Danny, here is your best move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Danny, here is your best move

Do nothing.

Yes, you heard me right. The team is better off you do nothing, because whenever you pull off some big move, it almost always a f**kup.  Telfair, Shaq, JON, Perkins, Green, Bradley, even Doc.  When is the last time you made a good move?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Danny, here is your best move

I'm resigned to the fact that Ainge is going to trade PP and RA. KG will remain until his contract expires at the end of this year.

I'm not confident that Ainge will be able to get anything decent for them but i do believe he will trade RA & PP.

PP for Rudy Gay and a few players would be good. PP give Memphis some playoff experience.

RA for Serge Ibaka and Daequan Cook may work.

I'm thinking they go to young playoff teams that need some experience.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um ok you seem to forget that Memphis played well without Gay last year. They are lacking playoff experience and a go to guy at the end of games.

As for RA, he would fit perferctly with OKC with Westbrook in the backcourt. They still have Aldrich, Nazr and Collison as other bigs.

Again, I said they will most likely go to young playoff teams. Who do you expect to get for RA & PP?? You want anyone off Minn, Cleveland, Sac? Those teams are still in building mode they aren't going to kill it to get PP or RA for 2 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Danny, here is your best move:
    [QUOTE]Do nothing. Yes, you heard me right. The team is better off you do nothing, because whenever you pull off some big move, it almost always a f**kup.  Telfair, Shaq, JON, Perkins, Green, Bradley, even Doc.  When is the last time you made a good move?
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]  THATS A "WOW" !!!   DANNY NEEDS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS LOCKOUT YEAR, AND TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER FOR THE FUTURE !!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    In what mad world would anyone trade someone like Rudy Gay for PP.  PP is an effective player even now, but for a young star talent like Gay.  Think about it how could that be? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You guys are looking at what PP looks like now? LOL! You really think he's going to play like this all season....NO, espeically by the time the playoffs come.

So suggest someone that we can get for PP and RA?? Remember salaries must match up so don't try that 4 garbage players for 1 All-Star.

Remember a trade has to be acceptable for both teams and Ainge isn't going to take trash for those two. He'll finish the season with them if that's the case. He said he would for YOUNG TALENT.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I don't believe everything Ainge says but the proof is in the pudding. He likes to trade that's a fact!! He just said he would trade them for young talent and I believe he'll do it if he can. We should expect a trade after the moves he's made the last 3 years.

I'm still waiting on your suggestion on who we can get for PP and RA? They do have value.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Danny, here is your best move:
    [QUOTE]I don't believe everything Ainge says but the proof is in the pudding. He likes to trade that's a fact!! He just said he would trade them for young talent and I believe he'll do it if he can. We should expect a trade after the moves he's made the last 3 years. I'm still waiting on your suggestion on who we can get for PP and RA? They do have value.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Who will trade young talent for expensive old vets?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Pierce's trade value is extremely limited.
    He is very slow, plodding and has lost his athleticism.
    Even when he scores driving through the lane, it looks like the play is in slow motion.

Watching him miss 3 wide open lay ups last night was pathetic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny, here is your best move : We can get Mayo and a draft pick for Ray. Paul Pierce will be hard to move because of his contract. I think only Ray will be traded.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

No one wants Mayo. He doesn't shoot well enough to be a SG.

ESPN has the New Trade Machine up and Gay for PP works straight up...Gay has 4 yrs left and PP has 3 yrs left on their deals.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Danny, here is your best move:
    [QUOTE]Do nothing. Yes, you heard me right. The team is better off you do nothing, because whenever you pull off some big move, it almost always a f**kup.  Telfair, Shaq, JON, Perkins, Green, Bradley, even Doc.  When is the last time you made a good move?
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

And most of the posts between your original post and the end deal with "tinkering", again.   We just don't learn.  This board is trade happy.  We are 13 games into a 66 game season and at 8 or 9 games in - everyone started posting trades.   Amazing.  I'm with sk8brd - Danny should do nothing and propose nothing until the end of February.   He should (and I think he will) just see how the team is working by the trade deadline.   Unlike Bias, I am NOT resigned to Danny trading PP and Ray.   

Bias - weren't you the one advocating trades last year, then commenting this year that Danny tinkered too much, and now talking about more trades?   Wow - which way do you want it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce's trade value is extremely limited. He is very slow, plodding and has lost his athleticism. Even when he scores driving through the lane, it looks like the play is in slow motion. Watching him miss 3 wide open lay ups last night was pathetic.
    Posted by mtrax[/

Let's not put him on the curb just yet. I'm sure the heel is still bothering him. He's really still in training camp mode probably.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts