Danny but what about our record?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Danny but what about our record?

I am not going to question the trades. Perk had limitations that were always a problem for us offensively.  

The problem is the disruption at a time when it appears best record could be lost.
    There is not a substitute for best record with this aging team.  Losing last night and what could be Sat and in the next two weeks adding even more losses during what is now a major adjustment period is going to be very hard to overcome. I don't care how good we become.

I am also concerned about team chemistry. This team has been so close and together especially amongst it key players.  Shaq who I have loved being here has been known to be less than unselfish.

The concern is the trades effected over forty per cent of the guys who suited up and this can only be a time for adjustment over the next 26 games.  Best record seems very much in question with this type of roster shuffle. Danny and Doc must know this so we will see why they felt this had to be done.

We sure looked good against the Lakers in LA. With all our players healthy which we can't seem to do right now we were awfully good.  Last night's loss was expected but how many more are coming for the same reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Re: Danny but what about our record?

Team record 0-1 without perk.  Not a good start but we had half a team last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The team is going to have to start winning soon.  Best record is important.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Danny but what about our record?:
    [QUOTE]The team is going to have to start winning soon.  Best record is important.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    ...but not as important as being healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course, but don't you think these moves put incredible stress on the Big Three to play even more minutes the next week or two.

I am not even against what has happened. I am only pointing out the sudden change in the quest for best record. Doc wanted was best record this year. It is very much in question now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I truly think Ainge just threw away the LAST year we could have won the championship. This will go down as one of the DUMBEST trades ever. It's all in the news, and blogosphere.

Danny Ainge's days are NUMBERED if we don't win the Finals this year, and rightfully so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think we should just let this thing play out.  Of our next 11 games, only 2 teams have winning records today and, one of them, Phoenix, has a record of 28 - 27.

Also, since players bought out MUST be on NBA rosters by March 1 in order to qualify for the playoffs, we should see this come together by Monday (if not this weekend).

I anticipate we will have a "full squad" at our practice next Wednesday morning in preparation for the Phonix game (hopefully including Shaq).  That is where we will continue our quest for best record in the East.

By this time next week, I anticipate we may all be singing a different tune.  I am excited by the prospects of that.  We will be better!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is interesting because if you are anything like me you go back and forth on  these moves.  I heard Ainge on tv last night and felt better and then when I saw the game last night I wondered what is going to happen to our record during this adjustment.  

I think the answer is that in two weeks our record will have a few more losses and unless Miami and Chicago lose as much we will have given up a very important advantage.

The other thing I am bothered by is loss of chemistry.  Seeing Rondo lose his best friend who was treated pretty poorly may really effect our most important player other than Garnett.  I wonder what KG the leader of this team  thinks as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Concord:  It is interesting because if you are anything like me you go back and forth on  these moves.

That pretty much sums up how I feel.  I know this is the best move for the long term, but as a "win now" kind of guy, I feel like the others - we broke up a winning team.  But, I don't think it means MORE minutes for the starters because Green is a very good player who can play extended minutes.  He started for a top 4 team in the west, guys.  He's a darn good player.  Krstic is "ok" and will help out more than Semih.  The key here is Shaq and what Danny does as the buyouts happen.   We may all be happy with this when its over.   

Danny took a huge risk.  We'll all just have to see if the long term benefits he gained cost us number 18.  I sure hope not.  We're still a great team and we "could" get better over the coming weeks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bertie-wooster2. Show bertie-wooster2's posts

Danny blew up a 1st place team... enough said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

For all those that want to blast Ainge please take a chill pill or crow could be tasting nice in a few weeks. He's got an incomplete team right now. Let him finish before you throw him under the bus. Warm up the bus if you want too, I would just wait for all the players to get on board before you drive it over Ainge.

Let's see who comes out and boards the bus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Danny blew up a 1st place team... enough said.
    Posted by bertie-wooster2[/QUOTE]

Bertie, we traded on player that could would help us the rest of the year. ONE.  Nate has been bad all year, LH had one good game, SE was a filler that everyone got overjoyed with mainly because he was a Celtic, and MD who may never play again.  We got 2 starters from a top 4 team in the western conference. A possible young stud SF, a center that will produce a lot more offensively and some less defensively (not known yet how much),  we got better free throw shooting, rest for PP,RA.  Hopefully we get someone bought out.  We got a #1 pick that may not be a bad pick.  Now please tell me how Danny BLEW up our team.  He modified it.  Remains to be seen weather it works or not.  We were 33-10 without Perk.  I think maybe 8-5 since he came back.  Don't give up the ship yet we are just begininng this boat ride.  ( don't forget that huge #2 pick we got) LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

"Doc had touted the fact that the starting five had never lost a playoff series," Jackson said, his sarcasm starting to increase. "I'm sure most everybody has heard it in the NBA, that this starting five has never lost a playoff series. Well, they go down without ever having lost a playoff series." -Phil Jackson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Actually this trade(s) should be good for our record.
    Perk is injured anyway (aftermissing 50% of the season anyway), so is Daniels. Harangody didn't play and had 1 (one!) good game in the entire year.
    Nate is a funny guy but he played terrible the entire season.

We lost just Erden (who is also not at 100 % health) and in return we got to startes from a top 4 team in the west. And finally we filled that hole Posey left after his departure.

We improved on the perimeter and changed a rookie soft center against an experienced soft center.

For the RS we should be fine with this trade.
    In the Play-offs it is a different story. Perks defense will be missed until we can`t find a decent replacement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I truly think Ainge just threw away the LAST year we could have won the championship. This will go down as one of the DUMBEST trades ever. It's all in the news, and blogosphere. Danny Ainge's days are NUMBERED if we don't win the Finals this year, and rightfully so.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

your strong stance against this trade has been noted, we shall see if (and IMO when) the egg is all over your face

Sections
Shortcuts