Danny, here is your best move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Danny, here is your best move

Regarding Mayo, I just don't think we gain that much from him.  We need a rebounding forward.  If that is all Ray will fetch, we should wait and see if the Bulls come calling at the deadline. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Danny, here is your best move:
    In Response to Danny, here is your best move : And most of the posts between your original post and the end deal with "tinkering", again.   We just don't learn.  This board is trade happy.  We are 13 games into a 66 game season and at 8 or 9 games in - everyone started posting trades.   Amazing.  I'm with sk8brd - Danny should do nothing and propose nothing until the end of February.   He should (and I think he will) just see how the team is working by the trade deadline.   Unlike Bias, I am NOT resigned to Danny trading PP and Ray.    Bias - weren't you the one advocating trades last year, then commenting this year that Danny tinkered too much, and now talking about more trades?   Wow - which way do you want it?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

All I said is that Ainge WILL make trades and I said it last year and the year before. What I mean by tinkered too much is he made Green as a priority, brought back Quis and JON. In an earlier post I said last year this time we had Shaq, JON, Erden, Krstic, Perk, KG, BBD and now we have only 2 of those guys. THAT'S TINKERING!

It's a different year and I'm not necessarily advocating trades but history tells me Ainge will make moves. Time will tell if they're the right moves and right now it's looking like they weren't. Either you get behind a move and try to think positive or you slam Ainge for making so many moves.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Pierce, Rondo and the Clippers #1, for Gay and Conley!!  The Grizzles still wouldn't bite!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

So why did you delete your post? Explain to the board why you DARED me to PROVE what you said after you DELETED your very words .... THE ENTIRE BOARD IS WAITING FOR AN EXPLANATION
    Posted by Mployee8

No, it really isn't

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Mea Culpa---I posted the below under a separate discussion entitled "Why I feel Ray Allen is the best to trade of the Big 3" and find it is appropriate here so I've copied and pasted it.

Let me first say “I love Ray Allen & appreciate the value he has been to the Celtics” but as they say, “Business is Business”.  Regarding being old, other than Rondo he’s probably the player in the best physical shape.  And when he gets open, he’s still deadly.  Our problem is we don’t have anybody else that demands double teaming…Pierce won the 3pts shooting contest last year but is not the threat that Allen is and he can’t drive to the basket as he used to.  KG is not a driving to the basket Center/Power forward so we live & die with how well he shoots his 5-15 footers.

There are many teams with which Allen would be very effective and with whom they couldn’t double team him & he’d get free frequently to take his 3 pointers and, ya know, he can still drive to the basket with an opening.  Here are a few teams that have players that need double teaming frequently, Thunder with Durant & Westbrook, Knicks with Carmelo, Stoudemire & Chandler, Bulls with Boozer & Rose, Dallas with Terry & Nowitzki…and there are more teams too but you get the idea. Any double teaming of Allen because he got hot with 3 pointers would free up these guys for outside shooting & under the basket.  Then double up these guys, and Allen gets free. Let me say that Pierce too could fit into any of these teams quite nicely too. OK, this post does not address whom we could get trading Allen or Pierce and if you guys agree with my opinion, whom do you think we could get.  Also, playing along with a very skilled big man, Gasol, Howard etc., KG would be freed up a bit and would become more effective.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Is it possible to get Taj Gibson out of Chicago?  His salary is less than two million so Ray doesn't work.  I looked up and down the roster and wondered if Hamilton could come here in a package for Ray.

Remember last year against the Heat.  Wide open threes would have been available for Ray with Rose handling the ball.  He could have real value to them.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    Hamilton is injured.  I wondered if that might make them available for Ray.

Gibson as you say is too good. Boozer probably is gettable.  I just would not want to see him here long term.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Rondo is the best player we have, stop trying to trade him! He should be a building block, the cornerstone fo the new Celtics.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Danny, here is your best move : Amen to that!
    Posted by Mployee8

I second that and have made that comments for weeks.  Point guard is the most competitive position in the NBA and we have a top 6 PG, why change that unless you get a direct upgrade (news flash that will not happen).

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Danny, here is your best move : I can't wait to see him passing off to some quick wing on a three on two as Pierce and Allen watch from the bench ... Green and Moore with Johnson the trailer!
    Posted by Mployee8

Good call, we are two teams in one at the moment.  Rondo leading the break and the 4 old guys falling behind

Sections
Shortcuts