DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON.........

TO TRANSFORM THIS ROSTER INTO CONTENDERS FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS.......   COME JULY, NO ONE WILL EVER REMEMBER THIS YEARS N B A.......   DANNY, GO FOR IT, LOOK AT EACH DEAL THAT COMES YOUR WAY AND MAKE THE MOST OF THEM......  THE ALTERNATIVE IS NOT GOOOOD !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON.........

A great opportunity to muck it up. I'm glad I'm not in DA's shoes, it won't be easy to get a great team moving forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Bill - Instead of simply using all caps and bold... how about suggesting something.  I think you'll find that it is quite difficult to come up with ideas re: the Big-3 that are realistic and better long-term than letting the season play out (IMO, by the end of the season we are looking at a 6-7 seed and a 6 gives us a fighting chance of making some noise...).  Everyone wants to trade RA/KG while they have "value"... But the trade has to have more value to the organization than the cap space that will exist at the end of the year (and potential to resign either at reduced cost if they were so inclined). 

Since salaries have to "match" adn all 3 make major $$, we're going to be taking back contracts that extend beyond this year or other teams won't make the trade.  There may be a unique situation out there with a team that has a trade exception, expiring contract, and a draft pick that might make trading KG/RA worth more to the Celtics than the flexibility that will come from doing nothing... I haven't been able to think of one and none on this board (PP for Rudy Gay or RA for Serge Ibaka) are very realistic from the other tam's perspective.  Also, comments on Blatche or Mayo - yuck... give me the cap flexibility any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Instead of just shouting all over the board - how about actually offering a suggestion here or there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON.........:
    Bill - Instead of simply using all caps and bold... how about suggesting something.  I think you'll find that it is quite difficult to come up with ideas re: the Big-3 that are realistic and better long-term than letting the season play out (IMO, by the end of the season we are looking at a 6-7 seed and a 6 gives us a fighting chance of making some noise...).  Everyone wants to trade RA/KG while they have "value"... But the trade has to have more value to the organization than the cap space that will exist at the end of the year (and potential to resign either at reduced cost if they were so inclined).  Since salaries have to "match" adn all 3 make major $$, we're going to be taking back contracts that extend beyond this year or other teams won't make the trade.  There may be a unique situation out there with a team that has a trade exception, expiring contract, and a draft pick that might make trading KG/RA worth more to the Celtics than the flexibility that will come from doing nothing... I haven't been able to think of one and none on this board (PP for Rudy Gay or RA for Serge Ibaka) are very realistic from the other tam's perspective.  Also, comments on Blatche or Mayo - yuck... give me the cap flexibility any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Instead of just shouting all over the board - how about actually offering a suggestion here or there.
    Posted by Bird-to-DJ
    THANK YOU, OH LIBERAL ONE........  "LET ME BE CLEAR",   1/ I KNOW IT IS TOUGH TO DEAL IN THE N B A...... 2/ WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH THE AGE OF THE "BIG 3"......... 3/MAKE THE BEST OF THIS SHORT YEAR AND TRY & GET YOUNGER AND BETTER AT EACH POSITION AS WELL AS ADITIONAL DEPTH....... 4/ KEEP AN OPEN MIND TO POTENTIAL DEALS AND BE PREPARED TO PULL THE TRIGGER........ 5/ NOTHING WORSE, THAN WATCHING A PRO TEAM AGE IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.......  THE REST IS UP TO DANNY, IT'S HIS TEAM AND HE GETS THE BIG $$$$ TO KEEP THEM IN CONTETION, CERTAINLY NOT US "KNIGHTS OF THE KEYBOARD" WITH ALL THE BRIGHT ANSWERS !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Danny better not screw this up...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON.........:
    In Response to Re: DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON......... : THANK YOU, OH LIBERAL ONE........  "LET ME BE CLEAR",   1/ I KNOW IT IS TOUGH TO DEAL IN THE N B A...... 2/ WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH THE AGE OF THE "BIG 3"......... 3/MAKE THE BEST OF THIS SHORT YEAR AND TRY & GET YOUNGER AND BETTER AT EACH POSITION AS WELL AS ADITIONAL DEPTH....... 4/ KEEP AN OPEN MIND TO POTENTIAL DEALS AND BE PREPARED TO PULL THE TRIGGER........ 5/ NOTHING WORSE, THAN WATCHING A PRO TEAM AGE IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.......  THE REST IS UP TO DANNY, IT'S HIS TEAM AND HE GETS THE BIG $$$$ TO KEEP THEM IN CONTETION, CERTAINLY NOT US "KNIGHTS OF THE KEYBOARD" WITH ALL THE BRIGHT ANSWERS !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

"Oh Liberal One..." not sure where that came from, but that is neither here nor there... :)

Here's two quickies for you: assuming DA will look for better alternatives, particularly if we are not looking like a playogg team, do you think that doing nothing is potentially a good move or does "transform" as your initial post begins require, in your opinion, action/trades today and that letting the RA/KG contracts expire is an insufficient plan of action?

Two: if we near the deadline and look to be a 6-7 seed, should DA focus on the playoffs or "blow it up" if he sees no hope of getting out of the 1st round...?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON......... : "Oh Liberal One..." not sure where that came from, but that is neither here nor there... :) Here's two quickies for you: assuming DA will look for better alternatives, particularly if we are not looking like a playogg team, do you think that doing nothing is potentially a good move or does "transform" as your initial post begins require, in your opinion, action/trades today and that letting the RA/KG contracts expire is an insufficient plan of action? Two: if we near the deadline and look to be a 6-7 seed, should DA focus on the playoffs or "blow it up" if he sees no hope of getting out of the 1st round...?
    Posted by Bird-to-DJ
      THANKS FOR STAYING AT IT..... "LET ME BE CLEAR",  KINDLY GO BACK TO MY ORIGINAL POST.  I KNOW IT'S NOT EASY MANAGING A ROSTER/CONTRACTS IN THE N B A.......  DANNY HAS ALREADY SAID THAT HE DOES NOT WANT TO DO WHAT RED DID WITH THE BIRD, MCHALE,PARISH GROUP..... SO, ALL IM SAYING IS THAT CELTICS NATION SHOULD STAND WITH DANNY AND BE ON BOARD IF HE HAS THE CHANCE TO "TRANSFORM" THE ROSTER..... ACTUALLY, IF HE CAN MOVE THE BIG 3 AND/OR RONDO/OR ANYBODY ELSE, THEN DO IT !!!  AS I WRITE, DANNY IS ON WEEI WITH GLEN "FAT" ORDWAY, AND HE IS REALLY SAYING THE SAME THING !!! 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1954ricky. Show 1954ricky's posts

Step down!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Step down!!
    Posted by 1954ricky
      NO, NO.....  STEP UP AND "TRANSFORM" THAT ROSTER !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WELL DANNY,  FRIDAY NIGHT WAS THE SAME......  I THINK THAT WE HAVE ENOUGH OF A SEASON SAMPLE...........  GET THE BEST DEALS YOU CAN, SON  ........  ALSO, GET YOUNGER TOO !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1954ricky. Show 1954ricky's posts

How about this.
    Dear old Danny boy is the root cause problem for the team’s current dilemma.
    He traded younger players we needed to help our veteran players.
    These younger players would have been a bridge to the future of our success.
    He signs old players that have had limited minutes and injury issues.
    He did not resign players we needed as solid role players in case of injuries.
    Case in point, West was not resigned and Rondo is hurt.
    Fans patience have limits!!
    Danny needs to just step down.
    Thanks for #17 danny.
    You're no great basketball mind, signing KG and Ray to help PP was a no brainer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

How about this. Dear old Danny boy is the root cause problem for the team’s current dilemma. He traded younger players we needed to help our veteran players. These younger players would have been a bridge to the future of our success. He signs old players that have had limited minutes and injury issues. He did not resign players we needed as solid role players in case of injuries. Case in point, West was not resigned and Rondo is hurt. Fans patience have limits!! Danny needs to just step down. Thanks for #17 danny. You're no great basketball mind, signing KG and Ray to help PP was a no brainer.
    Posted by 1954ricky
    DELONTE WEST IS/WAS NOT THE ANSWER......  NOT UNLESS HE WAS GOING TO GET A TATOO OF BILL RUSSELL.......  OH THATS RIGHT, HIS BODY COULD NOT TAKE ANOTHER TATOO !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON......... : THANK YOU, OH LIBERAL ONE........  "LET ME BE CLEAR",   1/ I KNOW IT IS TOUGH TO DEAL IN THE N B A...... 2/ WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH THE AGE OF THE "BIG 3"......... 3/MAKE THE BEST OF THIS SHORT YEAR AND TRY & GET YOUNGER AND BETTER AT EACH POSITION AS WELL AS ADITIONAL DEPTH....... 4/ KEEP AN OPEN MIND TO POTENTIAL DEALS AND BE PREPARED TO PULL THE TRIGGER........ 5/ NOTHING WORSE, THAN WATCHING A PRO TEAM AGE IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.......  THE REST IS UP TO DANNY, IT'S HIS TEAM AND HE GETS THE BIG $$$$ TO KEEP THEM IN CONTETION, CERTAINLY NOT US "KNIGHTS OF THE KEYBOARD" WITH ALL THE BRIGHT ANSWERS !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

i think the...BOLD & CAPS... are there for everyones' choosing...

go for it bill....it sure makes it easier for my bad vision to read all this foolishness

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

How about this. Dear old Danny boy is the root cause problem for the team’s current dilemma. He traded younger players we needed to help our veteran players. These younger players would have been a bridge to the future of our success. He signs old players that have had limited minutes and injury issues. He did not resign players we needed as solid role players in case of injuries. Case in point, West was not resigned and Rondo is hurt. Fans patience have limits!! Danny needs to just step down. Thanks for #17 danny. You're no great basketball mind, signing KG and Ray to help PP was a no brainer.
    Posted by 1954ricky

finally.........amen.....amen......amen.............bye danny.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Posted by 1954ricky

I think the most telling thing DA said on his most recent appearence on EEI is that you if you sign role players to big contracts then you hamstrung your team. I can see that logic being applied to an older Posey but I think DA regrets not making a stronger effort to resign TA & Perk. Plus, choosing an older Dooling over Delonte and giving up Semih & Luke to free up roster spots for washed up vets in effect did wash out our bridge to the future.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: DANNY HAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SHORT LOCKOUT SEASON......... : I think the most telling thing DA said on his most recent appearence on EEI is that you if you sign role players to big contracts then you hamstrung your team. I can see that logic being applied to an older Posey but I think DA regrets not making a stronger effort to resign TA & Perk. Plus, choosing an older Dooling over Delonte and giving up Semih & Luke to free up roster spots for washed up vets in effect did wash out our bridge to the future.  
    Posted by wfdog

Excellent post.  All valid comments.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Keep in mind if Pierce, Allen and Garnett were stocks you would be selling them at an all time low.  They will not attract much buying.  Perhaps none at all despite the noise of interest the last few days.  Every terrible game they have the Celtics loss any chance to deal for anything of value.

I would not be surprised if it is too late.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Bill, lose the caps.  It looks as if you're yelling.  Caps in bold look as if you're screaming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Now Celtics news for the hearing impaired:

Our top story tonight:

OUR TOP STORY TONIGHT...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

not sure if I see the great opportunity, how many great players really want to come here? will be very interesting to see if Ainge can pull this off...

Sections
Shortcuts