Danny is not on a roll!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Re: Danny is not on a roll!

In Response to Re: Danny is not on a roll!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny is not on a roll! :
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]
    Doc will not play rookies,He loves his veterans,If brooks had been drafted by the celtics he would be sitting in the end of the bench.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Danny is not on a roll!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny is not on a roll! : Doc will not play rookies,He loves his veterans,If brooks had been drafted by the celtics he would be sitting in the end of the bench. Posted by debrit[/QUOTE] Rondo, Jefferson, Baby, and Delonte did not ride the bench.........nor did Gomes, Gerald Green, Mike Miller, etc. so, it clearly depends on the quality of the rookie. Danny needs to bring in more productive rookies. People here even complain Bradley is getting too many minutes. So, how can a second year guy get too many minutes if Doc doesn't play young players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Danny is not on a roll!.

In response to "Re: Danny is not on a roll!.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Danny is not on a roll!. : ALL my points are valid, you just don't agree with them, as usual.  That's fine - we are all hurting right now. I was NOT in favor of giving Posey 4 years I WAS in favor of giving TA 3 Still think Delonte will implode this year (and same money) I agree with the timing of the Perk trade - but he was offered an extension.  As Lou Gorman used to say, "Can't hold a gun to these kids heads!!" I said he has not drafted well.  He is a good trader, a mediocre to poor drafter and a desperation FA signer!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE] Okey dokie then: All of your points have validity but I think some of them are just excuses for Danny. Is that better? Man, it just seems you like to argue over every little word rather than the big picture!! You understood the point AGAIN but you just had to argue the words didn't you? Can't even agree with most of your points without you finding something in the post to take offense to. Chill out, man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

look, Danny Ainge isn't afraid to pull the trigger which is good in some sense, but he is horrible at drafting players and honestly the Celtics are just plain bad at developing them. The one bright spot is Rondo, and maybe Al Jefferson but if the Celtics want to get better Ainge needs to make smarter moves and actually draft good players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In fairness - Posey wanted 4 years, Danny offered 3 - and he stinks now Tony Allen? - Danny admitted he should have given him 3 years instead of 2, BUT I think he was gone, due to his feeling "disrespected." Delonte West was offered the min by the Celtics - turned it down, then signed for the min with DAL. JON was a mistake, but, as I've said, Perk was our Center, JON was supposed to be a backup. Perkins was offered a contract extension - turned it down - and who could have predicted Krsitc would bolt to Russia and Green would get hurt...BOTH would be major contributors this year. I no longer trust DA's drafting ability.  JR Giddens over Jordan was pretty bad, Bradley over Anderson was pretty bad, too.......I was very happy when we drafted Brooks this year...I thought he would help prolong Ray's career, and thought he was NBA ready.  Now, I understand the trade for JJJ - I do, BUT  - to trade a guy like Brooks for a big and then NOT play the big is criminal!! Something needs to be done.  I have proposed many trades here, and everyone shoots them down- so you're on your own!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

@Celticsfan4life - the bold faced ones are my points.  Which ones, exactly, are excuses for Danny??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Perk was offered an extension and turned it down: So what? He still could have kept Perk and did a sign and trade at the end of the year. Bad GM decision and there's no excuse for his decision or how it was handled. Perk was our center and JON was supposed to be the backup: excuse! Danny did not replace Perk and allowed an old JON to become our starter. He's the GM. No excuse for not coming up with a center. He made the move to get rid of Perk so he should have had a solution before making that move. Look man, I agree with many of your points but I think Danny screwed up too much and it hurt us last year and this year. I hope he rectifies the problem given the tools he has for next yr.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Danny's biggest blunder was keeping Doc over Tibs. Watch tonight. This could be brutal...Still rooting for my Celtics but being objective. And, watching CP3 play the other night, you could see why Danny was loco to switch him for Rondo, no disrpect to Rondo who is dynamic, but Chris Paul is a court meistro; no Larry Bird or Magic mind you, but of that ilk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Danny's biggest blunder was keeping Doc over Tibs. Watch tonight. This could be brutal...Still rooting for my Celtics but being objective. And, watching CP3 play the other night, you could see why Danny was loco to switch him for Rondo, no disrpect to Rondo who is dynamic, but Chris Paul is a court meistro; no Larry Bird or Magic mind you, but of that ilk.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree, I think Doc is a better coach than Tibs, he is a players coach. Danny did not draft well in the past few years and thats a major reason why we are not so good right now. Most likely we are going to have two picks in the first round, in a loaded draft. Here is Danny's chance to make up for his mistakes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Perk was offered an extension and turned it down: So what? He still could have kept Perk and did a sign and trade at the end of the year. Bad GM decision and there's no excuse for his decision or how it was handled. Perk was our center and JON was supposed to be the backup: excuse! Danny did not replace Perk and allowed an old JON to become our starter. He's the GM. No excuse for not coming up with a center. He made the move to get rid of Perk so he should have had a solution before making that move. Look man, I agree with many of your points but I think Danny screwed up too much and it hurt us last year and this year. I hope he rectifies the problem given the tools he has for next yr.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Great post and I agree with you 100%.  This team is lacking in size and it will be a problem for the remainder of the season unless a trade is made to obtain another big man. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Perk was offered an extension and turned it down: So what? He still could have kept Perk and did a sign and trade at the end of the year. Bad GM decision and there's no excuse for his decision or how it was handled. Perk was our center and JON was supposed to be the backup: excuse! Danny did not replace Perk and allowed an old JON to become our starter. He's the GM. No excuse for not coming up with a center. He made the move to get rid of Perk so he should have had a solution before making that move. Look man, I agree with many of your points but I think Danny screwed up too much and it hurt us last year and this year. I hope he rectifies the problem given the tools he has for next yr.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Can you give me the specifics of the Perk trade?  I know the answer, btw, just seeing if you do!

Oh, and getting rid of Erden was a mistake, too.  Although I heard he was pining to go back to Turkey, I still think he should have kept him until the end of the year.  Looking back on the Perk trade, perhaps Danny should have held out for James Harden - that's who he wanted in the first place.  It should be interesting to see how this plays out!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Danny has been great when you consider what he had to work with, and don't forget Jeff Green who is worth the gamble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

About Chris Wilcox, does Danny see or know something that's not obvious?  Why did we blow our MLE on him?