Danny isn't stupid!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Re: Danny isn't stupid!

In Response to Re: Danny isn't stupid!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Danny isn't stupid! : Wellwritten, highly informative & persuasive, bro... all these people hatin on danny and doc ??? Could these dopes accomplish even the 2008 title if they had the job, or is their basketball resume exclusively found on xbox and nintendo????
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Now folks are dopes cause they chose not go along with people or think like you like you " Mr Intellectual"....but since you bought it up, you must know a lot about xBox and Nintendo. I wonder how?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Great Post, thank you.

My thinking is Danny's done great. And, I am not unhappy with the team right now. The NBA is a brutal place to develop players. They need to stay in college longer. Ray, KG, and Paul are gifts. Players like them don't come around too often and its still a joy to watch them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You make some good points, however: 

"  He wasnt signing with us for less money, Danny had to make the deal.  "

This is a fiction I have seen from Ainge supporters a lot. There is a shortage of centers in the NBA. Perkins did not get overpaid, he signed for his market value. Ainge low balled him. That's Ainge's call, he can do that, but I would argue it was the wrong decision and it wasn't Ainge's only option. He could have paid Perkins market value and kept him. You hurt your own argument by denying this fact. There are very credible rumors Ainge realized his mistake and tried to trade for Perk back from OKC. They wouldn't part with him.

Ainge has done a lot of things right but some things wrong. Not signing Perk will go down as his biggest mistake UNLESS he signes Dwight Howard, in which case that will change this significantly. Ainge clearly made the Perk move with Howard partially in mind so we'll see. 

Bottom line: Ainge will always get respect from true fans for bringing a championship back to Boston (though remember the previous regime did get us to the Eastern Conference Finals also). However, I believe his ultimate legacy will depend on his rebuilding of the current team. If he can rebuild us into a contender again he will be regarded as a great GM as you would like him to be seen. For now, he's a good to very good GM who gets too trigger happy sometimes. His draft picks in recent years have not been nearly as good unfortunately as a few years back. We'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Danny should have a T-shirt that reads: "Got Cap Space?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]You make some good points, however:  "  He wasnt signing with us for less money, Danny had to make the deal.   " This is a fiction I have seen from Ainge supporters a lot. There is a shortage of centers in the NBA. Perkins did not get overpaid, he signed for his market value. Ainge low balled him. That's Ainge's call, he can do that, but I would argue it was the wrong decision and it wasn't Ainge's only option. He could have paid Perkins market value and kept him. You hurt your own argument by denying this fact. There are very credible rumors Ainge realized his mistake and tried to trade for Perk back from OKC. They wouldn't part with him. Ainge has done a lot of things right but some things wrong. Not signing Perk will go down as his biggest mistake UNLESS he signes Dwight Howard, in which case that will change this significantly. Ainge clearly made the Perk move with Howard partially in mind so we'll see.  Bottom line: Ainge will always get respect from true fans for bringing a championship back to Boston (though remember the previous regime did get us to the Eastern Conference Finals also). However, I believe his ultimate legacy will depend on his rebuilding of the current team. If he can rebuild us into a contender again he will be regarded as a great GM as you would like him to be seen. For now, he's a good to very good GM who gets too trigger happy sometimes. His draft picks in recent years have not been nearly as good unfortunately as a few years back. We'll see.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said, except for one thing - We do NOT know that Danny low-balled him.  He made one offer and it was rejected.  Was there a counter-offer?  Did Perk's agent say it wasn't even close?  Did he say he wouldn't have signed for 20 mill?  He did make an offer, and it was refused, that is all we know.  And I don't think we need to get DH, we could get other servicable centers to fill his shoes.

All this would be moot if Kristic didn't bolt for Russia and Green didn't have his medical issue.  We'd be one of the top teams in the league, and then everyone would be saying what a genius the guy is!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from timgm. Show timgm's posts

I still think we should have stood pat at the Ray Allen trade and kept big Al. I dont want to here that you cant build through the draft. Look at Chicago and the Clippers. If they had let Pierce walk we could have had Brandon Roy in 2006 and If I remember correctly Jefferson was started to blossom in his third year. Boston should have drafted Marshon Brooks last year in stead of JaJuaun Johnson. This kid has not even been given a chance. I'm suprised Doc is giving Etwaun Moore a chance. Doc does not play rookies. And I think that is a huge mistake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

There is a reason you don't see rookies playing for playoff teams...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

4yrs before KG trade, Cs were going downhill fast.   Remember 18 losses in a row.   Since the championship, downhill.   Slower because of the Boston3.   Some could say it was the bench (House, Powe, BB, Posey) that really made the Cs.   DA's doing?   If he was so smart about them, then why'd he let them go (Posey, LP) so easily.   What about the aquisitions over the last 3yrs?   Telfairs, JGreen, MDaniels.   These players are more like the first 4yrs.   I'm glad DA led the Cs to the 18th (?).   Luck is a one yr wonder.   Skill is keeping competative.   Cs are still competative?   It's because of PP who was drafted in ? 1998.   PP not available early this season and the Cs were a disaster (? 1-4).   Like somebody mentioned, in 9 drafts, Cs only have one player on the Cs - RR.   Cs again are going downhill fast.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]There's a reason you don't see Kristic in green anymore too.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Yes there is - Russia was able to offer him immediate GREEN, while the NBA was in limbo!!

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts