"!!

[/QUOTE]

I wish we could have gotten Jarett Jack.  I have always liked him. (as a backup)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wrong Fierce.  There are plenty of teams that buy into his value as you do.

You say:  no way Rondo will be traded.

I say:  Rondo will be gone by January 15th.

The loser needs to acknoweldge his defeat and respect to the winner with grace.  

[/QUOTE]

I will buy in as well.  Rondo will not be traded by Jan. 15th.  If he is, I will openly acknowledge your insight and instinct as vastly superior to mine.  Will you do the same if he is not?

That, I believe will meet your requirements of gracefully acknowledging defeat.

[/QUOTE]

Of course!  Clearly I'm out on a shakey limb...and for me its more wishful thinking. But if we can get a quality starting center and a reliable scoring SG without trading Rondo I will still be a happy camper, regarless of losing the bet. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of you guys are going to be so miserable when you see Rondo starting for the East All-Stars and when Rondo plays well for the Celts in the playoffs.

Again, the NBA is a business first and a sport second. Rondo's popularity is growing. Whether the Celts can win a championship or not, he will not be traded this season. 

[/QUOTE]

I would swap Rondo for Curry even up if they would  be foolish enough to do it.

I am so happy I did not go to this game with some fellow Celtic & Warrior fans tonight. Just got off the phone & was told that in so many years past practically half the crowd rooted for Boston( was the same at Sox-As   game but that has changed too) as Celtic fan presence is minor. Of course, the Warriors are VG this year and fill up always these days. KG & PP look tired and old. I won't bash Allen anymore as if he stayed, we'd had 3 old guys and no better record. At least he has a chance for another ring. But we do have 3 old guys because Terry is now the 3rd. We have no inside presence. We have a bunch of average forwards, Green, Lee, Bass(playing OK tonight) etc.  David Lee at 6 ft 9 is better than any of our forwards and is driving to the basket at will. The only bright spot is Sullinger playing in the post similar to Big Baby whom I miss. Problem is neither one is a 6 ft 11  or 7 footer so could complete with Howard, Bynum, Gasol etc.  Curry & Lee are better than anyone we have.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill do us a favor and just stick with the Red Sox forum. You only want to come around when the team is down and you can do one of your typical "blow the team up" thingies.

"Blowing the team up" and "blockbuster" trades don't work in the NBA 

I know you don't understand the NBA very well, so here's the deal:

Ainge can't assess this team until Bradley comes back. Rondo and Bradley tend to play very well together FYI. 

Very few teams are out of playoff contention right now. So, there are no bigs available. 

Let me repeat that: there are no bigs available. 

Why is that? Because NO ONE IS READY TO BLOW THEIR TEAM UP YET. 

Closer to the February deadline, Danny will make a move and get a big. 

He won't be trading Rondo though, there isn't a big good enough in the league for Rondo that a team would trade. 

Ainge is gonna try to get there with other trade bait and draft picks. 

Oh, yeah, there is one big - Cousins. He can be available sooner because he is a freakin' head case. He makes Rondo look like an altar boy. 

No way is Ainge trading Rondo for that, though he will certainly try to go after Cousins. 

Thanks for trolling the Celts forum, see you in the Sox forum soon....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The team plays better ball when Rondo doesn't suit up"

Oh yeah they looked AWESOME tonight without Rondo. Just AWESOME. 

The Golden State players commented on Rondo's absence and how it hurt the Celts after the game. But what would they know. You're a forum dude, they're just guys who actually play against him. 

Rondo has not been everything he could be this season, he has some stepping up to do as does everyone on the team, but he is not the biggest problem by any means. 

It amazes me you continue to pick on the ONLY player on the Celts roster that is seriously overplaying his contract. Literally, he's the only one who is beyond his value on paper and he's the one you want shipped out. Really smart. 

How come you never pick on Jeff Green? I guess making 9 million to show up every so often is fine. You pick on Rondo's mental game all the time - Rondo's mental game is Jordanesque compared to Green's.

(You could argue Sullinger is quickly becoming more valuable than his contract but I'm talking about those on the team that have fairly significant contracts). By the way, Doc, time to run some plays for Sully on the block!!!! Get the kid the ball!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wish we could have gotten Jarett Jack.  I have always liked him. (as a backup)

[/QUOTE]

there have been a ton of ham and egger PG's who have floated by while rondo remained the apple of danny and doc's eye and they never got him a back up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He won't be trading Rondo though, there isn't a big good enough in the league for Rondo that a team would trade. 

Ainge is gonna try to get there with other trade bait and draft picks. 

[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhhh.  well, is a ball stopping ballhog of a point guard who cannot shoot with any competency from the free throw line or just basic perimeter shots worth 11.9 and then 12.9 MILLION DOLLARS over the next two years?????  he leads the league in assists because NOBODY ELSE TOUCHES THE BALL

it'd be one thing if he was an up tempo slasher, straight up defensive stalwart who could hti 6 out of 10 wide open 16 foot jumpers and free throws at 70%.  then you'd have rondo at 20 points per game, 10 dimes, GOOD dimes, not slow the team down to die dimes, and an HONEST (no gambling) two steals per game- that would be a bargain and he'd be do for a raise.

as it is, rondo has regressed this season just like he does every season.  he's too haughty and "bored" it seems to play a full season of all out basketball really trying to hone is offensive craft into a consistent weapon.  then each post season we get to see the "serious" rajon who goes out and tries to really score consistently and he consistently fails. 

and it doesn't take much.  he might hav a good few games or a whole series, but eventually, his confidence, that is the size of a mustard seed in that big over inflated ego head of his, gets rattled and he disappears back into himself and will no longer drive the lane for fear of drawing free throw attempts.  he's not afraid of drawing fouls, he just doens't want the freebies!!

speaking of that, how is a PG like rondo with his speed and penetrating ability not able to average 4 to 5 FTA pre game?  remember nate archibald?  rondo's even better than tiny was when we got the dregs of tiny.  he's arguably every bit as fast as tiny ever was.  but what we see is something like a lesser version of mookie blaylock every season, year in, year out.

it's tiring to me to watch this circus.  he's NOT WORTH 25 million over the next two years.  not unless the game changes.  and danny and doc have made it so comfortable for him that we have a head case that's worse than cousins.  at least cousins brings it each night for his position statistically.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfkeleher. Show mfkeleher's posts

I don't see any blockbuster trades that would result in a championship during Paul and Kevin's remaining years.  We're more than one great player from contention, and trading Rondo would increase that distance.  Better to build for the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there have been a ton of ham and egger PG's who have floated by while rondo remained the apple of danny and doc's eye and they never got him a back up.

[/QUOTE]

I continue to wonder why we have never gotten a true backup point guard.  One that is a threat from 3 pt range and normal pt guard duties.  We always get a 2 guard and try to make him a pt guard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

I continue to wonder why we have never gotten a true backup point guard.  One that is a threat from 3 pt range and normal pt guard duties.  We always get a 2 guard and try to make him a pt guard.

[/QUOTE]

Management has been afraid that R9R would feel threatened by a skilled BUPG. Could get into Rondo's head and cause a bad scene.

Starbury had to come out and state that he was happy backing up Rondo before he was signed.

Pud

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts