Danny Do Nothing!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Re: Danny Do Nothing!

Thanks Danny...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Da has not pulled off some blockbuster moves but I think he's done a good job making our team a little better and given us a lot of financial flexibility. It's not even the end of July !! I am way more pleased with DAs moves so far than let's say LALs moves or Houstons moves or Miami's moves. Actually other than Clev,Wash,Chi and Dallas we've improved more using less than most teams in the NBA, again it's still July. I'm no cap expert by any means but isn't the whole salary cap tax implications tabulate at the end of the season not 4 months before it starts?

Oh really?  And DA has positioned the C's with cap flexibility next year in trying to pursue a fa like Durant?  No team wants the Celtic's garbage which is all they have to offer other than draft picks.  Enjoy! 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Coming from the guy who still thinks the Bucks player's name is Jacoby Parker!!!!

Heard they want to trade the Pillsbury Dough Boy and Jordan Hill for Bledsoe.......that would be Eric Bledsoe, not Drew, son........what a hideous trade that would be.

Good news, though - Ed Davis and Ryan Kelly have both signed with the lakers - you're in business now!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Anthony and Bass are expirings. Green may choose to opt out as well. That leaves Wallace. He may be with the Cs thru the end of his contract unless he us bundled with a pick.  "

umm...not quite. Green is NOT going to opt out over his highly overpaid contract. Ainge's best bet is to trade him, but as the OP needs to keep in mind, for the most part you can't just dump contracts, you have to take players back. 

Add Bradley to your list of overpaid Celtics. And of course Rondo's fate is not yet decided. Likely to be traded but not done yet. 

All in all, our cap space is not nearly as good as I would personally want

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

How is your best GM in the league doing?  And how is "we never build through the draft" going also?  It is a pleasure to see you here every time to remind us about how your sense of entitlement is working out for you.

He's doing good says hedlylamarr who's all things Lakers.  Seems Mitch has proved himself over the years with 5 NBA Titles in 7 appearances.  Guess the Boston Celtic's gm Danny Ainge has a lot of catching up to do!  Enjoy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

he has the coach

He has picks

the cap space this year is a none issue

, who was he going to spend it on? 

he has expiring contracts and the cap is going up in 3 years

This year was never going to be a championship year

Danny is setting it up for the future, celts way better off than lakers or miami

Srill there is no guarantee , the players just may not be there. There are 1or 2 great players, a half. Dozen more really good players. the chances of stealing a Bird in the draft or a chief and a Michael in a swindle is not likely to happen. there is really only one player who excels at. All phases of the game, and he may only have 3 top yrs left

This is becoming a  depth league and less a star league.iHow many teams have two great players or HoF players? Not too many. 

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Landc

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

How is your best GM in the league doing?  And how is "we never build through the draft" going also?  It is a pleasure to see you here every time to remind us about how your sense of entitlement is working out for you.

He's doing good says hedlylamarr who's all things Lakers.  Seems Mitch has proved himself over the years with 5 NBA Titles in 7 appearances.  Guess the Boston Celtic's gm Danny Ainge has a lot of catching up to do!  Enjoy!

[object HTMLDivElement]

WOW - he is doing WELL      and has PROVEN himself ?  Is that what you meant to say?  lakers will be worse than the Celtics this year - want to bet on it?

And - I don't ordinarily post sources - but:

https://twitter.com/JonBloom/statuses/490225591040241664" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/JonBloom/statuses/490225591040241664

For the record!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Anthony and Bass are expirings. Green may choose to opt out as well. That leaves Wallace. He may be with the Cs thru the end of his contract unless he us bundled with a pick.  "

umm...not quite. Green is NOT going to opt out over his highly overpaid contract. Ainge's best bet is to trade him, but as the OP needs to keep in mind, for the most part you can't just dump contracts, you have to take players back. 

Add Bradley to your list of overpaid Celtics. And of course Rondo's fate is not yet decided. Likely to be traded but not done yet. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think it's 50 -50 on Green.  With the contracts received by Ariza and Parsons, Green may opt out.  His agent is very savvy, and if he does well, he will opt out.

If he has a year like last year, I agree he will be here again.  My gut tells me DA wants to trade him, and is working hard to do so.

Time will tell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I keep looking at Golden State.....it took them quite a while but they have built themselves a contender...

THE DUKE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

You really have to work a tad on how you present yourself with the written word. This is third grade level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

How is he doing?  Not what he has done years ago.  What happened to we never build through the draft and we are going to have all the money in the world to sign great players this offseason?  And giving away all the draft picks and money to Kobe was part of the big plan to be great again next year by the best GM ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think it's 50 -50 on Green.  With the contracts received by Ariza and Parsons, Green may opt out.  His agent is very savvy, and if he does well, he will opt out.

If he has a year like last year, I agree he will be here again.  My gut tells me DA wants to trade him, and is working hard to do so.

Time will tell.

I agree on this. His stats were comparable to Hayward's.  If he has as good or better a year then they may opt out or he may be included in a trade. If he has a worse year then they may say look what happened to Turner and play thru the contract. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

In my eyes Danny is the culprit in signing mediocre players and I do not understand his reluctance going after star FA's. I have heard enough BS "no star FA wants to sign with us, $ talks and when $80 MM are tied with mediocre players owners can't to much, Danny tied his and their hands. He's too old and arrogant, and not done any significant contributions toward a championship calibre team. If I am the owner I would fire him a while ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to lhtak's comment:

In my eyes Danny is the culprit in signing mediocre players and I do not understand his reluctance going after star FA's. I have heard enough BS "no star FA wants to sign with us, $ talks and when $80 MM are tied with mediocre players owners can't to much, Danny tied his and their hands. He's too old and arrogant, and not done any significant contributions toward a championship calibre team. If I am the owner I would fire him a while ago.

When was the last time the Cs were far enough under the cap that they could sign an available star free agent?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

When was the last time the Cs were far enough under the cap that they could sign an available star free agent?

Or when was the last time a star FA signed with the Celtics?

Or which FA are you thinking this off season that the Celtics could have signed if they had the money?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I think he is saying its Danny's fault that we are always over the cap. But I don't think it is, I just think it comes with the territory when you've just blown up a contender. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

I think he is saying its Danny's fault that we are always over the cap. But I don't think it is, I just think it comes with the territory when you've just blown up a contender. 

We could have had sizable chuck of money at the beginning of this offseason if Ainge renounced everything concievable but again for what would that cap room be used for?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Ainge could have traded some contracts to get cap money like the Cavs but what realistically would be the point of that?  Lebron?  Melo?  Or tendering Parsons or Hayward?  We were a first year rebuilding team, who the hell wants to be here?  And we had a decent TPE that was expiring and you can't use that if you go under the cap.  Where have you been, certainly not following the Celtics well enough to understand the team situation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Ainge could have traded some contracts to get cap money like the Cavs but what realistically would be the point of that?  Lebron?  Melo?  Or tendering Parsons or Hayward?  We were a first year rebuilding team, who the hell wants to be here?  And we had a decent TPE that was expiring and you can't use that if you go under the cap.  Where have you been, certainly not following the Celtics well enough to understand the team situation.

Exactly right. Next year isn't looking to hot on the free agent front either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I sometimes get a little bothered by threads like this.

If you call resigning AB, drafting Smart and Young, acquiring Thornton and Zeller and a first round pick for nothing, creating another TPE via Humphries and signing former #2 pick Evan Turner for peanuts as "doing nothing", then we need to have a chat on expectations.

Some of us, and yes I'm as guilty as anyone, propose trades on here (of course, mine are all good...lol) .  What is the reason they don't go through?  Because you need another team to make it work, and we aren't sitting across from DA in that other chair.

I am confident he has worked diligently to make trades.  Look at the Love situation.  Just yesterday I read that, while a long shot, BOS was still in the hunt for Love.

Anyone here really want Melo?  I wouldn't!

LeBron said it was MIA or CLE.......many of us knew that....we had NO chance to get LeBron.  Why didn't we offer Hayward a contract?  For the same reason no one is offering AB, Bledsoe or Monroe a contract, because the team he was on said they would match......and we would just be driving the price up.

Why are we over the cap?  Because we took the Nets to the cleaners for 3 draft picks.  And, after a year, the only bad contract left from that deal is Wallace.

After this year, Rondo, Bass, Anthony, Green and Thornton will all be off the books.  That's about 38 mill on a quick calculation.  Or over half the cap.  (Green has ETO, and Falk is his agent, so I'm assuming he'll opt out)  If next summer we stretch Wallace, that's another 5.  The Fav experiment could be over, that's another 2.

Danny knows what he is doing, even if it's unclear to the rest of us.  Once Love is traded, I think the league will open up more.  He WILL make at least one big trade this year, now or at the deadline.

For those hoping for Aldridge - forget it - he'll stay in POR

Durant will either go to WAS, LAL or OKC................

Patience, people, patience............................

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah, when you consider he has already rebuilt one third of the team recently he only needs to pick up a couple more roll players, and he will be set to look for a Big Kahuna or two , and we could be looking a bit like a San Antonio, a dep skilledteam.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Who do you think is responsible for it ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Who do you think is responsible for it ?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Pierce, Garnett and Allen took us almost to the cap by themselves.  Throw in Rondo and Perkins, and we're over.  That team won us a title, and "could/should" have won at least one more.  He let Posey and Allen go for cap reasons, he turned idiot Davis into Bass, drafted Sully, Oly, Smart and Young.......what more do you expect?  He traded the "stars" (Allen walked on his own), got Green and Krstic for Perk.  The "mediocre" players you speak of were role players on a good team.  To expect them to be good players on a bad team is unrealistic.

Rondo at 12 and Wallace at 10  -  any other ridiculous contracts?  Again, Bass, Thornton, Green (IMO) and Anthony will all be gone after this season.  Stretch Wallace and let Rondo walk.  (If he can't trade him)

He tried to get Love to play with Rondo - Flip didn't like our players..............we have to move on now, and try to get something for Rondo.

It takes years to rebuild, and your expectations for getting under the cap are unrealistic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

He was hired as executive in 2003, now compare his success with top 5% executives in the league over this duration.  If i am the owner, With the boston resources i would expect my return to be better, much better. He's not cutting it guys, management is the most important thing in success, they set the direction. Danny had about>10 years, time for a change.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He was hired as executive in 2003, now compare his success with top 5% executives in the league over this duration.  If i am the owner, With the boston resources i would expect my return to be better, much better. He's not cutting it guys, management is the most important thing in success, they set the direction. Danny had about>10 years, time for a change.

[object HTMLDivElement]

In 2003 we were a laughing stock.  By 2008 we were the Champs.  I'd say that's top 5 % - you can say what you want!

Sections
Shortcuts