Danny Do Nothing!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3865587. Show user_3865587's posts

Danny Do Nothing!

Why is it we have no cap room!  With the high payroll we should have some stars?l Instead we have players apparently no one desires. Danny Do Nothing should get rid of these over payed players and bring in some free agents instead of doing nothing!!!!!!!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Danny Do Nothing!

It is quite strange that we have a hodge podge of players and one star player and no cap space. Something needs to be done with Anthony, Wallace, Bass and Green.

Ainge has a ton of money in the bank but he's walking around broke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

It is quite strange that we have a hodge podge of players and one star player and no cap space. Something needs to be done with Anthony, Wallace, Bass and Green.

Anthony and Bass are expirings. Green may choose to opt out as well. That leaves Wallace.  He may be with the Cs thru the end of his contract unless he us bundled with a pick.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Anthony and Bass are expirings. Green may choose to opt out as well. That leaves Wallace.  He may be with the Cs thru the end of his contract unless he us bundled with a pick.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

Rondo and Thornton are also expiring...Turner, I believe is a 1 yr deal.

Wallace should be stretched.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Da has not pulled off some blockbuster moves but I think he's done a good job making our team a little better and given us a lot of financial flexibility. It's not even the end of July !! I am way more pleased with DAs moves so far than let's say LALs moves or Houstons moves or Miami's moves. Actually other than Clev,Wash,Chi and Dallas we've improved more using less than most teams in the NBA, again it's still July. I'm no cap expert by any means but isn't the whole salary cap tax implications tabulate at the end of the season not 4 months before it starts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why stretch him now?  What would it gain them?  They are headed towards another Tankapalooza season.

If they were trying to sign a star free agent I could see them stretching him. They are no way near that this year. After next he will be an expiring that may allow Danny to use in upgrades. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

How do you make something out of nothing?

He is one of the better talent evaluators and management guys, even if it takes time they will improve and that's a comfort.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

About time somebody else figured this out!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

About time somebody else figured this out!

What does stretching Wallace now gain them? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

To paraphrase Sol Hurok:  If people don't want to trade with you, you can't stop them.  :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Da has not pulled off some blockbuster moves but I think he's done a good job making our team a little better and given us a lot of financial flexibility. It's not even the end of July !! I am way more pleased with DAs moves so far than let's say LALs moves or Houstons moves or Miami's moves. Actually other than Clev,Wash,Chi and Dallas we've improved more using less than most teams in the NBA, again it's still July. I'm no cap expert by any means but isn't the whole salary cap tax implications tabulate at the end of the season not 4 months before it starts?

Yup ... you just don't want to go over the apron then you lose all your "over the cap benefits."

The apron is $4MM above the Luxury Tax line which is suppose to be $76.8MM, so we can carry up to $80MM before shedding contracts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why stretch him now?  What would it gain them?  They are headed towards another Tankapalooza season.

If they were trying to sign a star free agent I could see them stretching him. They are no way near that this year. After next he will be an expiring that may allow Danny to use in upgrades. 

Because if another team wants to shed an all-star like player or waives one, Danny needs room to react. Bogans only gets him $5MM but stretching Wallace now gets him an extra $6MM for a total of $10MM which means we can afford to pick up a major dump by another team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Who should we be focused on Aldridge or KD. It will take too long to just build through the draft. We need a big fish.

We have one team who is ready to trade the last 2 #1 overall picks. Youth gets you fired, experience saves your job.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

DA is year 2 into a rebuilding programme.  Give it some time.  Assuming you think rebuilding is the way to go (not all do), also realise it takes time, draft picks and expiring contracts to make larger deals.  Above all else, it takes a star player on the trade block, which happens infrequently.    

I don't want Ainge to make moves for the sake of making moves.  I want him to acquire assets and maintain flexibility so he can make the right moves at the right time.  

We have a good, young coach, a lot of assets, and some promising players.  I am happy where this team is at present and accept that it may be a few years before this team can really compete in the east.  I am confident that DA will get this team back to contender status.  

If you can't accept the realities of what's happening with this team as it rebuilds, prepare to be frustrated for a long time.  Those who say DA didn't do enough to get Love, it was a long shot at best.     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UWhuskiesAJM. Show UWhuskiesAJM's posts

We should be focused on signing both star players and building through the draft...  I understand conceptually that GMs are trying to keep their jobs but people realize in the modern era of sports that it isn't as easy as snapping your fingers and multiple star veterans are signed to your team.  You have to focus on the draft first and those players have to mature to a point where your team becomes a desirable landing spot for stars.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to UWhuskiesAJM's comment:

We should be focused on signing both star players and building through the draft...  I understand conceptually that GMs are trying to keep their jobs but people realize in the modern era of sports that it isn't as easy as snapping your fingers and multiple star veterans are signed to your team.  You have to focus on the draft first and those players have to mature to a point where your team becomes a desirable landing spot for stars.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I see your point, but I'd have to disagree somewhat.  Star players won't sign here.  You need to trade for them.  And to trade for them you may have to part with your young talent.  So you need to draft talented players and parlay them into all-star calibre vets. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

DA is year 2 into a rebuilding programme.  Give it some time.  Assuming you think rebuilding is the way to go (not all do), also realise it takes time, draft picks and expiring contracts to make larger deals.  Above all else, it takes a star player on the trade block, which happens infrequently.    

I don't want Ainge to make moves for the sake of making moves.  I want him to acquire assets and maintain flexibility so he can make the right moves at the right time.  

We have a good, young coach, a lot of assets, and some promising players.  I am happy where this team is at present and accept that it may be a few years before this team can really compete in the east.  I am confident that DA will get this team back to contender status.  

If you can't accept the realities of what's happening with this team as it rebuilds, prepare to be frustrated for a long time.  Those who say DA didn't do enough to get Love, it was a long shot at best.     

WOOHOOO!!! Right on! Perfectly said!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Your post is spot on.  Good job. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to UWhuskiesAJM's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I see your point, but I'd have to disagree somewhat.  Star players won't sign here.  You need to trade for them.  And to trade for them you may have to part with your young talent.  So you need to draft talented players and parlay them into all-star calibre vets. 

Since the salary cap was put in place how many years have the Cs been under the cap enough so they could pursue a star free agent that they wanted?  My guess is less than the fingers on one hand.  I think it's more a situation where they've rarely been under the cap to go after a player they wanted.  Thoughts? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

It ain't often that someone pulls a Sol Hurok out of the darkness on this board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Whose the "star", Rondon't?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

C'mon man, that's funny!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

THIS^

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:

It ain't often that someone pulls a Sol Hurok out of the darkness on this board.

Only time I've ever seen it!

Trust me, the youngsters on this board are hitting the old wikipedia to look him up right now :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Oh really?  And DA has positioned the C's with cap flexibility next year in trying to pursue a fa like Durant?  No team wants the Celtic's garbage which is all they have to offer other than draft picks.  Enjoy! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

How is your best GM in the league doing?  And how is "we never build through the draft" going also?  It is a pleasure to see you here every time to remind us about how your sense of entitlement is working out for you.

Sections
Shortcuts