Danny is not on a roll!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Danny is not on a roll!

I just looked at how Nate Robinson scored 25 and helped GS beat the Heat last night.  I don't have the stats but Delonte had a big night in the Dallas win last night. Marshon Brooks looks to be a star in the making in New Jersey.

Jeff Green had heart  surgery and is now an unrestricted free agent.  There are more, Tony Allen and Posey three years ago. To lesser degree we gave up Perkins and now have JON.  You get the picture why are they making changes and replacing them with significantly worse players?

The big three were wonderful, but it is time to look at how having them around has made Danny Ainge go soft in assessing talent.  We have lost a lot of talent the last four years and we are materially worse.  Doc in reality might have had Marshon Brooks on the bench if he was here watching Bradley stink it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: Danny is not on a roll!

The only talent he's really assessed has been Rondo. Anyone in their right mind would have picked up Allen or Garnett via trade. And those three things are really all he's done. I can't think of any other move, unless you count PJ Brown as a bench guy, that's been all that great in assessing talent. Posey came in as a proven piece with Miami. House came in as a known shooter. And PP was already around.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kirk,
    And that championship was wonderful.  We have not made great moves with our personnel since is my point.  They were right about three years for a window.  It looks like four is not in the cards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Yes, they won a championship, and made a great run the next year too! And I loved every minute of it. But that still doesn't change the fact that Danny hasn't really made any successful moves that weren't idiot-proof other than drafting Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I like DA but I can't think of too many moves that he's done well in the last 3 years. The Perk trade aside, I think not resigning TA and then drafting Bradley were some of his biggest mistakes. And he's already made some missteps this year with letting Delonte go and using the MLE on Wilcox. However, getting Pietrus and Steimsma for the minimums may have saved him this season.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Celtics castaways Delonte West and Troy Murphy are playing well with their current teams. Sasha Pavlovic who was re-signed is a bust.  So is return-Celtic Marquis Daniels. DA passed on Marshon Brooks this year to pick Johnson and Moore, yet the former has already shown his NBA-readiness while the latter two are benchwarmers. Last year, he passed on DeAndre Jordan. Clearly, Ainge's ability to spot and draft talent is overrated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Danny is not on a roll!:
    [QUOTE]  Celtics castaways Delonte West and Troy Murphy are playing well with their current teams. Sasha Pavlovic who was re-signed is a bust.  So is return-Celtic Marquis Daniels. DA passed on Marshon Brooks this year to pick Johnson and Moore, yet the former has already shown his NBA-readiness while the latter two are benchwarmers. Last year, he passed on DeAndre Jordan. Clearly, Ainge's ability to spot and draft talent is overrated.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you on DA's inability to draft, but I do think Moore can be a good player, but he needs playing time. The guy can create his own shot, so thats always a plus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

When Ainge let James Posey go it was the beginning of the end for the Celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]When Ainge let James Posey go it was the beginning of the end for the Celtics.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

Agree that Posey could have helped for a couple of years after he left the Celtics.  He wouldn't be any help this year. I really appreciated what he did for the Celtics during their championship year.  He was a great acquisition by Danny and really helped the Celtics to win the championship.   Also not resigning TA was a big mistake. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Danny moves since the Big 3 and Rondo have been laughable at this time. If we performed our job as he has performed his.....we would have been shown the door by now. Good luck winning 25 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Danny is not on a roll!:
    [QUOTE]I just looked at how Nate Robinson scored 25 and helped GS beat the Heat last night.  I don't have the stats but Delonte had a big night in the Dallas win last night. Marshon Brooks looks to be a star in the making in New Jersey. Jeff Green had heart  surgery and is now an unrestricted free agent.  There are more, Tony Allen and Posey three years ago. To lesser degree we gave up Perkins and now have JON.  You get the picture why are they making changes and replacing them with significantly worse players? The big three were wonderful, but it is time to look at how having them around has made Danny Ainge go soft in assessing talent.  We have lost a lot of talent the last four years and we are materially worse.  Doc in reality might have had Marshon Brooks on the bench if he was here watching Bradley stink it up.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Listen...no one's coming to Boston because word gets around the league of how the mad GM will trade you at the drop of a hat. Don't think for one minute that this subject isn't discussed among the players especially those involved in DA's stupid moves. I think DA needs an overseerer to monitor his moves....he makes them just to be making them. And will try to convince us fans the reasoning behind it when we can see the moves have been pretty stupid. Enough is enough!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He is not making any moves now and we stink.  We need to do something or flirt with a sub .500 record.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]He is not making any moves now and we stink.  We need to do something or flirt with a sub .500 record.

And just why do you think we stink?...duh!!! Here's a hint....his stupid moves!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In fairness - Posey wanted 4 years, Danny offered 3 - and he stinks now
    Tony Allen? - Danny admitted he should have given him 3 years instead of 2, BUT I think he was gone, due to his feeling "disrespected."
    Delonte West was offered the min by the Celtics - turned it down, then signed for the min with DAL.
    JON was a mistake, but, as I've said, Perk was our Center, JON was supposed to be a backup.
    Perkins was offered a contract extension - turned it down - and who could have predicted Krsitc would bolt to Russia and Green would get hurt...BOTH would be major contributors this year.

I no longer trust DA's drafting ability.  JR Giddens over Jordan was pretty bad, Bradley over Anderson was pretty bad, too.......I was very happy when we drafted Brooks this year...I thought he would help prolong Ray's career, and thought he was NBA ready.  Now, I understand the trade for JJJ - I do, BUT  - to trade a guy like Brooks for a big and then NOT play the big is criminal!!
    Something needs to be done.  I have proposed many trades here, and everyone shoots them down- so you're on your own!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Danny is not on a roll!.

In response to "Re: Danny is not on a roll!": [QUOTE]In fairness - Posey wanted 4 years, Danny offered 3 - and he stinks now Tony Allen? - Danny admitted he should have given him 3 years instead of 2, BUT I think he was gone, due to his feeling "disrespected." Delonte West was offered the min by the Celtics - turned it down, then signed for the min with DAL. JON was a mistake, but, as I've said, Perk was our Center, JON was supposed to be a backup. Perkins was offered a contract extension - turned it down - and who could have predicted Krsitc would bolt to Russia and Green would get hurt...BOTH would be major contributors this year. I no longer trust DA's drafting ability.  JR Giddens over Jordan was pretty bad, Bradley over Anderson was pretty bad, too.......I was very happy when we drafted Brooks this year...I thought he would help prolong Ray's career, and thought he was NBA ready.  Now, I understand the trade for JJJ - I do, BUT  - to trade a guy like Brooks for a big and then NOT play the big is criminal!! Something needs to be done.  I have proposed many trades here, and everyone shoots them down- so you're on your own!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] Yes, Red, you have proposed trades as have others in the fun trade threads. The issue in this thread is how do we evaluate Danny who makes the only moves that really count. I am with most posters who have watched risky draft choice after another risky choice fail and trading away all of our size prematurely. I understand his move with Perk but not his timing ( should have let him play the season then then tried a sign and trade if he didn't want to play him) but Danny tanked the team at that point in mid season. He couldn't help the injuries but he punched the team in the gut emotionally AND he took away our one advantage against Miami - Size. Danny is NOT on a roll in player moves nor in drafts. With all the cap room he gets next year and the 2 first rounders, I sure hope he gets smarter. Many of your. Points are valid but some are just excuses for Danny. Overall, he's not done a good job the last 3 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JJJ is a big.  Russ we just have to face the music. Danny has drafted poorly the last few years and made some horrible trades and free agent signings.

The Big 3 were all he cared about and he was right.  Now we have to face the music.  Who knew Pierce would be this bad?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Perk is burning me up,Jordan is burning me up, and now Brooks is burning me up.

We had these guys in the palm of our hands! There is no way we would not be a better team with them right now!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

DA and doc  both CLUELESS..

Perk trade killed us..

gave up alot for noda..nothing

doc cant manage the bench and hates the rooks

jon and bradley are usless and monentum killers..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, they won a championship, and made a great run the next year too! And I loved every minute of it. But that still doesn't change the fact that Danny hasn't really made any successful moves that weren't idiot-proof other than drafting Rondo.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

He's no Jerry West...or Mitch Kupchak for that matter.

And he needed his buddy's help (Kevin McHale) to pull off the KG trade. I can't figure out why the C's ownership has kept him on as long as they have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]JJJ is a big.  Russ we just have to face the music. Danny has drafted poorly the last few years and made some horrible trades and free agent signings. The Big 3 were all he cared about and he was right.  Now we have to face the music.  Who knew Pierce would be this bad?

Agree.  Did I say JJJ was not a big?  I wanted to say if he is a big, and we traded Brooks for him he should be playing!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny is not on a roll! : And just why do you think we stink?...duh!!! Here's a hint....his stupid moves!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Walk2run I started this thread. Read at the top.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Danny is not on a roll!.

In Response to Re: Danny is not on a roll!.:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Danny is not on a roll!": Yes, Red, you have proposed trades as have others in the fun trade threads. The issue in this thread is how do we evaluate Danny who makes the only moves that really count. I am with most posters who have watched risky draft choice after another risky choice fail and trading away all of our size prematurely. I understand his move with Perk but not his timing ( should have let him play the season then then tried a sign and trade if he didn't want to play him) but Danny tanked the team at that point in mid season. He couldn't help the injuries but he punched the team in the gut emotionally AND he took away our one advantage against Miami - Size. Danny is NOT on a roll in player moves nor in drafts. With all the cap room he gets next year and the 2 first rounders, I sure hope he gets smarter. Many of your. Points are valid but some are just excuses for Danny. Overall, he's not done a good job the last 3 years.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

ALL my points are valid, you just don't agree with them, as usual.  That's fine - we are all hurting right now.

I was NOT in favor of giving Posey 4 years
    I WAS in favor of giving TA 3
    Still think Delonte will implode this year (and same money)
    I agree with the timing of the Perk trade - but he was offered an extension.  As Lou Gorman used to say, "Can't hold a gun to these kids heads!!"

I said he has not drafted well.  He is a good trader, a mediocre to poor drafter and a desperation FA signer!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I'm still happy to know that Perkins is no longer here dropping every pass that comes his way, getting stupid Ts, and hurting the team on the offensive end. Despite all, we wouldn't be seeing him in a green uniform now anyway. Like so many players, his perceived value was overblown, and like so many owners, overpaying for too many years for marginal talent is not unusual. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]  Celtics castaways Delonte West and Troy Murphy are playing well with their current teams. Sasha Pavlovic who was re-signed is a bust.  So is return-Celtic Marquis Daniels. DA passed on Marshon Brooks this year to pick Johnson and Moore, yet the former has already shown his NBA-readiness while the latter two are benchwarmers. Last year, he passed on DeAndre Jordan. Clearly, Ainge's ability to spot and draft talent is overrated.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]