Danny Lays it All Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Danny Lays it All Out

Danny Ainge laid it all out there for everyone on CSNNE, the Quis injury, the Perk injury, and the need for a back-up for Paul.  With little more than 24 hours till the Thursday trade deadline, Danny Boy has got his work cut out for him.

Here's the gist of the situation according to Danny.

"If the C's don't make a trade or add a player via buy-out, Ainge is still confident that the Celtics will be among the last teams standing when all is said and done.

Right now, Delonte West and Von Wafer will be counted on to fill that backup small forward position.

We don't have a lot of assets to trade," Ainge told CSNNE.com. "So whoever we get, it'll be a good player who can help us, but it's not going to be a great, superstar player or anything like that.'

Some of the more talked-about names include Cleveland's Anthony Parker, Los Angeles Clippers forward Rasual Butler and Indiana's Dahntay Jones. The Celtics are also hopeful that if a trade doesn't work out, they might be able to add a player who receives a buyout. Two of the more talked-about options along those lines are Detroit's Richard Hamilton and Troy Murphy, who was recently traded from New Jersey to Golden State. The Warriors are expected to buy Murphy out.

The C's suffered yet another blow to one of their big men when an MRI taken Wednesday morning revealed that he had a strained MCL in his left knee. Ainge said Perkins would not play in the remaining three games on Boston's West coast trip.

'Delonte played great defense (against Golden State on Tuesday)," Ainge said. "And Von Wafer has really been coming on for us lately. He can play some 3 (small forward) as well.'

Ainge reiterated that the C's will not make a deal simply for the sake of hogging up a line on the transactions wire.

"I want to only do good deals," quipped Ainge. "We won't do a deal out of panic. That's not going to happen. There's a lot of good NBA players. We'll be OK."

www.csnne.com/02/23/11/Celtics-continue-to-shop-around-for-a-ba/landing_celtics.html?blockID=416700&feedID=4022

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Re: Danny Lays it All Out

It's very unfortunate that injuries have depleted the Celtics for the entire season, but we rather have the injuries now than in May or June. But I am glad to hear that Perkins did not suffer from a serious injury.

About the trade, I have already said it that Celtics do not have the trade pieces that other teams are looking for, so, I think their best bet is to wait and see who gets a buyout. But we never know, Danny might just pull out one come Thursday afternoon right before the deadline.

If a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

its not for a lack of effort. He's leaving no stone unturned.  Maybe something will crawl out of the woodwork.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LMAO! West and Wafer as the backup SFs??

Ok Danny tell us another one. He's not slick we know there aren't any superstars coming to the C's but I surely don't believe he's going to ride with West and Wafer as backup SFs. Poker face Ainge...love it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Lays it All Out:
    LMAO! West and Wafer as the backup SFs?? Ok Danny tell us another one. He's not slick we know there aren't any superstars coming to the C's but I surely don't believe he's going to ride with West and Wafer as backup SFs. Poker face Ainge...love it.
    Posted by BiasLewis

If we can't make a trade thats exactly what will happen. 10 minutes a game in the playoffs won''t kill us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

think we'd like to have giddens, walker and house back for nate right about now? lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

think we'd like to have giddens, walker and house back for nate right about now? lol
    Posted by kaktug

I would take Walker or House.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Lays it All Out : I would take Walker or House.
    Posted by OneOnOne

i never really got that trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Lays it All Out : If we can't make a trade thats exactly what will happen. 10 minutes a game in the playoffs won''t kill us.
    Posted by OneOnOne

I'm not buying it that's all. If he thinks that's going to get us to the Finals so be it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Danny Lays it All Out : I'm not buying it that's all. If he thinks that's going to get us to the Finals so be it.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Well get ready, you may have to buy it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

There is a trading deadline but if someone is bought out that makes them a FA and there is no deadline for signing a FA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

There is a trading deadline but if someone is bought out that makes them a FA and there is no deadline for signing a FA.
    Posted by BiasLewis

You are absolutely correct.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

I thought a FA would have to be signed by March 1 to be eligible for the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I thought a FA would have to be signed by March 1 to be eligible for the playoffs.
    Posted by mbrann

thats true.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

IF worst comes to worst we do need a big 3 athletic body that can give some hard licks on the queen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

Well they made the trade, Perk and Robinson to OKC for our 1st round pick, Jeff Green, who we drafted and traded for Allen.  Also a backup center Krstic, who is seemingly fragile and not a banger with "some" offense.

That's about all I have.  The Globe is never on top of things, and I don't understand why they can't get the basic way these new guys play, are they scorers, defensive players, overall good players.

We may need till tomorrow morning gor all this, and by then we will all have this info from everywhere else.

Sections
Shortcuts