Danny Loves Rondo!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Danny Loves Rondo!!!

Later, Ainge was asked more directly if he’d ponder trading Rondo or Bradley in the offseason given the way his team has performed.

“I can’t envision any scenario, no,” Ainge said. “I love those guys, where Rondo is right in the prime of his career, and Avery’s not even there yet, he’s continuing to get better. I think they are a great guard combination and to ever consider doing something like that, it would have to be something significant.”

Floated that scenario [about trading Rondo] during a call to Boston sports radio WBZ-FM (98.5 the SportsHub), Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge brushed off the suggestion while stressing how much the team likes the Rondo-Avery Bradley backcourt combination moving forward.

“I don’t know what you’re insinuating because Avery is not Rondo and Avery can also play 2 guard with Rondo and those guys have been extremely effective together,” Ainge said. “I know that we haven’t had them together much this year and I think that Rajon loves playing with Avery Bradley for a lot of different reasons. I think that combination last year proved to be spectacular, they just didn’t get a chance to get together much this year, so it’s a little bit unfair.”

Poor pud.. The bright side is we will get years of his moronic posts complaing about Rondo because Rondo will still be here and poor pud will have to suffer through all the responses about how dumb he is. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Danny Loves Rondo!!!

In response to jtkl's comment:

Later, Ainge was asked more directly if he’d ponder trading Rondo or Bradley in the offseason given the way his team has performed.

“I can’t envision any scenario, no,” Ainge said. “I love those guys, where Rondo is right in the prime of his career, and Avery’s not even there yet, he’s continuing to get better. I think they are a great guard combination and to ever consider doing something like that, it would have to be something significant.”

Floated that scenario [about trading Rondo] during a call to Boston sports radio WBZ-FM (98.5 the SportsHub), Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge brushed off the suggestion while stressing how much the team likes the Rondo-Avery Bradley backcourt combination moving forward.

“I don’t know what you’re insinuating because Avery is not Rondo and Avery can also play 2 guard with Rondo and those guys have been extremely effective together,” Ainge said. “I know that we haven’t had them together much this year and I think that Rajon loves playing with Avery Bradley for a lot of different reasons. I think that combination last year proved to be spectacular, they just didn’t get a chance to get together much this year, so it’s a little bit unfair.”

Poor pud.. The bright side is we will get years of his moronic posts complaing about Rondo because Rondo will still be here and poor pud will have to suffer through all the responses about how dumb he is. 

How can you be so ignorant to how business is conducted in big league sports? Whether or not DA trades any player, it is his responsibility to build the player's value in the media and to imply that the player is invaluable to the team in order to drive up the expectations of any trade partner. Coaches and GM's do this with almost ANY player. It would be stupid for them to ever say "Yup, were are gonna trade him to the highest bidder now that we see how much better our team chemistry and peerformace is without Rondo." Come on man, are you really that stupid? I hope its just because you are 16-yrs old or something that would explain your lack of business sense. PUD sees who you are just like the rest of us do, a Rondo Fat Head purchaser. Now get back to algebra class, lunch is over!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

is not that he loves Rondo, is that he needs to keep his image "intact". I think Ainge even loved Gabe Pruitt..is part of the business, raise the stock on a player no matter how!!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

is not that he loves Rondo, is that he needs to keep his image "intact". I think Ainge even loved Gabe Pruitt..is part of the business, raise the stock on a player no matter how!!!  

Very good analysis.  He wants to have the ability to move Rondo without him being a problem child.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Rondo will never be traded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

How can you be so ignorant to how business is conducted in big league sports? Whether or not DA trades any player, it is his responsibility to build the player's value in the media and to imply that the player is invaluable to the team in order to drive up the expectations of any trade partner. Coaches and GM's do this with almost ANY player. It would be stupid for them to ever say "Yup, were are gonna trade him to the highest bidder now that we see how much better our team chemistry and peerformace is without Rondo." Come on man, are you really that stupid? I hope its just because you are 16-yrs old or something that would explain your lack of business sense. PUD sees who you are just like the rest of us do, a Rondo Fat Head purchaser. Now get back to algebra class, lunch is over!

Danny (after he was injured.) was willing to trade Rondo for Dwight howard, or multiple young assets like the nuggets got for Carmelo. Rondo, isn't going anywhere unless the Celtics get a major haul in return. I highly doubt he goes anywhere. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

Very good analysis.  He wants to have the ability to move Rondo without him being a problem child.

Very, unlikely. First off how often to major trades hapen, once twice a season. Second Ainge has noly shown wilingness to trade Rondo for a player of the caliber of Chris Paul or such. It's just soooo not likely to happen. For which I am glad. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Danny (after he was injured.) was willing to trade Rondo for Dwight howard, or multiple young assets like the nuggets got for Carmelo. Rondo, isn't going anywhere unless the Celtics get a major haul in return. I highly doubt he goes anywhere. 

Are you reading what you write: You are saying, "Danny (after Rondo was injured.) was willing to trade Rondo for Dwight howard, or multiple young assets like the nuggets got for Carmelo." Do you think that this implies that DA really thought that Rondo was worth what he was asking for in exchange for an injured Rondo? ABSOLUTLEY NOT! It only shows that DA was trying to take advantage of another team in a desperate situation. At the time, LA was reeling with an under .500 record out of the play-off pic and DH and Kobe drama was at a peak. If I ask u to trade me a $100 for my hamburger, does that mean my hamburger is worth $100? Damn, dude, go get your G.E.D. and take a few economics classes. You need to leand the art of bargaining and buisiness.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to celtic213's comment:

Want to bet?

Yes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to celtic213's comment:

Want to bet?

Trades of Rondo's caliber just don't get done unless the stars align and you get an offer you can't refuse. When Rondo comes back next season and IF the team struggles then I can see them trading him, but I just don't see that happening. I'm not the biggest Rondo fan in the world I'm just a realist that knows a young proven point guard isnt somebody your going to look to get rid of. I love Bradley but he isn't a point guard and the only way you trade an All Star point guard is for a package that at least involves a below All Star level point guard, and I just don't see any team that would do that. Maybe I'm wrong I just don't see teams lining up at the door to give away young All Star caliber players for Rondo, and young All Star caliber players is the only way DA would ever trade Rondo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

When Rondo goes, i hope some of these Rondo lovers go with him!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Not a lover. If anything I like our team better without him. I just don't see anybody willing to trade anything for Rondo because of his attitude and his injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

You're right, I hate these people who love our players!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Never trust a NBA GM. No one is ever safe. I think Rondo is gone. Seriously, how could Ainge like the Rondo/AB backcourt over the AB/Lee backcourt...no way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Its little more than puppy love. They'll get over it by puberty.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Never trust a NBA GM. No one is ever safe. I think Rondo is gone. Seriously, how could Ainge like the Rondo/AB backcourt over the AB/Lee backcourt...no way.

When you put them side by side like that, BLB, it ain't even close! one pair seem polarized by eachother's skill set, the other pair seem like a rabid pack out to getcha! You know which is which!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

Today, I saw JTKL, Jamez, and a Rondo Fat Head sittin' in a tree!!! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

like green, here's another one - as soon as Ainge said he likes Rondo -- the RONDO TRADE THAT ECHOED ALL WEEK LONG - suddenly will die and jump back to ainge bandwagon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Pud

Sorry little fella. Rondo will be staying. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Pud

Today, I saw JTKL, Jamez, and a Rondo Fat Head sittin' in a tree!!! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!

Sure that wasn't your mom? 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Pud

Hold on a second, let me ask your Mom. She was with me when I saw them! Nevermind, she had her head down! HA!!!!

-------

that was your wife. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pud

Hold on a second, let me ask your Mom. She was with me when I saw them! Nevermind, she had her head down! HA!!!!

That was your wife little fella.

Nope, I asked her and she said she's your mom, in between gags of course! The top of her head sure is pretty! HA-HA!